Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

A glimmer of optimism? worldwide cases dipped yesterday. It's happened before and then sprung back up mind.

image.png.bf5c9989b77d7584ca5b48c1974be962.png

Is that first spike not China only?

I think it's probably wise to either ignore it, as the rest of the Chinese data forms a curve, or ignore the Chinese data altogether as being reliable as a single day spike like that is ridiculously unlikely.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

We can vaccinate against flu and it still infects 500,000,000 (which seems a ridiculous number but based on 0.1%)

Either the vaccinations are less effective than thought, a large chunk of people don't get vaccinated, or certain years have a flu variant that has a mortality rate similar to that of Covid-19 in under 50s, despite there being "a vaccine"

The flu jag is to protect against known strains of flu afaik, so if no vaccination maybe multiply 'normal' deaths by a factor of 'pull-it-out-of-the-air'?

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Is that first spike not China only?

I think it's probably wise to either ignore it, as the rest of the Chinese data forms a curve, or ignore the Chinese data altogether as being reliable as a single day spike like that is ridiculously unlikely.

You do know why it "forms a curve" I'd assume?

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

You do know why it "forms a curve" I'd assume?

You want me to say because countries lock down.

The alternate view is that it's already infected the vast majority of the population, and the number of those that will develop symptoms but haven't yet reduces every day.

Without adequate antibody testing there's no way to tell for sure.

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

New York is in the shit cause the NYC major was telling people to go about their business and not bother with the virus.

They'd have been better off with this guy in charge Bilko Stock Photos & Bilko Stock Images - Alamy

22 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The point I was trying to make was that it's quite possible the "model" was way out.

If we are being honest, every prediction so far has been wrong.

'Experts' are guessing just as much as everyone else. They quite clearly have a hard on for an end of days type virus.

Aye, we'be had enough of 'experts'!

What do 'experts' know anyway?!

Their years of study mean nothing!

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Would that not make me an expert?

That is precisely what they are doing.

No, it isn't.

17 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
Its fucking close for me to come through there and take your lunch money off you if this keeps up

Grumpy.

Oh, well played!

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Their years of study mean nothing!

I didn't say that, but the info we get changes every day.

"Peak in late April if we do nothing. Let's flatten in to June"

"Peak in June"

Now the peak is predicted to be mid April, and that's with all the restrictions in place.

"2 weeks behind Italy"

"20,000 deaths" Italy will be around 20,000 deaths at the end of this but we "aren't like Italy because x,y and z"

Don't get me wrong, the measures put in place have been correct to react to the data they've been getting. But that's what it is, a reaction.

Their models and predictions have been utter nonsense.

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You want me to say because countries lock down.

The alternate view is that it's already infected the vast majority of the population, and the number of those that will develop symptoms but haven't yet reduces every day.

Without adequate antibody testing there's no way to tell for sure.

That doesn't tie in with the fact that throughout the process between 90-95% of people tested have come back as negative, and these are largely the ones who have symptoms so you'd expect the percentage of positive cases to be highest amongst that group.

Some people may have had it and got rid of it and therefore test negative, but if the majority of people have had/have the virus as you say there is no way we'd be seeing such a small percentage of positive testing.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever