Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I know someone who went to a Van Morrison gig and he sang with his back to the audience for the entire thing.

Is that the Ironworks gig where he took the huff at people talking to each other at the bar, or am I getting him confused with somebody else?

7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Is that the Ironworks gig where he took the huff at people talking to each other at the bar, or am I getting him confused with somebody else?

There were two and I was at the second night.

Whilst I recall the delight of being in the room with Chris Barbour playing, there was nothing Morrison did that was upsetting. As I type, I think I recall that the bar was closed and there may have been restrictions in using the facilities. It was so packed that moving was a difficult thing anyway.

6 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Well shit...just tested positive. Oh well, I still get paid for my weekend shifts.

Got the dreaded two lines myself there, although I was away for a week in Croatia and had all the symptoms apart from the taste and smell thing. If anything been eating and enjoying my food more. Thank the lord for the vaccines though or this would of been brutal I imagine.

46 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe down to the constant scaremongering from the SG.

Even yet, I still see people masking up in shops and out in the open.

Weird!!

So you’ve seen people in shops.

Excellent and absolutely no contribution to the footfall stats then.

47 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Feels like you’re clutching at straws a wee bit to try to deflect any blame from the SG, but okay.

I've been in 2 cafes, 3 shops, a coach, a ferry and a pub today and saw one person wearing a mask, the guy checking tickets for the ferry. I don't think we're a nation in terror.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've been in 2 cafes, 3 shops, a coach, a ferry and a pub today and saw one person wearing a mask, the guy checking tickets for the ferry. I don't think we're a nation in terror.

I have no idea what relevance any of that has towards the discussion at hand? I haven’t seen a mask in weeks anywhere, it’s great. But the facts being discussed can’t really be disputed, we are recovering worse than our neighbours with regards to people shopping in person. It seems fairly straightforward that a key reason for that could be that our government took significantly longer to remove barriers to getting back out, and into normality, and had messaging that actively pushed caution, which was very different to how the better performing neighbours acted.