Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Coronavirus breakthrough: Mercedes F1 team develop breathing aid to ease pressure on NHS

A BREATHING aid that can keep coronavirus patients out of intensive care has been created in under a week by mechanical engineers, medics and the Mercedes Formula One team.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1262107/coronavirus-breathing-aid-Mercedes-Formula-One-F1-covid-19-patients-intensive-care-UCL

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/2020/2020-03/formula-1-project-pitlane/

The first one is being sent to Hamilton.

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

South Wales polis taking a fair bit of flak for that, a wee bit of common sense...

Stephen Kinnock is an arsehole.  One of the many politicians who think that the rules are for other people.

54 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They've got mad old biddy Diana Moran doing an exercise class as well, maybe it's a policy to fill the gaps in news with old people.

They're just reminding people what old folk look like before we're all killed.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I notice @ICTChris has not done his usual “has any P&Brs...” thing yet.

I suspect he has locked his wife in the boot on numerous car journeys.

This time next week, the cops will be dealing with car boot based violations much more harshly

Stabbing Martin Scorsese GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

8 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Sneaky Trevor backing Government policy while pretending to be common sense populist man of the people what do the experts know truth sayer.

As soon as the NHS has enough ­ventilators, hazmat suits and testing kits to take control of this epidemic, he must do two things . . .

First, he must release the brake and get the economy going again. Labour will go mad, of course. But we need people back at work, earning a living, keeping firms and High Streets alive.

Then the PM must halt the ghastly new emergency laws which license jobsworth cops to run amok, track dog-walkers by drone, bellow at harmless citizens and urge us to spy on our neighbours.

That's Government policy, take control of the epidemic and step by step open the economy back up. The Government health official yesterday didn't say keep the lock down for 6 months, just that some precautions might have to be kept for that long. Folk will be screaming about the fascist state still recommending we  still wash our hands regularly.

Edited by welshbairn

14 hours ago, philpy said:

Idiot neighbour from 4 doors up's son just got out his car with 2 other lads. None of them stay in the same household. Tell you what, I'm going to end up falling out with some of the neighbours, but I'm past fucking caring. It's down to people to be sensible, but it's not having the desired effect on some c***s. If it's not knocked on the head by the time the letters from the PM are received, there will be phone calls made, or I'll be having a word with the c***s (from a safe distance of course).

image.jpeg.1b4683b9bedbc7dd1e131d2dea0b9838.jpeg

They are saying normal life may not return for 6 months.

Just for arguments sake would you rather 

1. Say fair enough and slog it out for the full time

Or

2. How long to you leave it before you say f**k this, get back to normal the old folk have had their time they can either sit it out or take their chances 

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Or

2. How long to you leave it before you say f**k this, get back to normal the old folk have had their time they can either sit it out or take their chances 

You're willing to let people die rather than sit on your sofa? Wouldn't be for me.

Not gonna lie, I’m a bit concerned about tree house tam. He hasn’t made a post since this one. Hope the big man’s OK. 

Not only hasn't he posted, he hasn't even been online. Hope he's alright. 

I hope he is ok. Does anyone here know him in real life?

Didn’t he say his son actually plays for St Johnstone? I can’t remember who it was unfortunately as they are all nobodies to me. He could be reached out to on twitter etc.

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Or

For about the millionth time, it's not just old folk who are vulnerable to this.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Why have the BBC got a D-Day veteran on the television comparing this to WW2?

The COVID-19 virus has invaded Poland and the low countries.  In fact the whole continent is gone.  Russia saw it as an ally but has been attacked as well.

A sneak attack on Pearl Harbor and now America has declared war on this virus.

In the meantime we have been told to adopt a bulldog spirit.  We fight it on the beaches and all that.

Oh and Sweden is pretty neutral about the whole thing.

Yeah.  I can see the similarities. 

Or
As Welsh bairn said though, no one is saying it looks just like this for 6 months. Normal life will have to be phased back in. You might find yourself living a fairly normal life much sooner than that depending on what pursuits you are into.

Have to imagine stuff like going to the football will be off limits for the entire duration though