Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, Romeo said:

You are losing the plot.

Clam the f**k down.

More measures will be needed as people are acting the c**t.

You’re just repeating a mantra you haven’t a clue about. ‘People are acting the cnut’ so more measures will be needed. Have a word with yourself. What are you basing this on? A party in Derbyshire? Some cars in Strathclyde Park? Sure, ‘scenes’ like that will be happening across the country to some extent. In the grand scheme of things though, scenes of almost deserted city centres and no reports of large scale disobedience would suggest that on the whole, people aren’t being cnuts.

Take your own advice. Calm the fcuk down.

Edited by pozbaird

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

More than 0%

Government advice has not been clear enough and their response has sent mixed messages. I would not blame much of the population for being confused.

Agree. More than 0% of the UK population are not observing the rules, sticking to the rules, deliberately or innocently breaking the rules. I don’t know why the government advice on social distancing measures taken five days ago isn’t clear enough. Amongst many mixed messages and clear as mud instructions they’ve issued - especially regarding who should or shouldn’t be at work, I thought the statement from Boris live on TV five days ago was pretty clear. Some questions about driving, but on the whole a clear enough directive. Maybe to a braindead p***k it wouldn’t matter if Boris had punched them in the face and personally delivered the message by stapling it to their baws, they’d still ignore it or not understand it.

Edited by pozbaird

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Since that first day though? Very quiet. I see no signs of people just going about as normal. Not in the way they shop, not in the way they are living the rest of their lives.

How do you know this?
People are still coming in for their meal deals and away they go. Same old folk coming in for a paper and whatever else ( usually come in for a blether to staff as we may be the only people they speak to).
Tomorrow morning at 8am when the shop opens ( 2 hours later its been changed from), i expect there to be a que outside the shop.
Ive noticed the roads are quiet when i walk to work but when it comes to the car park its fairly busy at certain times but certainly has quietened down.

However a quiet day would be lovely. 

Edited by G_Man1985

29 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

If you are happy being a sheeple 

I prefer to think for myself 

27 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Surely sheeple is plural?

Thinks for himself and can't even get someone else's made up word right. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Of course more people are wanting to go a walk. A lot of these folk have been used to going out to work and having a routine. When that stops  and you’re in your house indefinitely then it makes people go stir crazy. A lot of folk can’t sit still and watch TV all day. Getting outside for something as simple as a walk is a lifeline to them, something to break the monotony 

Nobody is saying don’t go for a walk.  there’s plenty room in the streets for walking.

Parks are by their very nature nice places for walking and hence will attract social gatherings. In the coming 2 weeks we’re going to see the full effect of this covid shite and there is simply no need for folk to be going out specifically to walk in parks or driving to go for walks in parks.  

See also beaches.

It’s mental.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

How do you know this?
People are still coming in for their meal deals and away they go. Same old folk coming in for a paper and whatever else ( usually come in for a blether to staff as we may be the only people they speak to.
Tomorrow morning at 8am when the shop opens ( 2 hours later its been changed from), i expect there to be a que outside the shop.
Ive noticed the roads are quiet when i walk to work but when it comes to the car park its fairly busy at certain times but certainly has quietened down.

However a quiet day would be lovely. 

I can only go by my own experience in Cumbernauld, and my experience is, that the first day aside, the shops here are absolutely quieter than normal, by some considerable distance. I don’t think residents of Cumbernauld are super-duper at staying home or observing social distancing rules better than other places. Maybe we’re just lucky that we are well spread out, with lots and lots of shopping choices that are still open to go around our population. Two Tescos, two M&S, a big Asda, the new Broadwood retail park, plus smaller independent butchers and bakers. I don’t know. Clearly things appear different in different places around Scotland. 

Has anyone else noticed a larger than normal police presence? Pollok park yesterday, which wasn’t overly busy, I saw 2 police on push bikes and 2 on scrambler motorcycles.

Glasgow Green today, I saw 2 different pairs of officers on push bikes. That said, it was really busy with quite a few groups of people.

4 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Has anyone else noticed a larger than normal police presence? Pollok park yesterday, which wasn’t overly busy, I saw 2 police on push bikes and 2 on scrambler motorcycles.

Glasgow Green today, I saw 2 different pairs of officers on push bikes. That said, it was really busy with quite a few groups of people.

Pollok Park one day, Glasgow Green the next?? WTF M74? I have a sensation you’re maybe no taking this ‘once a day’ exercise advice seriously, 

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Pollok Park one day, Glasgow Green the next?? WTF M74? I have a sensation you’re maybe no taking this ‘once a day’ exercise advice seriously, 

Using the Scottish Government’s new MonkmanTrace app’, sure looks like the lad has been getting around.

F2ACB32F-2EDC-4FB8-9FB2-60EB50269B62.jpeg

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Myself and Mrs Monkman walked to Pollok park, round it and then back home. We bumped into our friends, who we spoke to them briefly from a distance of around 2 metres, other than that had no interaction with anyone else. 

Today I went out my flat in Oatlands, ran the 50 or so yards to the bridge and crossed the Clyde into Glasgow Green. I ran round the park and back to my flat, which is bang on 5k. I was out for a little more than 20 minutes and had absolutely zero interaction with anyone else. 

That’s once a day. 

I've just been doing some reading about Sweden. They have had a sharp rise in deaths and cases recently but the "success" of their model (obviously far far too early to come to conclusions about long term efficacy) appears to be that people trust the public authorities and follow advice when given it, rather than looking for ways around it to f**k the system because they don't trust a word the authorities say and think that advice only applies to other people and really means that they can actually just do whatever they want to do. 

Sweden is the largest country in Northern Europe with a population of 10m. Population density is overall low. Generally also a very healthy nation. During the winter months, again generally, Swedes keep themselves to themselves and with the pandemic hitting Europe in January, it is highly likely the infection rates have been very slow. Add to that what you say above about trust, the government and compliance. It is no surprise that the infections are low just now.

However, there could be a bit of luck/timing here. The winter months are ending and that will bring more and more Swedes out of 'hibernation' (for want of a better word). I wouldn't be highlighting Sweden as an example just now as if it takes root in Sweden in the coming weeks/months they could have some problems.

Like everywhere, conditions are different, people are different, governments are different and the virus will spread as it spreads, where it spreads. It's not linear.

It doesn't add a great deal of value comparing these place and curves. It only gives some general guidance, it's how people act that will effect each individual curve.

Eta: noticed after writing this you noted the population dentisty

Myself and Mrs Monkman walked to Pollok park, round it and then back home. We bumped into our friends, who we spoke to them briefly from a distance of around 2 metres, other than that had no interaction with anyone else. 
Today I went out my flat in Oatlands, ran the 50 or so yards to the bridge and crossed the Clyde into Glasgow Green. I ran round the park and back to my flat, which is bang on 5k. I was out for a little more than 20 minutes and had absolutely zero interaction with anyone else. 

That’s once a day. 

Aye nae bother Mo Farah

36 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Yes, I live in a reasonable small village and police are occasionally seen going through in cars, but over the last week they've been going round on their mountain bikes. Definitely more visible.

15 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

That’s once a day. 

A760E023-707F-44BE-B314-129632110224.gif

I can only go by my own experience in Cumbernauld, and my experience is, that the first day aside, the shops here are absolutely quieter than normal, by some considerable distance. I don’t think residents of Cumbernauld are super-duper at staying home or observing social distancing rules better than other places. Maybe we’re just lucky that we are well spread out, with lots and lots of shopping choices that are still open to go around our population. Two Tescos, two M&S, a big Asda, the new Broadwood retail park, plus smaller independent butchers and bakers. I don’t know. Clearly things appear different in different places around Scotland. 
There has been big queues outside the Asda and Tesco up the Town Centre fairly regularly.