Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Not even that good, just really poor sea-lioning.

ETA; sea-lioning is actually a thing, not something Chris Morris made up; I can see that that could read as a continuation rather than an assertion.

I like this that I found when I first had to google the meaning.

a5b.png

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:
Can you provide any evidence to back this post up?

Tbf, your incessant copy and pasting of random TL;DR internet shite is likely what you would class as evidence, and certainly something we could all do without more of.

No, I’m not providing evidence at all. What would I be providing evidence of?

I’m not supporting the lockdown!

Can you provide any evidence as to why the entire healthy population needs to be locked down rather than just the vulnerable?

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

No, I’m not providing evidence at all. What would I be providing evidence of?

I’m not supporting the lockdown!

Can you provide any evidence as to why the entire healthy population needs to be locked down rather than just the vulnerable?

So the health service isn't swamped with "healthy" people who still need intensive care to get better.

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

That’s because you are one of the compliant sheeple, happy to be placed under a fascist police state for no real reason 

No, it's because I did a very bad thing many moons ago, resulting in having no parents. I'm sure someone else can tell you all about it.

I therefore thought the rest of your drivel would not be relevant to me.

31 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Yeah I did wonder whether I should have ordered anything online, tbh, but my wife has Crohns and catches infections fairly easily anyway, while I can be bad for not really getting symptoms until an illness is in full flow, so I'm a bit terrified I pass it on to her and it gets serious. 

I went to my local Tesco last week and could barely buy anything, while nobody was keeping their distance, so ordering one batch online, which will likely take us through the next two weeks, was the best option for us. Alternative is me going to the shops every few days to top up.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I'm stuck in the hoose 23 hours a day with a newborn and two disabled kids with autism because folk are arseholes who couldn't stay out of the pub when told not to. You've literally got the health service telling folk not to drive places for exercise, for the reasons saying above, and then folk like you are coming out with twattish shite saying "a few individuals driving around to get exercise is fine".

I haven't heard anyone say so officially, and I've heard at least one person in authority say the opposite. Can I ask where you've got that from?

This is why we're all having to stay in the hoose,

We don't, the health authorities are all very clear that everyone should be getting exercise. It's not a good idea for folk to catch a serious respiratory disease after weeks or months of inactivity.

If you're going to be angry, could you at least make sure you're right first?

13 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Not even that good, just really poor sea-lioning.

ETA; sea-lioning is actually a thing, not something Chris Morris made up; I can see that that could read as a continuation rather than an assertion.

I was perturbed to see it linked to the 'Gish gallop' which is what I thought was what you do after getting off the bus coming back from an away game.

2 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Just seen that Diggers pub has a sign up saying no toilet roll or soap are held on the premises and it seems like they're being serious. 

Well they can certainly forget about my custom.

As a responsible citizen I wont be frequenting any pubs where I cant wash my hands. Own goal from them I'd say

Edited by Bairnardo

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

He's always like this.

I don't understand why people engage with obvious zoomers.

Aye, there's no point. Any response is ignored with no contrary argument or refuting data. It's like a child constantly repeating "but why?".

Edited by welshbairn