Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Had my first confirmed shot of covid this week. 

Meh. It's annoying, that's for sure, and being unable to taste is a crippling blow. I need this to return before offering confirmation that covid is indeed, a bit shan. 

My sister caught covid in June 2021. Taste still not returned...

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Hoping the Chinese have vaccinated enough of their over eighties before the shit really hits the fan!

But they wear masks and have a tonne of other theatre measures, so I'm sure that will stop it spreading like wildfire. 🥴

Oh wait, no, it's already spreading like wildfire. There must have been a mask malfunction. 🤪

On 14/12/2022 at 13:47, Suspect Device said:

On 14/12/2022 at 18:52, virginton said:

Book sales must be disappointing the Christmas target. 

She is absolutely repulsive. Does she think people would just forget what she was saying for two whole years?

Apparently China just realised, a year after it was pretty obvious to everyone, that Omicron really isn't worth worrying about and should be treated as normal flu or a cold.

Bizarre that it's newsworthy to report people are '"feeling sick". I must have missed the STV news crew knocking on my door when I missed a couple of days work last week with a nasty cold.

I can report that Thailand is still all masked up, except me and my 2 younger kids it seems.

1st July, the government dropped the mandatory wearing, nothing changed.  Then again put a statement out on 1st Nov, nothing changed.  Folk are completely brainwashed.  We still have people on TV wearing them, news readers for a starting point. In the studio.

I was a museum  the other week with my 2 wee ones.  We had to sign in and get our temperature taken at the front door. Never done anything like this from July.

As we started our tour someone came running up to us and asked to put a mask on.  I told them we don't have, she just walked away....about 30sec later a security officer started following us for the rest of the tour...at the end I turned run and asked him 'Was that fun?'  

There was no other people in the museum apart from me and the 2 kids.😀

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I can report that Thailand is still all masked up, except me and my 2 younger kids it seems.

1st July, the government dropped the mandatory wearing, nothing changed.  Then again put a statement out on 1st Nov, nothing changed.  Folk are completely brainwashed.  We still have people on TV wearing them, news readers for a starting point. In the studio.

I was a museum  the other week with my 2 wee ones.  We had to sign in and get our temperature taken at the front door. Never done anything like this from July.

As we started our tour someone came running up to us and asked to put a mask on.  I told them we don't have, she just walked away....about 30sec later a security officer started following us for the rest of the tour...at the end I turned run and asked him 'Was that fun?'  

I think Asian countries are just doing away with human faces being a thing from now on, tbh.

On 16/12/2022 at 10:18, scottsdad said:

My sister caught covid in June 2021. Taste still not returned...

My d-i-l caught it in June 2020, taste still not back. And she's had it another twice since then.

I got it at the beginning of October for the first time, tbh it wasn't as bad as some colds I've had before now. Rough nose/throat and really tired for a couple of days but that was it.

On 17/12/2022 at 07:03, SlipperyP said:

124364300_eb7945f3f4_b.jpg

I am completely recovered from Covid, was just really tired for a few days, had a fever for less than a day.

One thing that has lingered is that I keep getting the smell of cigarette smoke, like when someone smoking walks past you in the street.  It's really odd and apparently has been reported in people who have had Covid.  What a strange thing.

Quite incredibly, my dentist still has the waiting room closed, and won't let you in the building without standing at the door and phoning them. Ideal when it's winter, your appointment is at 2, they have lunch 1-2, and the reception is unmanned as a result.

It's so out of kilter with everywhere else, including the doctor's I was in yesterday which was functioning 100% normally.

43 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Quite incredibly, my dentist still has the waiting room closed, and won't let you in the building without standing at the door and phoning them. Ideal when it's winter, your appointment is at 2, they have lunch 1-2, and the reception is unmanned as a result.

It's so out of kilter with everywhere else, including the doctor's I was in yesterday which was functioning 100% normally.

Out of kilter with my dentist. We're allowed in. 

On 17/12/2022 at 14:55, Elixir said:

I think Asian countries are just doing away with human faces being a thing from now on, tbh.

I have also noticed that more often than not it is an asian person who is the occasional mask wearer in public over here
A question for the P&Bers in Asia, 

are people there that much more worried about getting sick or is it more a case of collective societal pressure and no one wanting to be “ that “ person who doesn’t wear their mask?

or something else?