Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I have no idea what relevance any of that has towards the discussion at hand? I haven’t seen a mask in weeks anywhere, it’s great. But the facts being discussed can’t really be disputed, we are recovering worse than our neighbours with regards to people shopping in person. It seems fairly straightforward that a key reason for that could be that our government took significantly longer to remove barriers to getting back out, and into normality, and had messaging that actively pushed caution, which was very different to how the better performing neighbours acted.

That's one theory, I'm going with one of the unhealthiest regions in Europe getting addicted to internet shopping out of pure laziness.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's one theory, I'm going with one of the unhealthiest regions in Europe getting addicted to internet shopping out of pure laziness.

I’m not surprised you’re going for that theory. Nothing if not consistent.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m not surprised you’re going for that theory. Nothing if not consistent.

Well we've got zero evidence either way from the footfall data, so I'll say the same for you. 

Underlining that Covid is now an endemic nothingburger. No wonder the Diet SAGE freaks have moved onto monkeypox. They'd still have us like China if it was up to them, though.

Meanwhile, the disastrous policy that was 'lockdown' laid bare:

On 07/06/2022 at 20:05, Elixir said:

Meanwhile, the disastrous policy that was 'lockdown' laid bare:

and it looks like noone is going to be held responsible for that nor the consequences

biggest intentional self harm in modern history and its sweep sweep all round

On 03/06/2022 at 13:41, welshbairn said:

I've been in 2 cafes, 3 shops, a coach, a ferry and a pub today and saw one person wearing a mask, the guy checking tickets for the ferry. I don't think we're a nation in terror.

Sadly, I have to disagree.

Wife and I were in Morrisons on Monday and about 50% were masked.

Maybe your area is a bit more enlightened.

Also was in GP surgery yesterday and everyone masked, apart from myself. Plus, seating in waiting room was at least 2metres apart.

The place was deserted.

Its really time now to get back to normal.

That's the wife went down (steady!!) Was feeling crap last Thursday, got worse at the weekend. Took until Monday for a LFT to come back positive.  I've been sleeping on the sofa, although my suggestion of making it permanent wasn't very well received 😂

Read a dissertation this week that looked at plastic waste in the ocean. The next big thing killing sea life is face masks. Even the "paper" blue ones are made of non degradable plastic. I already posted about the penguin, expect more. 

26 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Read a dissertation this week that looked at plastic waste in the ocean. The next big thing killing sea life is face masks. Even the "paper" blue ones are made of non degradable plastic. I already posted about the penguin, expect more. 

Bet NS doesn't include them in her single use plastic ban though.

Given the recent vilification of anything disposable and plastic, the amount wasted on LFTs and the like is an absolute disgrace.

More virtue signalling pish that is conveniently forgotten about when it no longer suits the narrative.

13 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

What an odd little man you are

I'm actually extremely tall and I will never stop celebrating the fact that the utter psychos who wanted a permanent altering of our society for their own grift lost spectularly. Unlucky you total weed. greggy.png

14 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'm actually extremely tall and I will never stop celebrating the fact that the utter psychos who wanted a permanent altering of our society for their own grift lost spectularly. Unlucky you total weed. greggy.png

Everyone else has moved on and enjoying life whereas you're still trawling the Internet for stories about countries struggling with Covid. You clearly cannot let it go. 

Also, "you total weed"? Dearie me 

36 minutes ago, Elixir said:

There's only one utter psycho left in this thread and he's cheering on lockdowns and deaths in China. Get on with your life man.

43 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Had my 5th vaccine today. 

Still not caught covid to my knowledge.

There's a 5th vaccine?! Ridiculous, what a waste of time and resources.

Personally, having had 4 doses and still caught it, i'll not be bothering with any more.

Edited by Todd_is_God