Coronavirus (COVID-19)

But it would just be old folk dying.
The NHS would be massively overwhelmed by folk of ages with the virus. Folk with other conditions will die because the coronavirus patients will be prioritised. That's many thousands of preventable deaths. NHS workers will be dying from exhaustion or the virus overwhelming their exhausted immune systems.
It's really no question here and I'm amazed anyone would think that the first option is in any wood good. Crazy.
6 months of this 'lockdown' isn't great but it's hardly a terrible hardship.

Not sure about that. Ive only had one week with my three year old who has turned into spawn of satan. 6 months would be pretty tough.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Shopping is still an issue as far as I'm concerned - too many still think they need to shop as a couple (or even as a family group).

In the local Asda the other day and two couples (in their 50s or 60s) were blocking the aisle standing having a blether - I genuinely think some of these people are braindead.

Supermarkets should only be allowing only one adult in to do the shop IMHO.

Yip.  When we go shopping only one of us goes in.  Cuts down potential contact by 50%.  It’s one of those things that is so obvious.

Overall I’m hopeful that there will a be sufficient reduction in contact to make a difference even factoring the arsehole element.

35 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This is my norm, and it's fucking annoying.

I have to use Hydrex surgical scrub and alcohol gel twice a day and my finger tips are so fucked it's really frustrating. Nippy and sore in such a small minor way that it just fucks you off.

Nothing seems to stop it. I've tried every hand cream in the bloody shops.

Be better trying the shops that aren't bloody, I think they're the ones with right stuff. 

The thing about sars and the others is that they either were very dangerous but you exhibited symptoms straight away and absolutely had to get admitted to hospital immediately and were put in isolation so it didn't get the chance to spread, or they just weren't as contagious as this. 

This is the perfect storm of being incredibly contagious but also very mild for the majority of people. Unfortunately, its so contagious that in no time at all you're looking at most people having it, most of them unknowingly, and despite it only being severe for a small percentage of people, a small percentage of almost everyone all at once is enough to cripple the health service. 

Edited by madwullie

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yip.  When we go shopping only one of us goes in.  Cuts down potential contact by 50%.  It’s one of those things that is so obvious.

Do you mean you both go out the house, but one person stays in the car?

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Some are. 

What do you propose happens for single parents? 

That's what some people aren't getting, you can't have blanket rules to cover every individual circumstance. Everyone just has to do the most they can to slow down the transmission rate without leaving toddlers on their own to play with matches or elderly relatives to go mad on their own. 

20 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My son got a rollicking yesterday from his mum for getting a lift from his pal - just about es apes with head intact.

He was under no illusions what would happen if he does something stupid like that again.

Hope you locked him in the hut. 

That's what some people aren't getting, you can't have blanket rules to cover every individual circumstance. Everyone just has to do the most they can to slow down the transmission rate without leaving toddlers on their own to play with matches or elderly relatives to go mad on their own. 
Yep.

Informed common sense.

16 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Do you mean you both go out the house, but one person stays in the car?

Possibly one could go out.  In our case my wife doesn’t drive so we could both go out but I’d stay in the car.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Possibly one could go out.  In our case my wife doesn’t drive so we could both go out but I’d stay in the car.

Why do you both need to go out?

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Couldn't you get the shopping then?  

The missus probably doesn't want him just coming back with 3 cases of Rioja. There's no harm, he'll only be in contact with someone he's already living with.