Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The later variants of Covid were nowhere near as deadly as the early ones, over 50's/60's will likely still get offered boosters along with their Autumn flu jags.

Is the reason they are nowhere near as dangerous due to vaccination or would they have been less deadly even if we had no vaccine rollout a couple of years back? Genuine question.

1 minute ago, bobbykdy said:

Is the reason they are nowhere near as dangerous due to vaccination or would they have been less deadly even if we had no vaccine rollout a couple of years back? Genuine question.

I don't think vaccination had any effect on the mutation of the virus, it saved a lot of lives though, and reduced the severity of illness for those who were vaccinated, before the virus had mutated into a milder form.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It saved a lot of lives though, and reduced the severity of illness for those who were vaccinated, before the virus had mutated into a milder form.

Very bold claim that, tbh. Do you have something to back that up?

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

image.gif.dbae37146e22abcc629b6907bed6399a.gif

I'm only curious why @welshbairn is so certain because the vaccination roll out started after the Winter wave of 20/21.

Therefore it had no effect on the severity of illness during that wave.

By the time the next "wave" came round in the summer of 2021 it was already clear the virus had mutated into a much milder form.

And that's before you consider the atrocious method for attributing deaths to covid.

If anything Governments should be suing the arse off the vaccine manufacturers to try and recover some of the extraordinary amounts of public money spent on vaccines that made wildly exaggerated claims.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Scottish inquiry kicking off downstairs (no euph) today.

Just had a nod from big Anas Anwar on the way in to the building. 

He whispered "keep pushing" and gave me a knowing wink.

Surprisingly funny and very down to earth. 

If I ever find myself in labour, I'll ask for his advice. 

On 17/07/2023 at 12:15, bobbykdy said:

Anyone heard of anyone being offered a booster jab lately? Nope me neither.

It hasn't just magically gone away, so, was it never that dangerous in the grand scheme or do governments think we are now no longer worth the cost/effort of a booster vaccine? Answers on a postcard.

No to be cynical, but when 96-97% of the population has antibodies to a related form of the COVID virus, vaccinations provide little additional protection to those outwith certain demographics.

On 26/07/2023 at 13:34, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Quite enjoying the comings and goings of milfy lawyer/solicitor/legal types in work at the moment.

Havent seen any widows needing comforted yet but will ping @Sergeant Wilson a DM if one pops up.

I'll  delegate a few to you.

• 3 weeks later...