Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why are you overcomplicating this? Nobody else is saying anything about banana bread or pots and pans.  You didn't either in the relevant post. You simply said that Covid was an obsession of the middle classes.  That's funny because you're clearly obsessed by it more than most.

Stop wriggling.  It's not helping you.  

Let's try it again for you.

Covid, the virus, is an obsession of the middle classes: stay home, protect the NHS, better do those LFTs before having acquaintances round for some refreshments in the large garden, and so on. All while the balance of risk is actually passed down to those less fortunate.

My 'obsession' is with my opposition to the dragged out pandemic response. If it wasn't for this utter shit show of restrictions my level of interest would be about the same as for Zika virus: non-existent.

Again, there is no contradiction here. Unlucky.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Any of our bold heroes been away at the bad cold bootcamp?

20220109_223237.jpg

If Gilmour goes and wastes himself at the Buns he's dead to me.

23 hours ago, Elixir said:

Covid is and always has been a middle class obsession.

Right, this is the relevant post in its entirety.

It's funny, because you are in fact very much obsessed with Covid, yourself.

That's all.  That really is all.  It's not a big deal, but it's amusing.  Now please be quiet about it.

Does Sturgeon know something the NHS top brass down south don't? Is it a different virus or health service in England? Or will she simply apologise for the ruin her government caused over the festive period?

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's all.  That really is all.  It's not a big deal, but it's amusing.  Now please be quiet about it.

I couldn't care less about the virus or staying home to 'protect the NHS', bud. Never have.

The authoritarian measures implemented over our lives for nearly two years, however...

It's fine - you can't understand this clear distinction. Probably the type who thought that Scotland 'going for elimination' in summer 2020 would have delivered independence by now.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

I couldn't care less about the virus or staying home to 'protect the NHS', bud. Never have.

The authoritarian measures implemented over our lives for nearly two years, however...

It's fine - you can't understand this clear distinction. Probably the type who thought that Scotland 'going for elimination' in summer 2020 would have delivered independence by now.

Your post contained no distinctions.  It was a bald statement, loaded with unwitting irony.

I'm starting to think you're genuinely becoming irrational here, however, so will leave it.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Obsessed is an understatement I’d say. I think it has been a very, very long time since @Elixirhas posted anything on this forum out with the covid thread. Not that he has to post elsewhere, but it is strange. 

6 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

When a poster with  a known history of serious MH problems is posting in a manner which suggests he may be going through a further crisis. 

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
1 hour ago, strichener said:
Your internet diagnosis isn't worth shit though.

Except that's not what happened..

Except that is exactly what happened.  I have even bolded the relevant part for you Dr WRK.

11 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Does Sturgeon know something the NHS top brass down south don't? Is it a different virus or health service in England? Or will she simply apologise for the ruin her government caused over the festive period?

Surely a willing and competent interviewer or opposition leader should be all over that.

She can’t really speak out against the NHS down south without throwing her government’s handling of our NHS under a bus.

Feels as though she’s clamped here.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Obsessed is an understatement I’d say. I think it has been a very, very long time since @Elixirhas posted anything on this forum out with the covid thread. Not that he has to post elsewhere, but it is strange. 

I still post on the occasional Scotland or Hearts thread, but I simply find this thread reassuring since there are many rational people also itching for a return to normal life. I was posting on P&B less and less for a fair while pre-pandemic.

4 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Surely a willing and competent interviewer or opposition leader should be all over that.

She can’t really speak out against the NHS down south without throwing her government’s handling of our NHS under a bus.

Feels as though she’s clamped here.

It really is bewildering. The Scottish Government have claimed for years that the Scottish NHS outperforms the others in the UK. If so, then why has it not been able to handle what the English NHS clearly is? Or why has the further introduction of restrictions on public life been seen as an acceptable trade off when hospitals have evidently not collapsed? There is simply no justification.

Like you say, things like this should be open goals for both journalists and opposition politicians alike that would hold them accountable.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I for one believe the big corporation is going to be considerate of unvaccinated BAME workers who don’t come into work

Sticking it to the brown people was a big part of Brexit as we all know.......

Here we simply see a Brexit voter enjoying on of the few Brexit dividends that actually came to pass..... Discriminatory policy that he can really get behind. 

48 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It’s quite revealing that Sturgeon wasted no time, at 7.30pm on Saturday night, being “Chief Mammy” and firing out a couple of tweets criticising (and politicising in her follow up tweet) nothing more substantial than a newspaper report about Boris maybe planning to stop dishing out free LFT kits for all apart from a few key sectors/ services. She even had Humza sent out to bump his gums about this matter today. 

Yet she must be away from her iPad tonight as she’s not hit out the NHS in England for this report in the very same newspaper. For me, it’s quite interesting how she selectively picks her opportunities to keep us safe, following the science and data etc and basically taking the opposite path to England & Boris for everything. This report from the NHS has possibly snookered her, I think.

13 minutes ago, deegee said:

It’s quite revealing that Sturgeon wasted no time, at 7.30pm on Saturday night, being “Chief Mammy” and firing out a couple of tweets criticising (and politicising in her follow up tweet) nothing more substantial than a newspaper report about Boris maybe planning to stop dishing out free LFT kits for all apart from a few key sectors/ services. She even had Humza sent out to bump his gums about this matter today. 

Yet she must be away from her iPad tonight as she’s not hit out the NHS in England for this report in the very same newspaper. For me, it’s quite interesting how she selectively picks her opportunities to keep us safe, following the science and data etc and basically taking the opposite path to England & Boris for everything. This report from the NHS has possibly snookered her, I think.

She also had a big rant about papers here posting headlines about Parliament being recalled and causing anxiety just the other week. Odd to see that same person immediately take a headline as gospel eh......

Anyone else expecting the restrictions will be lifted in this week’s update? 

Nope. Not entirely. We’ve got a strategic framework about living with covid in the works so there’ll be some sort of levels pish with that I’m sure.