Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Sturgeon said gardening services could still proceed. Not sure how this applies to possible fly by nights? 

Contact local police? 🤷‍♂️

Ah good point - I googled it, and found this on the Scottish Government website:

"We know that for some – self-employed gardeners, window cleaners, or those working in rural areas – where there is no contact – if you can practise safely, then this could be good for the community, but safety and social distancing must come first."

I know you can pay the window cleaner online, so that's ok. But the guys coming to all the doors, that can't be smart.

I'd phone the polis if something were bad enough, but I think this is marginal and I know some folk must be desperate for cash. 

Based on what, though?
It hasn't happened in China, even with people returning to China with the virus.
Surely if there are now new cases after 12 weeks a further 12 weeks is completely unnecessary.
Screenshot_20200330-115718_Opera.thumb.jpg.e9bd6767be0afbb5c64ce80fd4aba6fd.jpg
Screenshot_20200330-115641_Opera.thumb.jpg.56e65205e4e18cc05b5a31975df559fc.jpg
China have only lifted their lockdown in the last few days. It will be a couple of weeks before we see what happens but it will give us a good idea of what to expect.

20 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

What harm does two people going out and one staying in the car do?

What happens if said car breaks down and has to be recovered? What happens if said car is ploughed into on the way home and emergency services have to attend?

Where are all the stories about the mayhem in UK hospitals, line there were in Italy?

Guy I know told me that his 2 neighbours work in intensive care at the hospital in Paisley. They were off at the weekend. Apparently they’ve only got 1 guy in intensive care in paisley with coronavirus. He’s 86, just had a hip replacement and was already in intensive care.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That would be my preference.  Maybe neither of you are married though.

I'm married.  My wife trusts me to be able to buy groceries alone.  I can see why that wouldn't work with you and your good lady right enough!  

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

There is an amazing failure to understand the purpose of the restrictions. Folk are tying themselves in knots.

When I've had to go places in the car - once for work, couple of times for shopping - big kid has come and stayed in the car, just to get out the house. It presents literally zero risk of Covid-19 transmission.

No doubt the Holy Wullnaes will be condemning that. 

But it's about minimising risk.

Every time you go out in the car, you take the risk that you could be t-boned by someone else flying through a red light.

If that happens, and emergency services have to attend, then there's two of you that have to be rescued, not one.

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ah good point - I googled it, and found this on the Scottish Government website:

"We know that for some – self-employed gardeners, window cleaners, or those working in rural areas – where there is no contact – if you can practise safely, then this could be good for the community, but safety and social distancing must come first."

I know you can pay the window cleaner online, so that's ok. But the guys coming to all the doors, that can't be smart.

I'd phone the polis if something were bad enough, but I think this is marginal and I know some folk must be desperate for cash. 

Might be worth checking as some folk have been ripping off old folk during the crisis.

Not sure if you have a local Facebook page or something or even ask local police service on Twitter.

As said previously  go with your instinct I guess?

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What if a truck smashed through the front window of the house and injured the person who had stayed at home instead of going out in the car?

A truck smashing through the front window of a house does not have the same probability as a car, on a road, being involved in an accident.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

What if a truck smashed through the front window of the house and injured the person who had stayed at home instead of going out in the car?

What if a guy in student accommodation goes back to live with his parents and infects them with the virus when he otherwise wouldn’t have had there been no lockdown?

And they in turn infect his grandparents when taking round their shopping? 

46 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Meanwhile in Murica...

In UK

This has been something that has been on my mind and has had me worried, as my granddaughter has dystonic cerebral palsy. If she did get this virus I think she’d struggle, as even a common cold can put her in the sick kids. I’d like to think that they would at least give her the same treatment as anyone else. 

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

What happens if said car breaks down and has to be recovered? What happens if said car is ploughed into on the way home and emergency services have to attend?

You tell me. 

If one of the couple are infected almost certainly both of them are. 

What happens if his elderly wife is out driving herself and has a heart attack and doesn't have her husband there to  take over the wheel or call the emergency services? 

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

But it's about minimising risk.

Every time you go out in the car, you take the risk that you could be t-boned by someone else flying through a red light.

If that happens, and emergency services have to attend, then there's two of you that have to be rescued, not one.

It’s a minimal risk. Government are trying to cut down 75% of personal contact, not 100%.

and in any case, factors that coronavirus is nothing more than a slightly above average flu season.

there shouldn’t be any lockdown! 

What if Granny Danger stayed at home while Margaret went out to the shops and a plane crashed through the roof of the house but everyone miraculously survived only to die 2 weeks later from the COVID-19 they caught off Clive?

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

This has been something that has been on my mind and has had me worried, as my granddaughter has dystonic cerebral palsy. If she did get this virus I think she’d struggle, as even a common cold can put her in the sick kids. I’d like to think that they would at least give her the same treatment as anyone else. 

It will depend how busy the particular hospital is, unfortunately you're granddaughter will be well down the list if it gets scary, sad but true. 

I'm in here for 12 weeks as I didn't want to be competing with healthy 40/50 year old for a ventilator in 2 or 3 weeks, hopefully our demographics stops that scenario in certain areas. 

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

7 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

What if a guy in student accommodation goes back to live with his parents and infects them with the virus when he otherwise wouldn’t have had there been no lockdown?

And they in turn infect his grandparents when taking round their shopping? 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

What if Granny Danger stayed at home while Margaret went out to the shops and a plane crashed through the roof of the house but everyone miraculously survived only to die 2 weeks later from the COVID-19 they caught off Clive?

The verses Alanis Morrisette ditched from "Ironic" are dark as f**k.

16 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

China have only lifted their lockdown in the last few days. It will be a couple of weeks before we see what happens but it will give us a good idea of what to expect.

Fair point.

22 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I've just been furloughed 👩‍🌾👩‍🌾👩‍🌾

I hope you swanned out of there with a Salmond swagger and a huge staff discounted trolley of goodies.