Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ICTChris

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My Mum is 94 and was going on walking holidays with my Dad in her eighties. I hate this idea that old people are all past their sell by date after 3 score years and ten. 

So, not in a care home, then. Think anyone can conclude you are past your sell by date if you're locked away in a care home. Living to 94+ and being fit in your eighties is good fortunate even if you have lived a health-conscious life. It should be remembered that the vast majority of old people still recovered from Covid. Yet the state tried to take away, by law, how much risk they were 'allowed' to accept by making it illegal to see grandchildren.

Sky News leading with the prospect of nuclear armageddon all day until... the news that Covid cases are back on the rise! warnock.png

5 hours ago, Elixir said:

Sky News leading with the prospect of nuclear armageddon all day until... the news that Covid cases are back on the rise! warnock.png

Ah but this time it's going to "devastating" honest!!!!!

image.png.335bfcbe6cb8f7bc649532f71a988161.png

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

P&B would be a bit dull if nobody cared what other posters think.

It would also be less dull if people like you stopped telling everyone they had me on ignore when they clearly didn't. 😜

Edited by oaksoft

I suspect I may have picked up the ole Rona last week. Not sure, symptoms came on the same way as when I caught covid before but very mild this time and not enough to make me think twice about going to work. Maybe just a common cold (they're the same thing at this point).

Wild to think there are countries elsewhere on this Earth where I might've been thrown into a concentration camp for this.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Ah but this time it's going to "devastating" honest!!!!!

image.png.335bfcbe6cb8f7bc649532f71a988161.png

I usually have Sky News up while I'm working, and the two people they brought on to talk about it were... Christina Pagel and Kit Yates. 🥴

15 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I usually have Sky News up while I'm working, and the two people they brought on to talk about it were... Christina Pagel and Kit Yates. 🥴

Not even trying with a new super duper new variant this time, yet still claiming "we just don't know" the outcome of a wave of the same old shanicron that has already shown itself to be a nothing burger 🥴

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Amazing thread. Second tweet is the best for me, “handful of mavericks”

I preferred his tantrum about getting negative reviews from students for being a completely uninterpretable freak show in the classroom tbh. What will happen when the unstoppable force of his Shan cold virtue-signalling meets the immovable object of a student that needs to lip read to aid understanding? 

Spoiler

Hopefully the ending of a tragic, self-centred career. 

30 minutes ago, Elixir said:

HoarseBleakDwarfmongoose-max-1mb.gif

Aside from the obvious cannot afford a lockdown even if they wanted one it would be quite interesting to see how plums like Clownshoes would attempt to justify (and you know he would 100% gleefully try to do so) the need for masks and/or one now, when a much larger wave of the same virus passed without so much as a whimper in the summer.

They also can't afford to support businesses financially for cutting their revenue streams for a third consecutive festive period so it will be a hilarious charade (that will be roundly ignored) if they bring back mandatory facemasks for walking into a packed room only to allow you to take it off for the entirety of the time you are in it.

These cretins are desperate to avoid a restriction free winter passing by without societal collapse as it will highlight their expertise for exactly what it is - nonsense.

Edited by Todd_is_God