Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Swinney on the radio saying that regular testing and vaccinations are going to be normal and there's no going back to the pre March 2020 way of life

He’s been very selective there. Regular testing will eventually fade into being tested for hospital admissions, or to rule out Covid if your going to the doctors with an ailment.

Vaccines will move to being offered solely to those who are offered the flu.

We will return to an almost pre March 2020 life, but Covid will linger away in the background for a while yet, restrictions or no restrictions.

8 minutes ago, Elixir said:

They are absolutely desperate to be taken in by the 'Independent SAGE' nutters and the likes of Carole Cadwalladr.

They have lost the plot in the last few weeks for me.

Crossed the line when they admitted that the 500 attendance figures was pulled out of thin air to send a message.

But also f**k any of the opposition parties too. Not one of them spoke up about this when the restrictions were brought in.

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Crossed the line when they admitted that the 500 attendance figures was pulled out of thin air to send a message.

mate almost everything from the last 21 months has been pulled out of thin air, a lot of it to 'send a message'

the line was crossed in march 2020

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Amazing how we all see it differently. Local Facebook awash with "Bloody football pandered too again.....special treatment" etc etc.

I guess of your watching your restaurant for example continue to be subject to unjustifiable restrictions, you're within your rights to be annoyed at that whilst you wait at least another week. 

But, really, none of these things should've happened. 

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Amazing how we all see it differently. Local Facebook awash with "Bloody football pandered too again.....special treatment" etc etc.

For folk that don't go to football but for example like a night out then that seems like a fair opinion.

The continued night club ban, even after they added vaccine passports, would drive you nuts. Or folk that go to the theatre etc. Attending sport is a big thing in Scotland but it is still only a few percent of the population that do it.

Tests, passports, face masks, less severe Omicron. Everything should be opening back up. People will make their own choices about the risks they will take.

1 minute ago, Glennie said:

mate almost everything from the last 21 months has been pulled out of thin air, a lot of it to 'send a message'

the line was crossed in march 2020

I think the difference is that all the measures before was direct action to reduce transmission. Of course it is some what arbitrary which things were targeted for this means BUT the banning of outdoor sports crowds was the first time there was an action which they admitted was not about reducing transmission at the restricted event.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Continuing to tell myself how these dangers will be able to keep this charade going once we get out of winter and hospitals empty. There's just surely no way.

Easy - they will just say that they are the reason for them emptying

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

As she said today the reason we’re in a better place is due to the “measures”.

Depends who she means by we. i think we're all losers out of this, completely fucked xmas, businesses and even their own popularity surely putting the independence debate to bed for a long time.

Edited by red23

15 minutes ago, Left Back said:

As she said today the reason we’re in a better place is due to the “measures”.

She actually said "undoubtedly we are in a better place".

I take it that means she has absolute proof that these measures helped in some way. I look forward to seeing that.

She is a lying cow

Edited by Wile E Coyote

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

That was the point. Seems an odd thing to get wrong.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Exactly the point being made by the post you quoted, she’s wrong/lied.

Aye it's odd, it's too pointless to be a lie - unless I've missed some benefit lying about that brings? 

But it's also too obvious to miss so I don't get it.