Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm not sure how NS can stand with a straight face and claim that, had we not put additional restrictions in place, daily cases here would have reached double the amount they would have been expected to based on the case numbers in England, relative to overall population.

That's absolutely wild. Relative to population, cases in both England and Scotland peaked at a similar level.

It's face saving nonsense like that that should absolutely destroy her credibility, not encourage "imagine what would have happened" excuses for making an absolutely calamatous mistake.

8 minutes ago, Glennie said:

overlords do not like when plebs fail to turn the other cheek

fucking brass neck complaining about this after 2 years of insanity

Are they throwing shite at him because Macron said he was going to put the unvaccinated in the shit?

Edited by Detournement

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Are they throwing shite at him because Macron said he was going to put the unvaccinated in the shit?

seaweed aparently. general anti-lunacy protest, but focussed on their vax pass

infuriating these psychopaths think they can inflict near 2 year of insanity on tens of millions, then play victim when one gets it back

power of state is so out of balance

Edited by Glennie

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So the SG are expecting the stewards to check 30.000 vaccine passport next Monday night for Celtic-Hibs. 

Good luck with that :lol: 

52 minutes ago, Ross. said:

It’s a fairly simple thing to do in all honesty. Been to 2 or 3 Aarau games since they brought this in over here. All they done was set up a perimeter fence outside the ground with a few security scanning the QR codes and checking ID before you got to the gates. Added maybe 5 minutes at most onto the entry time.

I think it’s completely pointless for what it’s worth, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a very easy thing to implement.

40 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Celtic Park three weeks tomorrow, a dark Wednesday evening, probably pissing with rain, 5 celsius, a security cordon, a few guards on minimum wage and 30,000 people getting stopped and checked before getting to the stadium gates? Any, I can see see that going swimmingly well...

The largest crowds at games I’ve been at this season would be:-

H96-Schalke, 39.900 on a Friday evening

H96-St. Pauli, 16.100 on a Saturday afternoon.

H96-SV Hamburg, 22.500 on a Sunday afternoon. 
Fortuna Düsseldorf-H96, 22.398 on a Saturday afternoon. 
SV Hamburg-Hansa Rostock, 15.000 on a Sunday afternoon.

VfL Wolfsburg-RB Salzburg, 16.112 on a Tuesday night.

At all of them the Covid passport on my phone was checked (nothing was scanned), and then my name cross-checked with the name on my ID card (German citizen). Same with all attendees  

Isn‘t something I agree with, but added maybe an extra 2-3 minutes to the getting in process.

As @Ross. mentioned, the actual checks get done well before the turnstiles, and at the Schalke game H96 had volunteers/Red Cross (or similar) available for getting checked all the way from the main train station down to the ground. At the Schalke, Hamburg-Rostock & Wolfsburg games you received a band like at a music festival.

Hopefully gets binned at some point in the future. Since the whole personalisation of tickets or the above Covid passport checks were introduced, all the Ultras/young team have boycotted which has a massive effect on the atmosphere within the ground.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Celtic Park three weeks tomorrow, a dark Wednesday evening, probably pissing with rain, 5 celsius, a security cordon, a few guards on minimum wage and 30,000 people getting stopped and checked before getting to the stadium gates? Any, I can see see that going swimmingly well...

I accept there are issues of scale, 3000 at Brügglifeld is a massively different scenario to 60000 at Celtic Park, but if the fans are well briefed and the checkpoints are thought through, it really wouldn’t be that difficult to successfully apply the absolutely pointless exercise that it is.

17 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Am I correct in reading that there is no change to indoor sports which remain banned?

Professional indoor contact sports are fine, but amateur contact sports are banned. Non contact sports are fine as I understand it.

Professional indoor sports of any sort can only have crowds of 200.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It doesn't matter.

All that matters to Sturgeon is that people are distracted from her clear mistake of increasing restrictions pre-Christmas.

I just don't think the optics of businesses across the border in Newcastle being free from such idiocy is in any way sustainable. The stink that will be kicked up will be even worse than last time.

Then there's the fact that the narrative is changing among key scientists in that mass testing and continual vaccination of the entire population needs to end, with the latter being reserved only for the same demographic that get a flu jag each autumn. Everyone is going to keep getting this virus.

The simple fact is, as we get out of winter and hospitalisations and cases are at rock bottom, it will just be overwhelmingly ludicrous to keep anything going - regardless of their 'strategic framework'.