Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Most of us can only go by personal observation.  I am seeing a significant drop in ‘social interaction’ where I live.  The streets are far quieter, people out walking are for the most part keeping their distance, and most folk seem to be limiting their shopping trips.
There are exceptions, but if the objective is to minimise contact by 50% I think we are well on our way to seeing this happen.

Certainly quieter however distancing people dont really understand still

Some don’t understand, some do and chose to ignore.  Many people both understand and observing.

I stand by my 50%.  Think it’s a fair assumption.

I think the where you exercise bit does need clarified TBF. If you're driving to somewhere to go for a walk and you have a prang on the way, rest assured the insurance will be looking to say it wasn't an essential journey and stiff you on that basis.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

‘They’ didn’t say anything about driving being exercise ‘they’ said don’t drive unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Are you suggesting that each of us should only follow the advice that suits us or that we agree with?

They said exercise is absolutely necessary.

When specifically asked if people can drive for exercise, their answers didn't contain anything you could call a "no". It's absolutely obvious that they're fine with it so long as people don't all go to the same place and don't take the piss. 

Just now, GordonS said:

They said exercise is absolutely necessary.

When specifically asked if people can drive for exercise, their answers didn't contain anything you could call a "no". It's absolutely obvious that they're fine with it so long as people don't all go to the same place and don't take the piss. 

don't go to Peckham

2 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

He says Buckingham palace like Trump says China 

He does also blurt out a homophobic slur. I wouldn’t have had the temperament to be a policeman, or at least one in a first world democracy.

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Fk me man, you're determined to double-down on being wrong.

Which bit of "local" do you not understand? Yes, that means the park nearby. No, it doesn't mean Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan.

The PM IS NOT telling people not to exercise. You know this, because you're not that stupid, but you're going to refuse to acknowledge the point because you're more interested in not losing face on the internet than on being accurate.

Nobody who is respecting social distancing while exercising is putting your life at risk.

Covid-19 is a respiratory disease. If people get it, their chances of staying out of ICU are hugely increased by having a healthy heart and lungs. Do you want to be competing for attention with unfit people if you ever need that care?

If your answer to a small number of people flagrantly flouting the rules is to ban everyone in the country from doing something very important for their health, all I can say is I'm glad you're nowhere near any power.

I know that all these words will have literally no effect on you and you'll just reply with more wrong and irrelevant noise. Please try to resist that urge. 

Why does our Prime Minister need to send out a letter to our entire nation? Because he believes we as a nation are not abiding by what has been said.
Why would i care about losing face? If you ever came on a Dundee thread or anywhere you could clearly see i don't give a f**k. I got grassed on for a post i put on twitter about the people on pie and bovril ( yes snitches everywhere)
I hope people keep healthy, again if you seen the depression thread my mum has been in and out of a mental hospital ( she use to be a senior staff nurse in the cancer unit) for last 18 months. Right now she is struggling like f**k. Why? Because her world has been turned upside down because she needs balance and she needs a routine. So please lets not talk go down that road. 
Social distancing i mentioned earlier was about me working in a supermarket and someone being beside or behind me leaning over to get there essential items. 
Course these words have an effect on me. I am carrying on like normal while the wife is in the house with kids as she has type 1 diabetes ( i go could down the route of my oldest having autism and his routine going all to f**k but there is no need for it).

You do what you got to do. Carry on like normal and do your thing

Edited by G_Man1985

1 hour ago, Qos91 said:

If the lockdown were to get stricter, and nobody was allowed out for exercise or to walk dogs, then what do people do with no garden? Do they live in a house covered in piss and shit just to avoid fines?
I've read that South Africa already have these restrictions in place. Would like to know how that would work.

I don't understand the bit about shit and piss. What are you on about there?

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

Just wait till they pull the alcohol off the supermarket shelves 

A sad indictment of our society that so many folk think getting pished is some great thing and something to boast about, like some on here have done.

57 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

People need out for exercise. If that’s denied to people I can see quite a few folk going  “Jack Nicholson in the Shinning” type crazy

Don't disagree but I think folk are massively overestimating how many folk actually exercise and how many see it as essential.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why does our Prime Minister need to send out a letter to our entire nation? Because he believes we as a nation are not abiding by what has been said.
Why would i care about losing face? If you ever came on a Dundee thread or anywhere you could clearly see i dont give a f**k. I got grassed on for a post i put on twitter about the people on pie and bovril ( yes snitches everywhere)
I hope people keep healthy, again if you seen the depression thread my mum has been in and out of a mental hospital ( she use to be a senior staff nurse in the cancer unit) for last 18 months. Right now she is struggling like f**k. Why? Because her world has been turned upside down because she needs balance and she needs a routine. So please lets not talk go down that road. 
Social distancing i mentioned earlier was about me working in a supermarket and someone being beside or behind me leaning over to get there essential items. 
Course these words have an effect on me. I am carrying on like normal while the wife is in the house with kids as she had type 1 diabetes ( i go could down the route of my oldest having autism and his routine going all to f**k but there is no need for it).

That sounds a tough situation at the best of times. Well done for holding it all together. 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Don't disagree but I think folk are massively overestimating how many folk actually exercise and how many see it as essential.

This. All of a sudden folk are desperate to exercise their right to go for a walk in the “local” park that they not doubt haven’t seen for fucking years. 

Go for a walk up your street and back or round the block. That’s plenty.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

When I worked in London my colleagues were always making me say “Tooting” and “murder” for much accent-based hilarity. Easily amused bunch.

If I had a pound for every time I've been asked to say "There's been a murder" I'd have about £8.00.

Guest Moomintroll
Why would i care about losing face? If you ever came on a Dundee thread or anywhere you could clearly see i dont give a f**k. I got grassed on for a post i put on twitter about the people on pie and bovril ( yes snitches everywhere)
Course these words have an effect on me. I am carrying on like normal while the wife is in the house with kids as she had type 1 diabetes ( i go could down the route of my oldest having autism and his routine going all to f**k but there is no need for it).

It is almost as if when you walk through our doors Covid-19 no longer exists, I am going demented trying to tell people to follow our one way system & keep their distance yet they still come right up to me to ask how much bread & bogrolls they can buy. If I am not infected yet I will be astonished.