Coronavirus (COVID-19)

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I wonder how long it will be before we see a shift in pressure from pro to anti lockdown from the media. No one has any patience these days. Folk will be thinking like the lockdown has ran its course after 2 weeks. Wouldnt be a surprise to see a huge shift in the narrative the second any positive results are released.

The delayed impact will be a factor. People will ignore the message that the effect of the lockdown won't be seen in infection and death numbers for a few weeks. Later this week the death toll will have gone up and the attitude will change to "fūck this, it's not working, might as well go out".

The delayed impact will be a factor. People will ignore the message that the effect of the lockdown won't be seen in infection and death numbers for a few weeks. Later this week the death toll will have gone up and the attitude will change to "fūck this, it's not working, might as well go out".
Yeah I think you are probably right there. People will need little encouragement and dicks like Kavanaugh wont help matters.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Similarly when infection/death rate drops people will think the worst is over and start going out again.

It's inevitable that people are just desperate to get back to normal life. It's very difficult but people need to relax and let this play out.

19 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The COVID-19 completely dominating the news, yet the world hasn't stopped. What else is going on, is there something going on we are not meant to see?

Russia appear to be planning to invade but not much apart from that. 

A Sun reader, I ain't, but I'd say there's more than a grain of truth in that article.
Beware of experts.

Easier on the government to be accused of overreacting than not doing enough, however this story is being orchestrated.

The Brexit narrative seems to be getting ramped up again online with reports of Romanians having BBQs, Muslims praying in groups outside and Germany playing hardball over EU financial relief measures. 

Boris is being lauded as some kind of Churchillian leader at the moment too. 

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Boris is being lauded as some kind of Churchillian leader at the moment too. 

Is he? By who?

His speaches have been more "We will lose loved ones on the beaches, loved ones in the sky - we will surrender to the markets..." 

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Is he? By who?

His speaches have been more "We will lose loved ones on the beaches, loved ones in the sky - we will surrender to the markets..." 

60% of voters according to latest polls...

A Sun reader, I ain't, but I'd say there's more than a grain of truth in that article.
Beware of experts.

Expertise is a good thing, not something to be sceptical of. Especially in times like these.

Might be being wooshed here, though.