Jump to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)


ICTChris

Recommended Posts

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Tiny modifications to our behaviour won't hurt that much surely?

Doing so sounds worth it to me if it helps others emerge from fears.  Just because such fears seem irrational, doesn't mean they must remain trapped within them forever, does it?  Can't the rest of us help out here with a wee bit of tolerance?

It's really not my responsibility to look out for a wee badge before deciding if i can stand somewhere when im out and about.

If you don't want people to be close to you, avoid crowds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Tiny modifications to our behaviour won't hurt that much surely?

Doing so sounds worth it to me if it helps others emerge from fears.  Just because such fears seem irrational, doesn't mean they must remain trapped within them forever, does it?  Can't the rest of us help out here with a wee bit of tolerance?

21 months of tolerating mass hysteria and terrifying people is already 21 months more than enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Who's trying to score points?

I'm just happy to highlight nonsense, whether cunningly hidden or wearing the loudest costume imaginable.

I'm sure we are capable of deciding what is and what is not nonsense all by ourselves without any help.

Going by this it looks like you need to be seen 'to care more' about nonsense posts than anyone else on here. You seem to have taken on a similar role to the Scottish Government in deciding what is right and what is wrong for us. On here you are the equivalent of the Scottish Government., but without the votes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's really not my responsibility to look out for a wee badge before deciding if i can stand somewhere when im out and about.

If you don't want people to be close to you, avoid crowds.

I don't think anyone's calling for detective work on your part here to search for the badge.

If you see one, would it not be at all possible to just be a bit... you know, er, nice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

It's really not my responsibility to look out for a wee badge before deciding if i can stand somewhere when im out and about.

If you don't want people to be close to you, avoid crowds.

Yeah, I mean I dont deliberately get close to people anyway, its only where such things happen naturally. And, tbh, if Scotgov would prefer to continue feeding their politicisation of the dying embers of this pandemic by coming away with this sort of thing rather than telling people that actually, theres no need to be scared of the virus anymore easing their fears that way, I reserve the right to opt out. If someone finds themselves in a situation where they are too close to me for comfort, they can say so and I may well help accomodate them but for the huge majority, its likely they are scared because they havent yet been told otherwise OR they are trying to make points on behalf of Nicola. Those who are at still a genuine and high risk from covid should be coming up with a plan with their doctor and of course, their workplaces etc should accomodate them etc, but that will be a smaller number of people than end up with these daft wee badges. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Glennie said:

masks are a small part of the whole panto, and so a small part of the reason for dissent

these psychos get away with what they can depending on public opinion, the amount (lack) of dissent

No I thought it was because he made a dangerous enemy of a former advisor who grassed him up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think anyone's calling for detective work on your part here to search for the badge.

If you see one, would it not be at all possible to just be a bit... you know, er, nice?

Since this was posting as I posted my last, I should add, this is what most of us would do pre-covid. You only get really close to folk when you have to. In that scenario, its unlikely that I can do much more than im already doing, and so you should consider whether its appropriate for you to be there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Drawing attention to not wanting to be close to people when you're in a place where people are isn't emerging or dealing with fear, it's prolonging it. 

Not if the alternative is staying in the house.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Since this was posting as I posted my last, I should add, this is what most of us would do pre-covid. You only get really close to folk when you have to. In that scenario, its unlikely that I can do much more than im already doing, and so you should consider whether its appropriate for you to be there. 

I actually can't imagine these badges being a big feature, certainly not for very long.

In a scenario such as a supermarket though, if you see an old dear in the aisle wearing one, you'll have the decency to steer a bit consciously clear though, won't you?

You'll not know whether she's got a particular vulnerability, or is just a bit irrationally fearful.  I know you're not actually a b*****d Bairnardo, so all I'm saying is that it's surely fine for all of us to treat such a person with kindness and care.

If a badge helps all but the truly deranged to do so, surely that's good?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Tiny modifications to our behaviour won't hurt that much surely?

Doing so sounds worth it to me if it helps others emerge from fears.  Just because such fears seem irrational, doesn't mean they must remain trapped within them forever, does it?  Can't the rest of us help out here with a wee bit of tolerance?

Pandering to people's fears isn't going to help anyone emerge from anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I actually can't imagine these badges being a big feature, certainly not for very long.

In a scenario such as a supermarket though, if you see an old dear in the aisle wearing one, you'll have the decency to steer a bit consciously clear though, won't you?

You'll not know whether she's got a particular vulnerability, or is just a bit irrationally fearful.  I know you're not actually a b*****d Bairnardo, so all I'm saying is that it's surely fine for all of us to treat such a person with kindness and care.

If a badge helps all but the truly deranged to do so, surely that's good?

Yeah but as I said, I give folk space in the supermarket etc anyway, and did so pre covid, because being a space invader is and always has been socially unacceptable. 

 

But if im stood at a crowded bar and someone approaches waving their badge about like fucking Moses trying to part the sea (appreciate that this may be unlikely to happen but its a descriptor for the possible difference in scenarios) i'd be telling them that this probably isn't the time or place for that. 

Edited by Bairnardo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think anyone's calling for detective work on your part here to search for the badge.

If you see one, would it not be at all possible to just be a bit... you know, er, nice?

'being nice' has fueled utter hysteria and fear, so no

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Glennie said:

21 months of tolerating mass hysteria and terrifying people is already 21 months more than enough

I've yet to meet anyone hysterical about all this, quite a few people who are too used to it and conditioned yes, but not terrified.

Most people are just fed up.

The news of a new sub variant in South Africa last night if that reaches the mainstream media and they start their bullshit hysteria again, there will be some hysteria from me, I've had enough of this. Newspaper arseholes doing this to people again and again. Politicians being held accountable for twisting and using COVID data for their own gain, why not the mainstream media?

Hopefully these media outlets will return to their growing irrelevance as they were 2019 and disappear into a black hole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Tiny modifications to our behaviour won't hurt that much surely?

Doing so sounds worth it to me if it helps others emerge from fears.  Just because such fears seem irrational, doesn't mean they must remain trapped within them forever, does it?  Can't the rest of us help out here with a wee bit of tolerance?

No. The request is unreasonable and disproportionate. And it’s not really a request. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah but as I said, I give folk space in the supermarket etc anyway, and did so pre covid, because being a space invader is and always has been socially unacceptable. 

Yes, but can't you make more of a point of it with this old dear?  Wouldn't you hope others would too?

For her?

Edited by Monkey Tennis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

No I thought it was because he made a dangerous enemy of a former advisor who grassed him up.

he's part of the dissent. overall, enough people are getting tired this hysterical panto for it to have an effect on bojos govt

enough people say 'enough' and this shit winds down, what are you waiting for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...