Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ICTChris

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I for one am glad that the conspiracy theory nuts are still going strong. Despite all the evidence, they still believe. I wish I had such faith in something.

The only thing remotely close is the pro-Brexit folk who still believe that it is a roaring success, and that anything not working is because people don't believe in Britain hard enough.

I'm just trying to imagine how challenging and exhausting it must be to live on a daily basis with someone who sees conspiracy everywhere.

Someone who will rubbish anything officially released but will willingly and staunchly believe any old anonymous poster on Reddit.

6 hours ago, Detournement said:

Mainly because it's across all age groups. Covid cases were high before the recent uptick in excess deaths and the factors you mention can't explain higher excess deaths in people under 40.

The idea that Long Covid is killing healthy people is a new one.

At no point did I say it was killing healthy people.

What makes you so sure these people were healthy in the first place? How do you know they didn't have an underlying condition?

Healthy people don't drop dead at 40. If they drop dead at 40 they clearly were NOT healthy. By definition. Just because you can cycle competitively or run a marathon doesn't mean you are healthy.

Just had our fifth and sixth "winter" shots. For the first time we were called  forward to  a local hospital rather than the surgery. Once there, we were instructed to maintain social distancing and to wear masks at all times within the premises.  Clearly the NHS doesn't do irony or demonstrate any confidence in the product.

I get why in very specific clinical settings masks might need to be worn.

But why do we continually see these morons still wearing them while shopping? It's bizarre because they are often accompanied by an unmasked partner - don't they understand that masks were never about protecting the individual?

46 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Just had our fifth and sixth "winter" shots. For the first time we were called  forward to  a local hospital rather than the surgery. Once there, we were instructed to maintain social distancing and to wear masks at all times within the premises.  Clearly the NHS doesn't do irony or demonstrate any confidence in the product.

Just say no.

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wife and I are going to our local hospital for jabs tomorrow.

We’ll not be wearing masks.

If we get banned I’ll report accordingly.

Does your wife ever rebel against the Dawson Park rulebook? Even just with an inner cringe and a little sigh?

42 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wife and I are going to our local hospital for jabs tomorrow.

We’ll not be wearing masks.

If we get banned I’ll report accordingly.

On tenterhooks already. 

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Does your wife ever rebel against the Dawson Park rulebook? Even just with an inner cringe and a little sigh?

She has her own views and refused the second booster unlike myself as she was poorly after the first booster.

She is for the flu jab but not sure what she’ll do tomorrow about the 3rd booster.

Who knows, I might follow her line.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

She has her own views and refused the second booster unlike myself as she was poorly after the first booster.

She is for the flu jab but not sure what she’ll do tomorrow about the 3rd booster.

Who knows, I might follow her line.

I'm confused, how can she be having the 3rd booster after refusing the second?

40 minutes ago, strichener said:

I'm confused, how can she be having the 3rd booster after refusing the second?

Well, in her case the 2nd booster.

I presume they’re the same. Just that she didn’t take up the offer for the 2nd one.

There’s a lot of controversy over these boosters and everyone needs to make up their own mind.

You need one booster to enter Spain and possibly other countries? Doesn’t seem to matter how long ago it was.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, in her case the 2nd booster.

I presume they’re the same. Just that she didn’t take up the offer for the 2nd one.

There’s a lot of controversy over these boosters and everyone needs to make up their own mind.

You need one booster to enter Spain and possibly other countries? Doesn’t seem to matter how long ago it was.

If you have had only 2 jabs then the second must be less than 270 days ago. If you have had three the date of the last doesn't matter.

Just back from Tenerife. Spain insist masks are mandatory on planes to and from the country but not even the staff wearing them.

In the country itself, most taxi drivers didn’t require masks despite them being mandatory however they were strictly enforced by bus drivers although half of the passengers were lowering them below their nose as soon as they sat down.

15 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I get why in very specific clinical settings masks might need to be worn.

But why do we continually see these morons still wearing them while shopping? It's bizarre because they are often accompanied by an unmasked partner - don't they understand that masks were never about protecting the individual?

Masks were never about protecting other people either. It was all about creating a sense of "Blitz spirit" in the population, to prevent vote-losing despair setting in and to deflect away from the fact that governments were largely powerless to stop the spread.

That spectacular piece of horseshit about "protecting others" came from a bleak period of time when scientific "experts" tried to make us believe that covid was transmitted mainly by large droplets in the face of all evidence which pointed to it being fully airborne. Covid travels on all sizes of moisture particle in the breath. It was as obvious then as it is now and yet they got away with this nonsense anyway. It's quite amazing that they were never brought to task on that by someone simply asking how they thought that a covid virus knew to attach to large droplets but ignore smaller purely airborne moisture particles when both types were freely and abundantly available to it and much bigger than it.  That was the day I started putting the word "expert" in quotes because it was clear they were either incompetent or that they were lying to us for some reason. Quite a few of them will know in their hearts that they are not the great scientists they thought they were and in quiet moments will surely cringe when looking back on all of this.

Mask wearers who believe they work and IMO no more stupid than those "experts".

One day I'll be able to laugh at all of this but it still angers me for the moment. Probably because when a real plague hits and we do need to listen to genuine experts, chances are that nobody will listen to them.

Edited by oaksoft

What a depressing read

Dying patient should have been seen in person

"Pretty much every time my heart beats, I'm getting these pains," David told the nurse.

He was actually due to be seen in person at the GP surgery that day, for the blood tests booked some 19 days earlier, when he had presented with neck lumps.

But - fearing he could have coronavirus, despite a negative PCR test - the nurse cancelled the bloods and asked David to retest for Covid.

In its investigation, NHS England found "the overarching benefit [of this decision] was less than the risk with going ahead with blood tests".