Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 29/04/2022 at 14:17, oaksoft said:

You've made an excellent case for euthanasia right there.

What you've described is no civilised way to treat a human being.

Honestly, f**k all of that. When I decide I'm done, that'll be it.

We get it.  You're spectacularly, desperately independent and self possessed.

It's why you're an arrogant, swaggering walloper.

You are doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing.
You are picking your side and parroting their views.
The difference is, you are presenting yourself as the voice of reason.

Am I feck doing exactly the same.

I've offered other alternatives while saying that the original point possibly had merit and got shot down by you and Elixir.

I'll state right now I think there's a fair chance it is the cause but there are other possibilities and to ignore them to push your agenda is pretty poor form to be honest.

Can you categorically state that it is definitely lockdown that has caused the recent outbreak of hepatitis?
Is it not possible that it has nothing to do with the lockdown itself and there is something else at play.
Is it not possible the there is genomic sharing between Covid and whatever adenovirus seems to be the culprit here, given that RNA viruses are known to actually do this?

On 19/04/2022 at 14:59, oaksoft said:

I can't find anything which says that this is still a law.

Are they actually trying to claim that they'll deny medical treatment if you turn up without one?

My GP surgery does that - no mask, no entry. I've been there when it's been enforced.

On 24/04/2022 at 21:39, Clown Job said:

I was out on the bike earlier.

Roasting day, passed a few people out doing the Kiltwalk one of them was wearing a mask

All I could think was how uncomfortable must that be, you’re outside doing a 20 mile walk wearing a mask

If I'm wearing a mask in a shop etc, it comes off as soon as I reach the front door.

On 27/04/2022 at 14:52, 101 said:

They have already been found to have acted unlawfully in the handling of Covid contracts. Absolutely no one (of any importance) is going to be facing and kind of punishment for their actions.

There

On 28/04/2022 at 20:17, Michael W said:

I still have to book a slot to go to the dump here (England). I emailed asking why and pointing out there were no covid restrictions and was told that 'due to positive feedback', there are no plans to revert back to the way it was, i.e. just turn up. 

A total nonsense in my view. 

That seems ludicrous. I just turn up at our Civic Amenity Recycling Facilty (ies - dump indeed!) whenever we have anything needing disposed off. If I had to book a slot everything would go in the bins, tbh.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Then, that surgery is risking serious trouble if they make the wrong call over this and something happens to the patient.

Dealing with patients who decline to wear a face covering - The MDU

Maybe so. 

This particular patient (and the rest of his family, by all accounts) had apparently turned up at the surgery on numerous occasions maskless, been informed of the rules, and still refused to wear a mask.

I'm sure the surgery were well aware of his medical conditions (if any), and had this been a medical emergency would no doubt have dealt with it.

I don't particularly like wearing a mask due to my emphysema, but as you were unlikely to be in the surgery for more than 15 minutes (not like pre covid, when you could be 30 minutes in the waiting room alone), I always wera one when I'm there.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

There

You've been paying to close attention to the phone hacking scandal (hardly anyone important got serious jail time)

And the financial crisis (no one get anything more serious than a couple of billion pounds in bail outs)

UK investigations into the increasing infant hepatitis outbreak are strongly linking it to an adenovirus AND co-factor(s).

These include:

• lack of previous exposure to the adenovirus (obviously lockdown)
  • a previous Covid infection (not lockdown)
  • a Covid/Adenovirus co-infection (not lockdown and will include possible genomic sharing)
  • toxin, drug or environmental factor  (first two not lockdown, last one could be anything from lockdown to Putin)

It still might be something else yet, e.g. a new strain of adenovirus but that is looking unlikely.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

UK investigations into the increasing infant hepatitis outbreak are strongly linking it to an adenovirus AND co-factor(s).

These include:

• lack of previous exposure to the adenovirus (obviously lockdown)
  • a previous Covid infection (not lockdown)
  • a Covid/Adenovirus co-infection (not lockdown and will include possible genomic sharing)
  • toxin, drug or environmental factor  (first two not lockdown, last one could be anything from lockdown to Putin)

It still might be something else yet, e.g. a new strain of adenovirus but that is looking unlikely.

Are you a lockdown fetishist or something? You appear absolutely desperate for it to not be the reason. Very strange behaviour. 🥴

1 minute ago, Tynie Nickleby said:

Season 4 Sleep GIF by The Simpsons

Aye, I know, but it is Sunday, and I'm at a bit of a loose end.

I was hoping for a more explosive response, tbqfhwy...

Are you a lockdown fetishist or something? You appear absolutely desperate for it to not be the reason. Very strange behaviour. [emoji3061]
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Everything is lockdowns fault to you and it can't possibly be anything else.
Try having a balanced point of view.

If you actually cared to look back I actually stated lockdown is a fair chance for the hepatitis outbreak.

Pointing out other possibilities has seen a mass of red dots, a case of me parroting "the other side" and now a lockdown fetishist.

Yet none of you have actually come out and said there is a possibility that it can be something else.

Your as blinkered as the facemask-wearing virtue signallers you so despise.

On 30/04/2022 at 11:08, The Moonster said:

Scoffing at folk who might find Greece an attractive holiday destination and calling one of their national dishes "greasy" gave off more than a whiff of xenophobia. Perhaps you didn't mean it but it didn't come across well. 

Read that post again pal and tell me it's not hyperbole. Honestly, this thread does something weird to you guys. All I meant was if you want to visit a country then its meagre remaining covid rules shouldn't make you plump for another option.

On 30/04/2022 at 11:36, Dons_1988 said:

I absolutely love Italy but if it means a return to mask wearing and various other theatre then I’m happy to wait a year or two to go back and do somewhere else. 

Not sure why that could be considered irrational. 

If you're not planning to go to the theatre, cinema or visit anyone in hospital then you'll be fine. The only snag might be public transport but doubt that will be enforced. Come and enjoy yourself.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Covid: Has lockdown led to bad behaviour? - BBC News

Prof Jennifer Austin, head of behaviour analysis at the University of South Wales, says it is "probably unhelpful to blame lockdown" for bad behaviour'

Doesn't mean it's wrong though Jennifer.

People are letting loose frustration and a growing anger at the loss of 2 whole years that they are starting to realise they won't get back. Add in the fact that during those 2 years, people have become more and more dependent on the poison of social media for company and it's not really surprising to see this sort of thing emerge.

It's a natural over-correction to being overly controlled against your will.

Seems odd that all these clever behavioural people couldn't have predicted this. It's almost as if they have no idea what they are doing.

It'll all die down soon enough.

Don't let Loonytoons see this, lad.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Absolutely nobody cares anymore, Bill. The pandemic is unquestionably over, other than potentially localised epidemics in East Asia. The UK's epidemic was essentially over last summer ffs. All-cause mortality has been below the five-year average throughout 2022.

Of course, pandemic influenza such as in 1918-20, 1957-58 and 1968-69, could also happen. That won't grab the same headlines, though. Good ole 'Rona!