Coronavirus (COVID-19)

"Exam pass rate" is a bit misleading given there were no exams.
Criticism of teachers overestimating their pupils' academic abilities justified then.
It was always going to be the case.

Continuous assessment to judge ability and performance based on a final exam are not the same thing.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It was always going to be the case.

Continuous assessment to judge ability and performance based on a final exam are not the same thing.

I'm not disagreeing with that. But the defence of the ridiculous grades handed out over the last two years was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Looks like New Zealand's virtue signalling princess is rapidly falling out of favour as the country struggles to recover from her pandemic restrictions.

Jacinda Ardern under pressure as approval rating slumps to record low (msn.com)

Pleasing. Folk in New Zealand having to find a new national identity after their covid one.

I note the current 7 day average has fallen below the rate before the previous wave, and are, in fact, now at the lowest rate since April 2021.

I await the 'experts' explaining how this has happened without any of the protections they claimed would need to be reinstated being put in place.

Can i declare it's over. Our Government as from 1st Oct, have said f**k this shite (nothing to do with elections). Game over, will be treated the same as Flu & Dengy fever. It's over.

I'm still the only madman not wearing a mask. 

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Can i declare it's over. Our Government as from 1st Oct, have said f**k this shite (nothing to do with elections). Game over, will be treated the same as Flu & Dengy fever. It's over.

I'm still the only madman not wearing a mask. 

Whats most peoples thoughts on it there? are they shit scared like it's certain death or do they have a more nonchalant attitude that we have adopted?  

4 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Whats most peoples thoughts on it there? are they shit scared like it's certain death or do they have a more nonchalant attitude that we have adopted?  

We/ve never had the death attitude, however if catch it you have to (must) stay in hospital until you are tested clear. Thats the bumber. 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

How many engineers usually work in an office?

Yeah, you'd have to assume that a significant percentage of engineers will have to be more hands on.  I guess that there are some engineering sectors that could be done remotely though.  

Healthcare as well - obviously nurses and doctors can't really work from home but I know a few people who work in healthcare research and they have worked from home throughout.

On 14/08/2022 at 00:54, Lyle Lanley said:

Would be ignored if masks were bought back. 

Agreed. I think everyone has decided Covid is finished. I have been out and about a fair bit last couple of weeks, pubs, gigs, comedy etc - as you know Edinburgh is rammed.

The only people I have seen masked are Asian tourists, they are still walking about in the fresh air with them too.................its back to what it was like in 2019 pre pandemic (thank f**k).

eta, still a few oldsters wearing in supermarkets but getting less and less