Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Don't disagree but I think folk are massively overestimating how many folk actually exercise and how many see it as essential.
I meant like in South Africa where theyre not letting people out to walk their dogs, what are people doing if they have no garden? Surely their dogs need to get out or their houses are going to be fucking rank pretty quick.
There must be a fair amount of people in Scotland who have no garden but own dogs. Not saying it will happen here though.

Guest Moomintroll
Why should it be?
Things have been put in place but people don't care. Staff are getting shouted at because they need to stand outside because so many are allowed in at a time ( this is the customers doing as right now shelves are starting to look like normal again)
So far only one colleague has been assaulted ( pushed to the ground) as the customer barged in. That was when we were only letting NHS staff in between 9am-10am.
It dosn't need to be a "problem" if people just do what they are told to do. We have lines on the shopfloor now to tell people what to do. Quite pathetic but thats how it is
If people aren't doing our job right now they mostly don't understand or care. To paraphrase Trainspotting, It's a shite state of affairs & no amount of temporary pay rises will change that.

Guest Moomintroll
Not at all, the stars had caravans at locations. I was supposed to maintain night security, which obviously means going to sleep as soon as the set managers lackeys pissed off.
Bet you wanked in her pillowcase though, amarite?

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
Why should it be?
Things have been put in place but people don't care. Staff are getting shouted at because they need to stand outside because so many are allowed in at a time ( this is the customers doing as right now shelves are starting to look like normal again)
So far only one colleague has been assaulted ( pushed to the ground) as the customer barged in. That was when we were only letting NHS staff in between 9am-10am.
It dosn't need to be a "problem" if people just do what they are told to do. We have lines on the shopfloor now to tell people what to do. Quite pathetic but thats how it is

If people aren't doing our job right now they mostly don't understand or care. To paraphrase Trainspotting, It's a shite state of affairs & no amount of temporary pay rises will change that.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Posting like mad for having an opinion? Wife stays at home with kids while i work, i do shopping.  
I am not struggling. My wife is safe at home where she should be while this virus is out there. I just got to keep myself safe at work (to the best of my ability) The shop has been quiet so hopefully the panic buying is closing to an end for now but know doubt will pick up again at some point. Sometimes actually feels good getting this off my chest, telling people what its like in a supermarket while people guess whats going on from their house. 

^^^ angling for a national applause type posts IMO 

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Posting like mad for having an opinion? Wife stays at home with kids while i work, i do shopping.  
I am not struggling. My wife is safe at home where she should be while this virus is out there. I just got to keep myself safe at work (to the best of my ability) The shop has been quiet so hopefully the panic buying is closing to an end for now but know doubt will pick up again at some point. Sometimes actually feels good getting this off my chest, telling people what its like in a supermarket while people guess whats going on from their house. 

If it benefits you, batter on, get them telt. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Can you just please f**k the f**k off you twat.

Naw, that's angling for applause. 

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This. All of a sudden folk are desperate to exercise their right to go for a walk in the “local” park that they not doubt haven’t seen for fucking years. 

Go for a walk up your street and back or round the block. That’s plenty.

Of course more people are wanting to go a walk. A lot of these folk have been used to going out to work and having a routine. When that stops  and you’re in your house indefinitely then it makes people go stir crazy. A lot of folk can’t sit still and watch TV all day. Getting outside for something as simple as a walk is a lifeline to them, something to break the monotony 

Edited by Thereisalight..

6 minutes ago, Qos91 said:

I meant like in South Africa where theyre not letting people out to walk their dogs, what are people doing if they have no garden? Surely their dogs need to get out or their houses are going to be fucking rank pretty quick.
There must be a fair amount of people in Scotland who have no garden but own dogs. Not saying it will happen here though.

Ah, get you. Think folk in that situation would just ignore that regulation.

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Shop worker saying her piece on the radio this morning @ 37.30 ish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000gt6p

15 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Can you just please f**k the f**k off you twat.

No, I think I’ll stay to point and laugh at retail workers who whinge about their customers 24/7 anyway but now think that they deserve the Victoria Cross for putting some extra carrots out on the shop floor. 

Guest Moomintroll
No, I think I’ll stay to point and laugh at retail workers who whinge about their customers 24/7 anyway but now think that they deserve the Victoria Cross for putting some extra carrots out on the shop floor. 
We don't, you are still a twat.

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Of course more people are wanting to go a walk. A lot of these folk have been used to going out to work and having a routine. When that stops  and you’re in your house indefinitely then it makes people go stir crazy. A lot of folk can’t sit still and watch TV all day. Getting outside for something as simple as a walk is a lifeline to them, something to break the monotony 

People don't seem to grasps this either, oh theres so many joggers out on the roads they must just be doing it as a GIUY to the rules and using it as a loophole,  theres plenty reason for higher than usual numbers , gyms are shut, sports are suspended where do these folk exercise ? that's before you consider working from home etc , women are hard work to be wih 24 hours a day, sometimes it's healthier to just bugger off for an hour or so.  I think it's more o a case of folk needing to win their fuckin necks in rather than tougher restrictions being needed

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^Doesn't realise we aren't open 24/7 type post 

Coronavirus: Virgin Atlantic asks staff to take eight weeks of ...

I know we’re all in lockdown and it’ll be raising tensions and blood pressures everywhere but f**k me there’s an awful lot of people playing the c**t, being deliberately obtuse and not using common sense.
You know who you are. 

Edited by alta-pete