Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Caledonian1 said:

the government acted as if it could have happened

Really?  the government take actions based on things that could happen?  The Russians could invade Ukraine tomorrow.  We could get dragged into a European war.  Are we gearing up our armed forces and getting into a state of readiness for it?  I think not.  Why is that?  Because it's not likely to happen.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

And that is the fundamental question here isn’t it?

Should the government have the ability to turn “protections” on and off at the drop of a hat ad infinitum based on things that ‘could happen’? 

That’s not what I think their job is, tbh. 

the core problem is a society that even pre-covid hysteria expects the state to wipe our arses from cradle to grave

and the state employs the kind of people who oblige - maniacs who get a kick out of fixing everyone with top-down 'solutions'

self fulfilling spiraling nanny stateism.

Edited by Glennie

10 minutes ago, Glennie said:

the core problem is a society that even pre-covid hysteria expects the state to wipe our arses from cradle to birth

and the state employs the kind of people who oblige - maniacs who get a kick out of fixing everyone with top-down 'solutions'

self fulfilling spiraling mammy stateism.

FTFY.

55 minutes ago, Glennie said:

the core problem is a society that even pre-covid hysteria expects the state to wipe our arses from cradle to birth

self fulfilling spiraling nanny stateism.

Ah, the Benjamin Button syndrome. I had hoped that the minimal support provided by the state might see me out.

You shouldn't know tbh. If you are well enough to go to work you shouldn't be wasting time and money on a test.
This. You don't test to see if you have any other Coronavirus so why test for this one of you don't have symptoms. More lives will be saved by getting back to normal and detecting cancer at stage 1 and not stage 4 for example.

The only health emergency we have now is one of our own making.

More infections = more close contacts right? 
Who is calling for an end to isolation for vaccinated people that's the alternative right? 
I think there will be a panic if essential staff are still working whilst Covid positive, but tbh I don't see anything wrong with it. If they are well why have them off?

My workplace has been properly found out for just how much it relied on people coming in unless they were too ill to physically make it, now that the decision is out of their hands and sick people have to stay off regardless
A few years ago I felt like death whilst at work with shifts on Christmas and new year included, if I’d sickied , someone who’s turn it was to have them off that year would have to have covered me. It honestly wouldn’t have been worth it to phone in.

15 minutes ago, Empty It said:

If I was as bad at my job as Sturgeon and her advisors, I'd be sacked, how can they keep making predictions based on absolute guesswork then just brass neck it when the complete opposite of their prediction becomes reality.

Because the people that keep voting for her couldn’t give a toss how poor she is.

20 minutes ago, Empty It said:

If I was as bad at my job as Sturgeon and her advisors, I'd be sacked, how can they keep making predictions based on absolute guesswork then just brass neck it when the complete opposite of their prediction becomes reality.

its far worse than this, its intentional self-harm on a massive scale

she and the rest of them should be prosecuted not just sacked