Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Only really in Auckland. 

Which is the largest city in the country with nearly 30% of the entire population. 

I'm pretty sure they didn't have a single lockdown or mask mandate in the South Island the whole time. 

Where people are outnumbered 1 million to one by sheep. 🤡

What a terrific, no restrictions outcome then!

13 hours ago, Elixir said:

no-bugs-bunny.gif

OK, go easy, posting is ok, but a little I FUCKING KNEW IT, is shite, we were all there chump. 

2nd point - reviling in others unfortunes is never a good look. Never.

3rd. don't come back with school boy shite, I want the Prem de Prem. 

You better be quick, as I've already smeerd the chocolate over the cat. I'm going to eat pussy today!

No fucking way I'm going near my cat nevermind eating, btw he's injured t the moment. 

I took my car for its MOT the other day and they stuck an £8 'Covid cleaning fee' on it. 

My initial seethe was tempered just enough by the nice clean car smell and shiny dash, so I didn't bother complaining, just shook my head in disbelief that this is still a thing.

On 18/01/2023 at 18:43, ICTChris said:

Wrestler dies in car crash. Must be the vax!

Well he probably had a heart attack because of the vaccination, then crashed the car. Fairly basic stuff.

On 19/01/2023 at 09:52, welshbairn said:

Only really in Auckland. My sister came to and from the UK from her home in Nelson in 2020, 2021 and 2022 with no great trouble apart from quarantining when she got back. I'm pretty sure they didn't have a single lockdown or mask mandate in the South Island the whole time. I think you're confusing NZ with Australia.

both islands...both former colonies...both far away...both cut adrift when we joined the EEC...easy mistake to make, imho.

On 20/01/2023 at 09:27, virginton said:

Which is the largest city in the country with nearly 30% of the entire population. 

Where people are outnumbered 1 million to one by sheep. 🤡

What a terrific, no restrictions outcome then!

In the U.K. 1 in 300 people died from Covid.  In N.Z.  1 in 2000.  I know which odds I prefer.

10 hours ago, madmitch said:

In the U.K. 1 in 300 people died from Covid.  In N.Z.  1 in 2000.  I know which odds I prefer.

Back to the "from Covid" vs "with Covid" debate. 

The 1 in 300 number is a nonsense. Higher than NZ no doubt, but the number is dodgy.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

The 1 in 300 number is a nonsense. Higher than NZ no doubt, but the number is dodgy.

Providing both numbers are looking at the same data sets, it’s a fair comparison 

16 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Is it nonsense ? Take the population of the UK (67 million) and divide it by the number of Covid deaths 216,000. See what number you get.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Is it nonsense ? Take the population of the UK (67 million) and divide it by the number of Covid deaths 216,000. See what number you get.

I don't think it's the maths he's doubting, rather the accuracy of the raw numbers.  

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I don't think it's the maths he's doubting, rather the accuracy of the raw numbers.  

Exactly. This was a big question in 2021, when a large proportion of people who died with Covid (but not because of it) were counted as Covid deaths. 

To give an example. A person tests positive for Covid. If he dies in a car accident in the following 28 days, he counts as a Covid death. 

Or to put it another way. If everyone got infected on the same day, then every death for the following 28 days is classed as a Covid death. 

At least, this was the case when this was running riot.