Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm doing just that - driving her round the wee circular cul de sac we live in every couple of days.
When I was stopped from driving after my CVA last year, I ended up having to buy a new battery, as this motor has the whole keyless malarkey, which apparently means it's sprays running a detector to see if there's a fob in range. To be honest, I'd rather use an old fashioned key and not have to shell out two hundred notes for a replacement battery.

Could you not just pull one of the battery leads out?

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Don't get me wrong, Craigkillie made some very good points and pozbaird lost the plot. I'm not disputing that.

But the tone coming from some posters in response to very minor issues is unhealthy. Folk lose perspective very easily under these circumstances and we need to all stay a bit calmer.

This is after a week, imagine what it will be like come mid Summer !!

Hopefully we'll get a scorcher this year, an alcohol ban and lots of posters boasting about their "second walk of the day", "driving to their exercise destination" and "going shopping with the wife"

KA BOOOOOOOOOOM !!!!!!!!

The rage and meltdown will be like Ibrox after a home draw..............

When we were at the supermarket the other day the wife asked me if I wanted penne or fusili or farfale or rigatoni or macaroni. I replied “yes” to save time.

You can’t be inconsiderate of other people at times like this.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Didn't this happen in Star Wars (specifically Revenge of the Sith)?

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Aye maybe. Anyway if history taught me anything, it's that these sort of things usually precede a golden age of tolerance and freedom.

Coincidentally I watched The Phantom Menace last night. Genuinely might be the most racist movie ever made. Jar Jar Binks doesn't even come in to the third most dodgy things about that movie.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Coincidentally I watched The Phantom Menace last night. Genuinely might be the most racist movie ever made. Jar Jar Binks doesn't even come in to the third most dodgy things about that movie.

Well ahead of the curve in demonising the Chinese aliens. Most people back then would’ve made Middle Eastern aliens the baddies.

I watched Scream 3 last night, a (pretty shite) film about a woman whose life is destroyed after being raped at a party thrown by a film producer. Produced by: Harvey Weinstein.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Source? What would be the thought process behind such a move

It would make sense.   Last thing the NHS would need is domestic abuse cases rocketing and alcohol related illnesses going through the roof on the back of this pandemic.  Apologies if someone's answered already.  I'm a few pages behind.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

The evir, obviousry asian trade federation guys are something else.

Only edged out by Watto. The big nosed slave owner who literally says "your mind tricks won't work on a Jew Toydarian, ONLY MONEY"

10 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
14 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I watched Scream 3 last night, a (pretty shite) film about a woman whose life is destroyed after being raped at a party thrown by a film producer. Produced by: Harvey Weinstein.

Write what you know?

Anyone watching the BBC news just now would be shocked / outraged at the footage just shown of the "nightingale" hospital in London.

Social distancing ???

The NHS staff were all standing literally shoulder to shoulder cheering and clapping, the security and logistics people were all walking about in groups of four and five and the admin people were in the background talking literally face to face right next to each other.

So again, totally mixed messages and of course the media didn't make one mention of it.