Jump to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)


ICTChris

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

In years gone by it would be proclaimed there "was a bug going round" and left at that. Some people would get, some would avoid it, and life would carry on as normal.

Referring to the virus as it is now as "Covid" is relative nonsense tbh, as it is miles away from OG Covid to the point it's a meaningless comparison.

We called it back in November didn't we while watching the developing situation in South Africa. Many of the doctors and other experts over there quickly realised that this was not as dangerous due to not attacking the respiratory system, it ceased to be a SARS virus in everything but name. It put people in hospital yes but they nearly all recovered quickly (average hospital stay was 3 days). The UK MSM was disgusting, almost as if this would kill us all, projections of approx 25, 000 dead wasn't it  there were claims off?  I remember being gobsmacked when Sturgeon said that we (Scotland) were not looking at data and evidence from other countries.

Yes a few people became ill but overall the biggest crisis during omicron was created by the restrictions, we still haven't recovered from that. Yet part of the solution is staring us in the face or rather being flown to Rwanda, what a waste of a potential resource.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

From nothing more than experience with people from work and friends, we seem to be going through another wave. Seems like loads of folk are getting it and it seems to have worse symptoms than the previous wave around Christmas time but it's certainly nothing worse than the a bad dose of the flu and should be treated the same 

After avoiding it until now I was hit with the Covid hammer on Thursday. Had worked nightshift on Wednesday and felt fine, woke up on Thursday with a thumping sore head, thought nothing of it as it's not that unusual, especially on muggy days like Thursday was.

Ended up taking Thursday night off, and had a dreadful sleep, sweating bullets and aching all over. Been sore ever since.

Tested positive yesterday, which is a pain in the hole as we were supposed to be going away on Monday, a holiday already moved from last October as the daughter had Covid then.

Was expecting the aches and pains, not so much the faecal Jackson Pollocks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

From nothing more than experience with people from work and friends, we seem to be going through another wave. Seems like loads of folk are getting it and it seems to have worse symptoms than the previous wave around Christmas time but it's certainly nothing worse than the a bad dose of the flu and should be treated the same 

Yes- I’ve felt really lousy for the last 5 or 6 days with sore throat, coughs, tight chest but hey- ho, I tend to get that most years around now.
Life goes on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

After avoiding it until now I was hit with the Covid hammer on Thursday. Had worked nightshift on Wednesday and felt fine, woke up on Thursday with a thumping sore head, thought nothing of it as it's not that unusual, especially on muggy days like Thursday was.

Ended up taking Thursday night off, and had a dreadful sleep, sweating bullets and aching all over. Been sore ever since.

Tested positive yesterday, which is a pain in the hole as we were supposed to be going away on Monday, a holiday already moved from last October as the daughter had Covid then.

Was expecting the aches and pains, not so much the faecal Jackson Pollocks.

Why did you get tested?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Why shouldn’t he?

And what’s it go to do with you?

Aye, this. Taking a test because you are feeling like rubbish is fine.

It's completely different to people testing themselves silly when there's hee-haw wrong with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, The Master said:

I just saw on Reporting Scotland that kids with “long covid” were being shoved in front of a camera and paraded before a Holyrood committee. 

Disgusting behaviour. 

I think my favourite thing about long covid is that people who haven't tested positive for covid suffer from it more than people who have tested positive for covid. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

Yes a few people became ill but overall the biggest crisis during omicron was created by the restrictions, we still haven't recovered from that. Yet part of the solution is staring us in the face or rather being flown to Rwanda, what a waste of a potential resource.

I have no idea how the powers that be are going to solve the staffing crisis.

There are clearly large numbers of people genuinely off sick but we have swathes of people undoubtedly taking full advantage of covid and the good weather. I read something today about 1 in 5 care workers being off sick with covid for example. There's just no chance of that being genuine.

Those in charge appear to have almost completely lost control over employees who have now had a taste of working from home and are doing everything to avoid going back to normal. Unions are piling in to take advantage and Brexit has caused staff shortages everywhere that we've not seen in living memory. We could be seeing a permanent change in the way our country works and it's going to be interesting to see what emerges from all of this. For the moment, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping I don't need to have to rely on either public transport or the healthcare system in the short to medium term. If there's ever a time to be as independent as possible and as healthy as possible it's right now.

You have to imagine that if there's another pandemic, the governments will avoid restrictions at all costs, having had their fingers burnt over this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You have to imagine that if there's another pandemic, the governments will avoid restrictions at all costs, having had their fingers burnt over this.

They got their fingers burnt because they lost all sense of perspective, focused on playing to the gallery, and appeared to have had absolutely no consideration for long-term consequences of their actions.

The mess we are in right now was entirely avoidable.

What is completely unsurprising, however, is that the same people who were calling the Tories all sorts for removing restrictions, instead begging for more, are now crying about the Tories not doing more to help them with inflation.

It was clear from very early on that lockdowns and printing money to keep the furlough scheme in place for 18 months would have consequences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Why did you get tested?

Not that it's any of your fucking business, but my mother in law is in the highly vulnerable category. Got LFT kits in the house anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My niece died in her bed at the age of 29. Even after an autopsy, the cause of death was “undetermined”

I know her unexplained death is not isolated. I can see the thousands of non covid excess deaths being reported by the ONS, the NRS and in countries around the world. 
 

The virtue signallers who supported this have those deaths on their hands. They will come to realise what they’ve done over the years to come. 
 

The tragedy is that it will result in huge distrust of the medical profession, the pharmaceutical industry and government which will in itself cause millions more to die. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

The tragedy is that it will result in huge distrust of the medical profession, the pharmaceutical industry and government which will in itself cause millions more to die. 

Well, you're doing your best tbf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

My niece died in her bed at the age of 29. Even after an autopsy, the cause of death was “undetermined

And yet you're linking it to the vaccine?

By what logic?

Other than you being completely unhinged that is.

Edited by oaksoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have no idea how the powers that be are going to solve the staffing crisis.

There are clearly large numbers of people genuinely off sick but we have swathes of people undoubtedly taking full advantage of covid and the good weather. I read something today about 1 in 5 care workers being off sick with covid for example. There's just no chance of that being genuine.

Those in charge appear to have almost completely lost control over employees who have now had a taste of working from home and are doing everything to avoid going back to normal. Unions are piling in to take advantage and Brexit has caused staff shortages everywhere that we've not seen in living memory. We could be seeing a permanent change in the way our country works and it's going to be interesting to see what emerges from all of this. For the moment, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping I don't need to have to rely on either public transport or the healthcare system in the short to medium term. If there's ever a time to be as independent as possible and as healthy as possible it's right now.

You have to imagine that if there's another pandemic, the governments will avoid restrictions at all costs, having had their fingers burnt over this.

Part of the problem was that when the pandemic struck a good number of people lost their jobs or had them put on hold, many of them from Eastern Europe, Poles and Latvians. Many decided especially after Brexit that this was the final straw and that they would be better off heading home and working there. Now we are faced with a workforce shortage and yet the unemployment levels don't add up, they should be much higher. The Government are still trying to figure out where have all these workers have gone, vanished into thin air, they've gone. The rules are strict on those who are still here, they had to prove their immigration status regardless of how long they have lived in this country. EU membership regardless.

So you end up with hard working skilled people who have been here for over two decades having to prove themselves and if they can't they are out even if their children are born here (they can stay). All to please a small minority of voters.

If they want British jobs for British people they are going to have to invest much much more in the young people of this country, get the education system sorted for example stop messing with school exams. If not University or Collage then apprenticeships as a choice, get companies on board. Investment in people regardless of their background.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...