Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I'll let you know how it goes, flying to Palermo, staying in an AirBnB in Marsala. Sounds fairly quiet but Trapani and Palermo are in easy reach if I get bored. Might well have said in a week or so instead of in a few weeks, who knows! Are you in Rome? I remember all the faff you had coming over for a visit in peak covid.

No, Como. Look forward to hearing how it goes pal.

On 20/04/2022 at 20:32, Elixir said:

It seems closing society down has hidden problems that will take years to reckon with. I wonder why it was never considered in pre-pandemic planning before Italy blindly followed China, and the rest was history!

That's a bit of a jump blaming lockdown for this. 

It actually might be Covid itself interacting with adenovirus infections that has actually caused the hepatitis.

23 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

It actually might be Covid itself interacting with adenovirus infections that has actually caused the hepatitis.

It is most definitely not a jump to think suppressing human immune systems from routine infections would likely lead to longer-term consequences.

It is most definitely not a jump to think suppressing human immune systems from routine infections would likely lead to longer-term consequences.

It's a jump implying that it is the cause though, which is what you did because it fits your agenda.

It might just as likely be an interaction between viruses. Covid has thrown modern science on more than one occasion. Given that it is a novel virus, that's hardly surprising.

Personally, you possibly have a point but at least try to have some sort of objectivity.

ETA your twitter link is irrelevant to my point.

8 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

https://www.facebook.com/100064383445918/posts/359556776200434/

The Protect Scotland app has been deactivated but ScotGov want you to keep it installed "just in case"

Please keep the Protect Scotland app on your phone in case it's needed in the future.

:lol: 

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Still need it for travel to most places I think anyway? Unless you get a printed copy of your vaccination record I suppose.

Different app. Vaccine status app is stand alone. Protect Scotland is the check in trace pish. 

15 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

So you’re focusing your holiday choice on places with no covid policies in place? Very rational. Sit in a bar eating greasy souvlaki but at least you don’t have to complete a PLF!

Tell me you're a xenophobe without telling me you're a xenophobe. 

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I completely forgot that app existed. Can’t believe anyone ever actually downloaded it in the first place to be honest.

I use it for offshore work.

However... for whatever reason (probably laziness), the medic always wants to check it in the area of the accomodation block that gets no WiFi reception, which means that it doesn't actually work.  Don't get mobile reception out there, and can't screenshot the app either.

Eta: ah, you meant the track and trace one, didn't you.  Doh.

Edited by Hedgecutter

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I use it for offshore work.

However... for whatever reason (probably laziness), the medic always wants to check it in the area of the accomodation block that gets no WiFi reception, which means that it doesn't actually work.  Don't get mobile reception out there, and can't screenshot the app either.

Eta: ah, you meant the track and trace one, didn't you.  Doh.

Yeah don’t worry about it, as I said I’d completely forgotten a track and trace app even existed.

20 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What?

Scoffing at folk who might find Greece an attractive holiday destination and calling one of their national dishes "greasy" gave off more than a whiff of xenophobia. Perhaps you didn't mean it but it didn't come across well. 

Scoffing at folk who might find Greece an attractive holiday destination and calling one of their national dishes "greasy" gave off more than a whiff of xenophobia. Perhaps you didn't mean it but it didn't come across well. 
Greece is one of my favourite holiday destinations, especially Kos.

11 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

It's a jump implying that it is the cause though, which is what you did because it fits your agenda.

It might just as likely be an interaction between viruses. Covid has thrown modern science on more than one occasion. Given that it is a novel virus, that's hardly surprising.

Personally, you possibly have a point but at least try to have some sort of objectivity.

ETA your twitter link is irrelevant to my point.

'Now looks highly likely to be caused by Adenovirus which has been isolated in >75% of cases.' 🥴

Covid is no longer novel: nearly the entire population outside of East Asia and Oceania has been exposed to it; and it has absolutely not 'thrown modern science on more than one occasion': a plethora of vaccines and treatments were cooked up in the space of 12-18 months that have helped render it an utter irrelevance. Well, unless you are a raging hypochondriac or someone with no comprehension of how life worked before March 2020.

Edited by Elixir

Cos THAT isn't a leap at all? [emoji38]
Of course it's a leap. It also might have absolutely nothing to do with either Covid or lockdown. Another leap. That's all we have at the moment until investigated further.
Pointing the finger at one possibility because it suits your agenda is poor stuff tbh. That is what I meant by objectivity.

14 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Cos THAT isn't a leap at all? 😆

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-variant-may-have-picked-up-piece-common-cold-virus-2021-12-03/

Real shocker that viruses show recombination of their genetic material