Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, gmca said:

Boris said in parliament today the scientists weren't aware at the time that asymptomatic transmission was a thing. No doubt that will be looked at in any inquiry (he says in a rare moment of optimism).

Got a text today advising the Highest Risk list will be ended on 31st May because vaccines and treatments mean those most vulnerable are only as likely to fall seriously ill as the rest of the public.

If this is accurate then I don’t want to see that scumbag Deepti Gurdasani going on again about how the lack of mask mandates are screwing over the “immunosuppressed”

Not to mention the fact that the meaning of that word has been totally b*****dised by the virtue signalling left in recent months. But that’s a whole other story. 

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

I’m not saying this isn’t true.  It may well be but isn’t part of this discussion the lack of acknowledgement of asymptomatic  transmission?  Governments seemed to be in denial about this.

Yeah that's a part just not one that I was addressing both things were mistakes looking back for sure. 

This was the check required before people with covid were discharged into care homes. 

security-on-duty.gif

38 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think Boris is lying. At the very least he's being economical with the truth again.

There was at least two papers in February 2021 talking about it so scientists certainly would have been aware of it very early on and certainly well before lockdown.

Quantifying asymptomatic infection and transmission of COVID-19 in New York City using observed cases, serology, and testing capacity | PNAS

Presumed Asymptomatic Carrier Transmission of COVID-19 | Infectious Diseases | JAMA | JAMA Network

Sage were acknowledging it was happening at least as far back as Jan 2020.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1058445/S0370_Second_SAGE_meeting_on_Wuhan_Coronavirus_.pdf

I remember my wife coming in from work one day and the comments from all the nurses were where had everyone gone, this was in relation to medical boarders who basically disappeared overnight into care homes.

The wards weren't particularly busy for a while as all the Operations got cancelled as well.

Basically loads of old people got sent to their deaths and loads of younger people are now coming through with stage 3/4 cancer because all their appointments got cancelled.

A lot of the decisions were made based on what was happening in Italy by the looks of it.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I think Boris is lying. At the very least he's being economical with the truth again.

There was at least two papers in February 2021 talking about it so scientists certainly would have been aware of it very early on and certainly well before lockdown.

Quantifying asymptomatic infection and transmission of COVID-19 in New York City using observed cases, serology, and testing capacity | PNAS

Presumed Asymptomatic Carrier Transmission of COVID-19 | Infectious Diseases | JAMA | JAMA Network

He’s definitely lying. Patrick Vallance stated in an interview on March 13th (transcript here) that “It looks quite likely that there is some degree of asymptomatic transmission. There's definitely quite a lot of transmission very early on in the disease when there are very mild symptoms.”

Can the government really expect people to believe the Chief Scientific Adviser knew something pretty crucial but nobody else in government did?  

There is of course a fairly reasonable argument about ‘what else could be done’. If the projected numbers in March 2020 had come to fruition, clearly we’d have needed the beds that were created by the mass clearing of elderly patients into care homes. But that isn’t the government defence, so at this stage it isn’t relevant - the government are outright lying and hoping it all goes away. 

16 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

I remember my wife coming in from work one day and the comments from all the nurses were where had everyone gone, this was in relation to medical boarders who basically disappeared overnight into care homes.

The wards weren't particularly busy for a while as all the Operations got cancelled as well.

Basically loads of old people got sent to their deaths and loads of younger people are now coming through with stage 3/4 cancer because all their appointments got cancelled.

A lot of the decisions were made based on what was happening in Italy by the looks of it.

Sadly know of 3 examples of people who have now died because of delays to illness which could have been cured but where treatment was withdrawn or delayed. Fucking shite and I hope Freeman faces criminal charges along with Hancock. 

I thought restrictions are lifted? The local leisure centre were getting a bit arsy because I asked to wait inside on a seat while my daughter, aged 4, is in her gymnastics class rather than stand outside for an hour. They said "oh we're still distancing and wearing masks". 

10 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I thought restrictions are lifted? The local leisure centre were getting a bit arsy because I asked to wait inside on a seat while my daughter, aged 4, is in her gymnastics class rather than stand outside for an hour. They said "oh we're still distancing and wearing masks". 

Must just be your place. Where I go is all maskless and has a wee cafe where folk can sit and chat all they like. 

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

What hasn't been mentioned is that many elderly patients were moved out of hospital into overcrowded NHS care homes without their permission or consent of the families who might have legal guardianship or legal power of attorney, health and welfare. This was one of the first examples during the pandemic of how the Governments and authorities circumnavigated the legal rights of an individual and forced them into a situation against their own or their families will. This isn't just about moving numbers from one place to another and the rights and wrongs of that one issue, this is about who has the legal power to make that decision. iN Scotland someone often a family member can be granted the power of making decisions both welfare and financial on behalf of an individual who is unable to make these decisions themselves, is decided by the Scottish Court.

Its not difficult to find if you Google it that no one can be forced into a care home against their wishes or the wishes of those whom have been granted Power of Attorney or Guardianship by a Court of Law. This all comes down to the health and well being of an individual.

As much as some people might say what happened was for the best or under the circumstances, the legalities of those decisions step by step have to be gone thorough especially in the case that someone has died, it cannot be dismissed or brushed off.

Families about to take out legal action against the Scottish Government. Quite rightly so - for years we were told there was bed blocking in hospital due to lack of cases in care home but along comes Covid and suddenly they found they could clear the wards.

Sturgeon got her arse felt today at FMQ by Sarwar regarding this.  As he was asking a question about this The Bald Speccy Twat commented disgusting and he was quickly shot down by Sarwar but unfortunately we did not see his face.  They really do think they are untouchable.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Sadly know of 3 examples of people who have now died because of delays to illness which could have been cured but where treatment was withdrawn or delayed. Fucking shite and I hope Freeman faces criminal charges along with Hancock. 

Sturgeon, Johnson and chief medical officers should be added to that list.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Must just be your place. Where I go is all maskless and has a wee cafe where folk can sit and chat all they like. 

I sometimes take the boy to the leisure pool in Livingston and they’ve brought back in slot booking for swimming. I asked them why and they said that it was to reduce queuing, which had been causing issues. It’s no great bother for me to book a a lot but I did wonder why they had people queuing as all restrictions should have been lifted. I assume it’s because they had to limit numbers due to having staff off with Covid. However they still have plastic screens up so maybe they have kept some restrictions themselves.

I still have to book a slot to go to the dump here (England). I emailed asking why and pointing out there were no covid restrictions and was told that 'due to positive feedback', there are no plans to revert back to the way it was, i.e. just turn up. 

A total nonsense in my view. 

Edited by Michael W

The whole point of the middle class left lockdown was asymptomatic transmission.

If asymptomatic transmission wasn’t a thing then there would have been no need for the middle class to shield themselves whilst allowing the elderly, sick, vulnerable and the working class to build herd immunity 

49 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

https://www.facebook.com/100078235623344/posts/132096352741552/

The list of symptoms is being expanded again.

Has anyone here suffered from "unusual hunger" when they've had covid?

I suffer from unusual hunger every time I wake up still half cut, does Vodka cause Covid?

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

You’ve obviously not seen someone die of covid

Nah. I have seen a loved one pass away in a care home from a different natural cause if that helps?

56 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

https://www.facebook.com/100078235623344/posts/132096352741552/

The list of symptoms is being expanded again.

Has anyone here suffered from "unusual hunger" when they've had covid?

Explains why all those fatties the size of a tenement block were in the hospital and on TV warning  that 'it could affect anyone badly'.