Coronavirus (COVID-19)

52 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was in the civil service from 2006 to 2013, and remember the rapid speed (and cost) of renaming everything that moved, re-doing signs to make Scotland look like Wales and so on. 

I charles’d your original post but do disagree on the Gaelic language stuff, theres no harm in putting the Polieas stuff on the polis motors, cost was absolutely negligible as they all got stickered with the Police Scotland rebrand anyway. Its good to embrace the Gaelic language and something we should be looking to roll out in our schools any way, learning languages helps kids develop so why not do a bit of Gaelic as well as French or whatever?

I do agree with you re the absolute mess they have made of the NHS, when you consider now after two years exposure to the people who shape their policy as advisors like Leitch and Devi, it becomes pretty fucking clear why the NHS is in the state it currently is. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It's England who changed their system to match Scotland's, but are calling it day 5 rather than 7 to make it sound better when it's actually identical.

So back in the days when you had to do 14 day or 10 day isolation did you get out on day 13 / 9 in Scotland or is this a completely new method of counting?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

This is the sort of petty, needless difference which causes so much frustration.

She just wants to pick fights at every opportunity.

Perhaps a minority view, but I feel Scotland’s leader should be offering square go’s on a regular basis.

8E4387AF-C653-4DB6-81EF-39336B8721DE.gif

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I charles’d your original post but do disagree on the Gaelic language stuff, theres no harm in putting the Polieas stuff on the polis motors, cost was absolutely negligible as they all got stickered with the Police Scotland rebrand anyway. Its good to embrace the Gaelic language and something we should be looking to roll out in our schools any way, learning languages helps kids develop so why not do a bit of Gaelic as well as French or whatever?

I do agree with you re the absolute mess they have made of the NHS, when you consider now after two years exposure to the people who shape their policy as advisors like Leitch and Devi, it becomes pretty fucking clear why the NHS is in the state it currently is. 

Have a Charles.

50 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Denmark culled its entire mink population back in 2020 as well. 

Another 'classic' of the pandemic here, although if you were told hamsters were being called because of covid then Hong Kong would be at the top of your 'guess the country' list. 

I still think the town in Spain that bleached their beach wins the prize for utter stupidity. 

I am pretty sure they did some thing wrong with the mass graves and thousands of rotting mink started to bubble up to tbe surface in some clatty sounding horror movie fashion. 

Edited by Have some faith in Magic

Because making you isolate until day 7 makes you care more than making you isolate until day 6.  Of course the flip side of that is letting you out on day 6 is giving you more freedom than letting you out on day 7.
5 day self-isolation is pantomime as well.

There will still be a lot of people who are testing positive on LFTs well after the 5th day.

If there is self-isolation policy then 2 negative LFTs in a row should be sufficient - with the minimum time limit removed.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You reckon there's no evidence that vaccines have worked suppressing covid? 🤔

this reply is a good example of what i mean, the success of something reduced to a single variable 'suppressing covid'

same thing happened wi the original and ongoing hysteria, success tied to cases and deaths, but the enormous side effects ignored

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:

All hospitality and live events restrictions lifted just in time for the 6 Nations what a fantastic coincidence.

Even Ireland now suggesting they will let their Coronavirus Act lapse come April, including masks.

4 hours ago, anotherchance said:

In the minds of the simps, there’s a big crossover between those who want restrictions removed completely and the right wing, Unionists, Sevco loving Brexit types. 

Their ego dictates that they cannot be seen to be wrong or be seen as giving into them. It’s why, when you challenge them, they either tie themselves in knots or start playing the man rather than the ball.

I get really frustrated by it at times, because I want independence and I want the left to actually be left wing, rather than playing the victim constantly.

Right on brother. If there's one group of people you can't engage in a mature conversation without them playing the man all the time, it's the simps.

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The SG will remove all restrictions including masks in the next few months. 

I am not optimistic in the slightest that masks will be removed this year. It costs the SG nothing and means they can look like they’re still trying to ‘keep people safe’ when others have given up on them.