Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

Can someone clarify what this wanky way of typing is all about?

Alternacaps (alternating caps) are used to convey mockery when imitating someone else. They’re the text equivalent of an argument tactic you may remember from the playground: Repeat back what the other person said, but in a slurred and inarticulate way, imitating the speech-motor limitations of someone who is mentally challenged.

Usually this formatting is used when referring to debunked or tired arguments commonly employed by ideological opponents.

Liberals mocking conservatives:

bUt HeR EmAiLs

Conservatives mocking liberals:

sUrElY tHiS wIlL sToP dOnAlD tRuMp

Anyone mocking evolution deniers:

iF wE CaMe FrOm MoNkEyS wHy ArE tHeRe StIlL mOnKeYs?

Someone who works in retail mocking obnoxious customers:

i WaNT tO sPEak tO uR mAnAGer

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Alternacaps (alternating caps) are used to convey mockery when imitating someone else. They’re the text equivalent of an argument tactic you may remember from the playground: Repeat back what the other person said, but in a slurred and inarticulate way, imitating the speech-motor limitations of someone who is mentally challenged.

Usually this formatting is used when referring to debunked or tired arguments commonly employed by ideological opponents.

Liberals mocking conservatives:

bUt HeR EmAiLs

Conservatives mocking liberals:

sUrElY tHiS wIlL sToP dOnAlD tRuMp

Anyone mocking evolution deniers:

iF wE CaMe FrOm MoNkEyS wHy ArE tHeRe StIlL mOnKeYs?

Someone who works in retail mocking obnoxious customers:

i WaNT tO sPEak tO uR mAnAGer

Thanks for the explanation. As I suspected an utter embarrassing thing for supposed adults to engage in  hence why its popular in this thread full of roasters.

8 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Thanks for the explanation. As I suspected an utter embarrassing thing for supposed adults to engage in  hence why its popular in this thread full of roasters.

You're a supposed adult and yet go to bed in West Ham pyjamas. 

Sit down and shut up chump. 

On 13/01/2023 at 18:57, jimmy boo said:

65324bb3906b6865f904a72f8f8a908541-16-sp

On 10/01/2023 at 12:49, Elixir said:

Detournement and his band of crackpots completely in the mud again!

image.thumb.jpeg.6e4fc57bee6563277b16170673892a3c.jpeg

Yep, definitely the vaccines causing the rise in cardiac issues. Definitely won’t have anything to do with folk spending the some of the previous couple years locked up for 23 hours a day with f**k all to do but get pished and eat takeaways since “following the science” concluded that retailers should introduce big queue enabling number limits and one way systems which turned getting decent food from the supermarket a mile down the road into a 4 hour round trip, whilst closing gyms, banning sports, limiting folk to 1 hours exercise a day and enabling GPS to work when they want.

Nope, none of that will have anything to do with a rise in heart problems….

Same with those who *checks notes*.

On 13/01/2023 at 19:06, virginton said:

You're a supposed adult and yet go to bed in West Ham pyjamas. 

Sit down and shut up chump. 

Those pyjamas have more buttons than you have teeth to be fair you stupid jobby-touching imbecile.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Good riddance.

I don't get why she annoys you so much. She used the isolation of New Zealand to close the borders and allow restriction free life for most of New Zealand until vaccination reached enough of the population, then opened up again. Where did she go wrong? They ended up with a fraction of covid deaths compared to the UK or even Sweden.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get why she annoys you so much. She used the isolation of New Zealand to close the borders and allow restriction free life for most of New Zealand until vaccination reached enough of the population, then opened up again. Where did she go wrong? They ended up with a fraction of covid deaths compared to the UK or even Sweden.

Expect a response with a "W" or "L" in it. 

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

But at some cost to normal life!

Was it worth it?

I say NO.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Restriction free life? Except for the regular lockdowns and banning NZ citizens from entering their own country you mean?

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Restriction free life? Except for the regular lockdowns and banning NZ citizens from entering their own country you mean?

Only really in Auckland. My sister came to and from the UK from her home in Nelson in 2020, 2021 and 2022 with no great trouble apart from quarantining when she got back. I'm pretty sure they didn't have a single lockdown or mask mandate in the South Island the whole time. I think you're confusing NZ with Australia.

Plus its a job to read it in the first place.