Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Excellent news. 95% of the performers are work-shy imposters disguising laziness as ‘art’. The millions of morons who lap up the Festival dross have got COVID wave 2 written all over them as well.

IMO.

I’m sure that the producers are devastated to hear that it hasn’t earned the high culture seal of approval from a shite-flinging fantasist.

6 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

My bird has been sent home today because they are too overstaffed. Surely a first for the NHS to be overstaffed 😂

One of my mates lives next to 2 nurses in Paisley who work in intensive care

They were both off at the weekend

They’ve only got 1 person in intensive care in Paisley with coronavirus. 

He’s 86, just had a hip replacement and was in intensive care anyway 

The latest report from the European monitor of excess mortality in Europe states that:
”Pooled estimates of all-cause mortality show, overall, normal expected levels”
Note concerning COVID-19 related mortality as part of the all-cause mortality figures reported by EuroMOMO

Over the past few days, the EuroMOMO hub has received many questions about the weekly all-cause mortality data and the possible contribution of any COVID-19 related mortality. Some wonder why no increased mortality is observed in the reported mortality figures for the COVID-19 affected countries.

The answer is that increased mortality that may occur primarily at subnational level or within smaller focal areas, and/or concentrated within smaller age groups, may not be detectable at the national level, even more so not in the pooled analysis at European level, given the large total population denominator. Furthermore, there is always a few weeks of delay in death registration and reporting. Hence, the EuroMOMO mortality figures for the most recent weeks must be interpreted with some caution.

Therefore, although increased mortality may not be immediately observable in the EuroMOMO figures, this does not mean that increased mortality does not occur in some areas or in some age groups, including mortality related to COVID-19.

https://www.euromomo.eu/

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Any photies of aforementioned nurses?

Edited by jock_the_squak

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Be some laugh if the virus just disappears with no explanation. The tin foil consumption would be amazing.

That's just about what happened to SARS. They started developing a vaccine then scrapped it because it wasn't needed.

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Yeah I'm getting my arse handed to me by a guy who thinks it's just the flu.

No you've tried to take the piss out of someone on an internet forum, and made an arse of it.

I don't see the issue with ignoring one single anomalous data point either, especially when another poster offered an explanation as to why it was there.

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Lock down working then.

10 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

You're supposed to say "I CANT HEAR YOU, LETS TRY HARDER " first, before the caps lock gets hit.

BOOO.

I've been to on panto in my puff when I was 50.

That doesn't tie in with the fact that throughout the process between 90-95% of people tested have come back as negative, and these are largely the ones who have symptoms so you'd expect the percentage of positive cases to be highest amongst that group.
Some people may have had it and got rid of it and therefore test negative, but if the majority of people have had/have the virus as you say there is no way we'd be seeing such a small percentage of positive testing.

Isn't one of the issues about the test for this is that it returns a lot of false negatives? So there are a lot of people who have the virus but have been told they don't.

Then stop rolling out their models as fact.
They spread fear and have all been wrong.
The latest "6 months until UK returns to normal" helps absolutely nobody

Why do folk keep coming out with this pish? I mean, I know why you do, but other people? The CMO said that restrictions would be reviewed every three weeks for up to 6 months. Thst isn't the same as saying it'll be in place for 6 months FFS. It might even mean relaxing after 3 weeks. I can't see it happening, but it could. This 6 months bollocks is really annoying me.

Just now, Brother Blades said:

No idea how many pages I’m behind on this thread. I’m not raking through the hundreds of posts & didn’t get a chance to look yesterday, was out shopping with the missus & then drove to the beach for a nice stroll, did I miss anything?

Someone likes the Phantom Menace.