Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

No lockdown in Sweden

Bars and restaurants still open

People out making the most of the sunshine

Less deaths per capita than neighbouring Denmark 

I don't think there can be any doubt that a lockdown is a good idea as it quite obviously minimises social interaction, which in turn limits the spread and potential spread of the virus.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I don't think there can be any doubt that a lockdown is a good idea as it quite obviously minimises social interaction, which in turn limits the spread and potential spread of the virus.

Why not just lockdown the vulnerable as opposed to the entire population? 

Just now, Jeremiah Cole said:

That's what Boris plan seemed to be at the start. In our case it's because the NHS couldn't handle the amount of patients that approach would result in

Because it's not just the vulnerable that get sick and NHS or any others nations health service can't cope with those numbers

Aye, I'll only be driving to get to the shop. Only leaving the house to walk the dog just now.

Just had a food delivery by Morrisons, very impressive tbh. Even got toilet roll.

Because technically everyone is potentially vulnerable. Over and above this the "herd immunity" idea has already been attempted and then deemed by the experts to be potentially catastrophic for the country and the health service.

Sweden are also "behind the curve", so while their system may indeed be working just now, two weeks from now and they could be like Italy or Spain.

The bottom line is that we can only go by what our experts and medical professionals are telling us as they know much more about this situation than any of us.

11 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Calm down Gaz.

I'm stuck in the hoose 23 hours a day with a newborn and two disabled kids with autism because folk are arseholes who couldn't stay out of the pub when told not to. You've literally got the health service telling folk not to drive places for exercise, for the reasons saying above, and then folk like you are coming out with twattish shite saying "a few individuals driving around to get exercise is fine".

This is why we're all having to stay in the hoose, because folk wouldn't listen a week ago and folk are still not listening and ignoring what they're being asked to do.

Lukashenko makes Trump look both sane and empathetic.  A seriously fucked up individual. 
Lukashenko is far saner than Trump. You don't get to stay in power for over a quarter of a century without being a rational thinker.

Anyway, what are we on today? Eurythmics, Erasure, East 17, ELO?

4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yasssssss more customers fighting because we let NHS staff in before them.
Ques are pretty big the now.
I came in early to work today because we knew the general public would be c***s and it be busier.
Keep yer distance or stay home if you can please.

Be safe

I've started shopping at ASDA, much better experience. I'd have said ASDA was the 'scummier' supermarket out of the 2 until I've read your experiences.

Been to ASDA twice, managed to get the food I wanted, everyone was well behaved and there was a nice wee system. 

22 minutes ago, Gaz said:

You literally could not make this fucking shit up.

No wonder we're all having to stay in the fucking house.

Yes but it will be the "neds" or "scumbags" who cause us to get locked down even further according to the bozos taking the BMW out to the countryside. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I'm not having a dig here, genuine question.

But why are they discouraging driving somewhere to get exercise?

I understand shutting all access to hot spots but surely getting away a bit and not having any contact with anyone in the countryside isn't bad?

The roads are very very quiet so it's not about keeping roads clear.

Is it all about the virus possibly being in your car? I'd say that was an extension of your house.

It's a no win situation for the government tbf, if they allow a few to do it then everyone will.

On the other hand I went out for cycle along a local bike track and it was mobbed with people walking dugs (extending leads should be banned), just out walking and other cyclists.  So local areas are being filled while more remote areas are empty.