Coronavirus (COVID-19)

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

...or indeed the 5G mast 'theory' which was actually believed at the time by countless, utter mentalists.  

I still think the 5G stuff conspiracy theory was astroturfed to delegitimise genuine arguments against 5G.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

What if someone said that covid was delivered to earth by 30 foot tall purple aliens who personally infected people by kissing them on the forehead? Would that still not be "100% wrong"?

Only if you could prove 100% where it did come from and therefore negate that theory.  Until then, there’s still a chance.

On the subject of doom mongers, there's a surprising mindset of those who seem alarmed that society is still stuck in pandemic mode, it isnt

Hate to do this but, was in tesco today and asda yestarday, both were quite busy, you are now down to only a handfull of individuals wearing masks, perhaps less than 10 people. i've got a funny feeling that DPB was talking pish when he claimed that it was near 50 % last week

I was in Germany the other day, and was (pleasantly) surprised by the fact pretty much no-one wore a mask. I was under the impression they still required them indoors and in public transport.

Only if you could prove 100% where it did come from and therefore negate that theory.  Until then, there’s still a chance.

So you're suggesting there's a possibility that 30 foot purple aliens descended on earth and kissed people on the forehead over 500 million times and nobody noticed. That's a genuine thing we can't say is 100% wrong?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

So you're suggesting there's a possibility that 30 foot purple aliens descended on earth and kissed people on the forehead over 500 million times and nobody noticed. That's a genuine thing we can't say is 100% wrong?

I suggested nothing of the sort.  You put it out there.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It depends how pedantic you want to be.

I'm feeling good today so my pedantry bar is set very high tonight. 😆

Logically we cannot say it's 100% wrong because we can't prove it didn't happen.

BTW, there are people who spend their entire careers arguing over points of logic like this. Doesn't seem to be a fun way to earn a living but there you go...

But you have no actual proof…

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I can't recall watching that episode of What If...?

Bit of a shitfest happening here now.

Masks are not mandatory, 'but everyone should still wear them'.   Not sure what their trying to say here.

State of Emergency has been extended for the 19th time until 30th Sept.  This is to keep us all safe.  Reality is, that the Junta Government are shite scare that demonstrations will start as soon as it stops.

Some health 'general' stood up yesterday and said 2.084 new covid positives, BUT that's not the real number, it's more like 29,000 per day, however, nobody is telling us! WTF.  

Also a sly dig at the dirty foreigners, bringing it in, once we let them arrive without testing. 

The thousands of non Covid excess deaths currently occurring is now beginning to reach the msm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10994179/Lockdowns-killing-1-000-people-week-Excess-deaths-England-Wales.html

But, despite the lengthy article, it fails to even mention the huge elephant in the room….

Aside from all the people it’s killing, one of the great tragedies of the covid vaccines is that, once the narrative crumbles and what has happened is accepted common knowledge, there will be a huge drop in folk letting their kids get *actual* vaccines that are *actually* safe and *actually work*

It’ll also be interesting to see this thread turn. The vast majority on here were pro lockdowns. Some imbeciles, like @oaksoft , were zero covid supporters back in 2020. But they slowly turned and now pretend that they knew that lockdowns and masks didn’t work all along……

23 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

The thousands of non Covid excess deaths currently occurring is now beginning to reach the msm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10994179/Lockdowns-killing-1-000-people-week-Excess-deaths-England-Wales.html

But, despite the lengthy article, it fails to even mention the huge elephant in the room….

Aside from all the people it’s killing, one of the great tragedies of the covid vaccines is that, once the narrative crumbles and what has happened is accepted common knowledge, there will be a huge drop in folk letting their kids get *actual* vaccines that are *actually* safe and *actually work*

It’ll also be interesting to see this thread turn. The vast majority on here were pro lockdowns. Some imbeciles, like @oaksoft , were zero covid supporters back in 2020. But they slowly turned and now pretend that they knew that lockdowns and masks didn’t work all along……

Frustrated World Cup GIF

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have never been zero covid.

I have never supported masks. Not even temporarily.

I did briefly accept that a temporary lockdown might help. But I've never denied that. So you've got half of one point correct.

You appear to be on the sherry again. 🤣

^ exhibit A

This imbecile supported zero covid on b&w army in 2020

he didn’t just support it, he was a zealot

now he pretends he didn’t

we both know you did @oaksoft 😂😉

This very thread was virtually 99.99% pro lockdown from the start
i was banned several occasions for arguing against, no-one backed me
Oaksoft took great delight in those bans. He fully supported lockdowns 
Own the damage [mention=8416]oaksoft[/mention] [emoji6]
Initial lockdown seriously reduced the spread of a very deadly strain of covid.

13 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:
15 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:
This very thread was virtually 99.99% pro lockdown from the start
i was banned several occasions for arguing against, no-one backed me
Oaksoft took great delight in those bans. He fully supported lockdowns 
Own the damage [mention=8416]oaksoft[/mention] emoji6.png

Initial lockdown seriously reduced the spread of a very deadly strain of covid.

^^^ and there are those who still attempt to justify it - despite all the millions who died then, since, the millions plunged into poverty and the decades of damage to come

Your virtue, their deaths 

It’s funny how folk don’t realise the damage that what *they* supported  had caused, the deaths that occurred under those policies and the deaths and poverty that continues

Own what you supported

your virtue, their deaths, their poverty, their misery

It’s all on the western middle class left 

image.png

17 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Bit of a shitfest happening here now.

Masks are not mandatory, 'but everyone should still wear them'.   Not sure what their trying to say here.

State of Emergency has been extended for the 19th time until 30th Sept.  This is to keep us all safe.  Reality is, that the Junta Government are shite scare that demonstrations will start as soon as it stops.

Some health 'general' stood up yesterday and said 2.084 new covid positives, BUT that's not the real number, it's more like 29,000 per day, however, nobody is telling us! WTF.  

Also a sly dig at the dirty foreigners, bringing it in, once we let them arrive without testing. 

I'm back out mid September, is there any talk of reintroducing the Thai pass guff and mandatory insurance? Thailand will obviously get spikes from tourist, especially from UK as it's pretty much endemic here now but it's quite noticeable that keeping the state of emergency in place till the end of September (end of low season) is a good excuse for the govt. to keep an angry population in check.