Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Well, well, well...

Also lol:

Always felt that setting the deadline as far back as April was a ploy to motivate as many NHS workers as possible to get the vaccine before then, but that it would end up getting ditched at the last minute.

The UK government did the same thing back in late summer/September time with vaccine passports for nightclubs. They ditched them at the 11th hour and when they were reintroduced as part of “plan B”, they stuck a negative lateral flow test option in so that the unvaccinated still had the option to go clubbing. 

If I was a betting man my money would be on the compulsory vaccines getting ditched, but they’ll keep mandatory testing twice a week for unvaccinated NHS staff. Vaccinated staff will be told to stop testing regularly and just to take one if they are symptomatic. 

Edited by Donathan

Just now, Donathan said:

Always felt that setting the deadline as far back as April was a ploy to motivate as many NHS workers as possible to get the vaccine before then, but that it would end up getting ditched at the last minute.

The UK government did the same thing back in late summer/September time with vaccine passports for nightclubs. They ditched them at the 11th hour and when they were reintroduced as part of “plan B”, they stuck a negative lateral flow test option in so that the unvaccinated still had the option to go clubbing. 

I also like how the tinpot authoritarian clowns in Austria and Germany are squirming now they realise their mandatory vaccination is going to be essentially obsolete by the time it's meant to kick in at the end of February, as pretty much every c**t will have been exposed by the time winter is over. yXAbrOQ.png

Eventually, this whole farce is going to become so obviously ludicrous once the 'threat' is clearly over that the screeching diddies will have no choice but to drop it. Thus leaving only the 'Independent SAGE' types and their 44 stream viewers carrying on the fight like those Japanese soldiers marooned on pacific islands, decades after the war ended. I fully expect this to be the case by the summer. 4U0m6pP.png

Scotland’s cultural secretary has pledged that full capacity events will be allowed to return “as soon as possible” once the country emerges from the “acute” phase of the Omicron variant.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/covid-scotland-full-capacity-events-will-return-in-scotland-as-soon-as-possible-says-angus-robertson-3518094

Edited by Lyle Lanley

In 2018/2019, NHS Grampian had 13000 staff. Next week's impending major incident clearly needs a military response. 38 will be deployed. Should be enough to handle the doomsday scenario. I guess we'll get an update from Jillian's log cabin on how things develop. 

Screenshot_2022-01-08-01-06-13-904_com.android.chrome.jpg

The booze ban is back, yeeeha!  As from tomorrow you can only drink alcohol in your house or garden, apart from 8 touristy provinces. However, you can only drink until 9pm in a restaurant in these provinces. So I can have a pissup party in my house with loads of people but not allowed to sit at a restaurant and have a drink!

Good news for @dirty dingus (good luck with your test, as you dirty tourists are getting all the blame for bringing this new variant from  the test & go scheme) deadline for entry is now 15th Jan, with no future date as when people will be able to enter again under the test and go. So for all those holidaying in Thailand your first 2 weeks will be in quarantine no matter if you have covid or not. 

And the big one.  People from African nations as from 11th Jan are now allowed to come to Thailand. 

Work from home if you can until the end of the month.

This all comes 10 days after our supreme leader said that we all just need to live with covid and we had hit our vaccine 70% (1 dose) of the population for herd immunity.

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Scotland’s cultural secretary has pledged that full capacity events will be allowed to return “as soon as possible” once the country emerges from the “acute” phase of the Omicron variant.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/covid-scotland-full-capacity-events-will-return-in-scotland-as-soon-as-possible-says-angus-robertson-3518094

'allowed' to do normal things at the next arbitrary point by a random lunatic called Angus

psychotic times

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fair enough, my specific post may have been out of order. But your general approach on this thread has been to target the posters and not the content. 

Hey look, another misrepresentation.

Of course it's the content of posts which I target.  That's why I quote posts and target their er... content.  I suppose this is the latest example.  

I think you'll find that I'm in receipt of far more ad hominem attacks than I ever offer.

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Not the 17th then 🙄

As an aside to this, it's pretty pish if they are not in dialogue with the SPFL about what they are on course to announce on Tuesday.

Celtic play Hibs on the 17th - 5½ days notice for the club/fans/police etc to know if they can have 500 / 60,000 / some arbitrary number in between really would be piss poor.

The way the SG continue to pretend that these decisions are made on the morning of the announcements is laughable. The decision about crowds from the 17th has already been made so just tell us and stop treating us like school children where we don't get told today about the extra playtime planned for tomorrow afternoon as in case it removes the incentive for us to do our homework tonight.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Woke up Monday with symptoms, took LFT, negative. Pal who I was out with the night before had the same issue and tested positive. Now another 3 have fallen with it, and here I am, 5 days on still negative.

I am a god of immunity.

The god has today been vanquished.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Hey look, another misrepresentation.

Of course it's the content of posts which I target.  That's why I quote posts and target their er... content.  I suppose this is the latest example.  

I think you'll find that I'm in receipt of far more ad hominem attacks than I ever offer.

It’s not a misrepresentation, you just can’t see it. 

You’re not here to discuss covid, you’re here to look down on people on this threads views on covid, mainly through sneering and snide comments. Yes you may engage on some specific points when challenged but the overall theme is there. 

You get attacked because you clearly entered the thread in bad faith so you’re treated as such. 

Wife has been very poorly for the last five days with a severe respiratory infection (not Covid) and is now on antibiotics.

GP tells her that they are seeing a huge increase in this type of disease in comparison to the last 2 years when there was very little. Because of that, the GP surmises that the annual flu jab is much less effective this year against non- Covid flu. Interesting!

Maybe, at the start we should just have let things rip and over the 2 year period the outcome wouldn’t have been much different but, we could have lived (or died) much more ‘normal’ lives.

It’s not a misrepresentation, you just can’t see it. 
You’re not here to discuss covid, you’re here to look down on people on this threads views on covid, mainly through sneering and snide comments. Yes you may engage on some specific points when challenged but the overall theme is there. 
You get attacked because you clearly entered the thread in bad faith so you’re treated as such. 
In fairness, this is not so much a thread as an echo chamber, with the narrative led by a climate change denier who believes the pandemic to be "over as a public health crisis" in August 2020 and now states that SSP is not funded by the taxpayer. The vast majority of posts are simply criticisms of the people and agencies responsible for responding to the crisis, while offering little in the way of alternative solutions.
As for discussion, anyone who might proffer an alternative view is subject to relentless ad hominem attacks until they realise there is no chance of reasoned debate and (the blatantly obvious desired result) leave the circle-jerk to continue. So far, the wee posse have moved from welshbairn to Bob mahelp and are now focusing on MT, with a few lower-priority targets like YT along the way.
I will agree with one thing, however, and that is that this pandemic has severely damaged many people. This thread is indisputable proof of this. For those of us who continue to read this bin fire while occasionally contributing, my biggest concern is for those on here who have been entirely consumed by this shitshow. We're all dealing with Covid, but some of the obsession on display here really isn't healthy. Some posters (not yourself, I might add) really need to step away from here and have a good look at themselves.