Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Anyone hear anything from Jason Leitch?  Seem they guy has went into hiding after his 5 minutes of fame.

I saw him on three things yesterday. Just because you didn't see him, why pitch it in such a pejorative way?

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Was he not in favour of the herd immunity shite that was happening until Oxford came up with some figures?

It was Imperial College that produced the number that ended mitigation as a strategy - his own institution. Herd immunity (with case isolation and targeted vaccination) is what we did in 2009. The reason it was dropped this time is because the Imperial College paper showed that the NHS would be swamped by people who would recover before you could get to the levels required.

Oxford's figures have been widely ridiculed, weren't produced by an epidemiologist and a lot of academics have accused the guy involved of using the crisis to promote himself.

3 hours ago, 101 said:

He did an hour long Q&A with YoungScot on Monday still posting lots of advice on Twitter, it's probably more that case that with daily press briefings the mainstream media don't need to interview experts in Government

He's no senior enough to be on the daily briefing - it's the First Minister, the Chief Medical Officer and the Health secretary only. He's doing a lot of stuff below that. He also has an actual job though, he's not a spokesperson. 

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

Suppose it could be argued a double nugget is a necessity after an hours outdoor exersise

The good news is that the social distancing rules appear to have been perfectly observed, so no need for me to be calling the grassing hotline on this occasion.

Imagine if there HAD been an issue, I could have phoned up and reported that a nugget just took a flaky outside number 99, even though the road was coned off......

53 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently the CDC in the US are going to change advice regarding wearing masks, to recommend that they should be worn if possible.

Any P&Bers wearing a face mask when out and about?

I've got some DIY dust masks lying about, not sure if they've be any use tho...

42 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Carlsberg don't do irony, but if they did..IMG_20200329_123557.jpeg

You need a laugh and that's a great one from the sun tbf.

Just now, pantene proV said:

Tried to watch but couldn't focus after reading the way morgue was spelt 

Main bit was most infections are from droplets so the 2 m rule. Can transfer through surfaces but they reckon that is a lesser cause.

Oh, and Sweden don’t give a f**k.

20 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Yesterday I cut the front grass and did a general tidy up, today I'm going to paint the back fence. Closest I came to anybody yesterday other than family was about 10 yards, when one of the neighbours dropped a bag of shopping into the old couple that stay next door, which they just left on their porch.

There seem to be a lot of people getting themselves seething about folk doing perfectly safe stuff. I'm at more risk out shopping or at work than I am in my own garden.

Also seems a lot of folk have missed the bit that says it is ok to go out and help or care for a vulnerable person. There are also guidelines around that, if you do have to enter their house you should wash your hands when you go in, try and stay 2m apart, then wash your hands before you leave, and wear gloves and a mask if you can.

The legislation says you can't leave the place where you are living - not stay indoors (section 5). And even then you have a defence against being outside of where you are living if you have a "reasonable excuse" (section 8) - which includes taking exercise, which is not limited to once a day.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/103/pdfs/ssi_20200103_en.pdf

54 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Belarus women's Super Cup is on just now.

FK Minsk v FC Borka Sdu. (1-0 for Minsk atm)

I think the lack of a crowd is more to do with a possible lack of interest in women's football rather than social distancing.

Looks like it will be my only source of football for a while and also looks like its carrying on for now as the President is a bit bonkers.

"Why? Because Aleksandr Lukashenko, the president of the country and a man often referred to as the "last dictator in Europe," said so. (The other leagues still in action, for now, are Nicaragua, Turkmenistan, Burundi and Myanmar.

"[Coronavirus] is just another psychosis, which will benefit some people and harm others," he said last week. "The civilised world is going nuts. It is absolute stupidity to close state borders. The panic can hurt us more than the virus itself"

Screenshot_20200329-122219_bet365.jpeg

How do you watch it?

If you can find anywhere I've said people shouldn't be out in their gardens that would be great.

What I do object to is playing rounds of golf, driving out to lochs for "exercise", or ambling round retail parks cause the wean is doing your head in.

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Main bit was most infections are from droplets so the 2 m rule. Can transfer through surfaces but they reckon that is a lesser cause.

Oh, and Sweden don’t give a f**k.

Aah, so stuff I knew already. Apart from the Swedes not following protocol - blonde cnuts!