Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Glennie said:

hopefully the net impact is a  generation of kids more switched on to big state lunacy, see my post earlier

loads of kids are fucked though aye

Your first sentence is very much dependent on their parents POV so not so sure. However, there does seem to be a general land shift towards questioning the logic of government. Hopefully the start of something bigger.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Humza in the media saying the case rates are now following the worst case from their models?

They did predict somewhere between 5 and 130,000 so he's *technically* not wrong 😏

Conveniently leaving out how it's not translating into the hospitalisations and deaths tho. 

4 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

They did predict somewhere between 5 and 130,000 so he's *technically* not wrong 😏

Conveniently leaving out how it's not translating into the hospitalisations and deaths tho. 

This is all I could find for the Scottish govt model and it ended on the 20th Dec where we were probably at the tip of the central estimate. 

If you look at the spread of the worst case estimate it really doesn't mean much because it's so large. 

SCT12219575081_g06.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
28 minutes ago, scottsdad said:
FIXsn8YWUAcCY9Y?format=jpg&name=large
Daily Mail being classy as ever

Can't believe these heartless b*****ds are STILL allowed to take their holidays that they're legally entitled to, I bet the scum are still taking a wage despite the NHS being in crisis!!!

I heard they still get lunch breaks 

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

How dare those woke lefty scumbags take the annual leave that they are legally entitled to take.

Our brave boys at Dunkirk didn't take any days off!

Spent most of the time paddling on the beach tbf.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

I see Ferrier is now to stand trail for that COVID breach.

Also Swinney finally is being called out by Scottish Labour for talking shite to the public.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/john-swinney-scottish-government-ons-covid-scottish-labour-b1987962.html

NewsUK

Swinney reported to statistics watchdog over Covid comparison

Scottish Labour said ministers must present ‘the facts as they are, not as the Government would wish them to be’.

Speaking on the BBC Radio Scotland’s Good Morning Scotland programme on Tuesday, he suggested ONS figures showing one in 40 Scots were infected compared to one in 25 in England were “the strongest evidence that the measures taken in Scotland are protecting the population from Covid”.

But the figures cited by Mr Swinney were from before the Scottish Government imposed additional restrictions.

Be interesting to see finally if open opposition to the restrictions gathers pace now that the science and the evidence we see everyday is convincing enough for the public to realise that these measures are mainly political and have little to do with  protecting the NHS or anything else they care about in public health they care to be concerned about.
I mentioned the care homes yesterday and given that this area has among our most vulnerable in our population and given Omicron's ability to outpace testing and spread extremely fast we should be seeing yet again devastation by now in this sector, we are not so far (fingers crossed) and this should be the biggest piece of evidence towards lifting these further restrictions imposed on the population by what is more and more being seen an overbearing, micro-managing SG that won't listen due to their fear of being wrong. Arrogance, pride and letting their egos win, not good. The SG leadership is heading for a mare of a year. I think once the pandemic is done there should be a broom to sweep through the SNP and bring in some new faces to lead. I think Swinney for starters is probably close to stepping back anyway.

He's got previous for that as well, with his daft mask meme

5 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Collapse in cases and positivity rate today.

According to the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social we are just entering the peak. More scaremongering or does he look at different figures from rest of us? 

In good news the SG have agreed to do away with preflight testing etc in the same way as announced elsewhere earlier in the week. 

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

You said this would never happen. It has happened. 

I hope you are right about the climb down but I don't see it. The violence of language employed by Macron and Trudeau over the past week is scary.

Err, I said it would never happen here. We have token gesture stuff for large events to appease the bed wetters. You said we would be needing vaccine passports to drink in pubs and eat in restaurants this winter. Hasn't happened.

Things will undoubtedly be scaled back in the spring in the UK, and I would fully expect the same elsewhere. There will be absolutely no benefit to keeping what's happening in France etc going once the pandemic is done and dusted, which will be this coming summer. As ever, money will talk.

Clownshoes on Reporting Scotland just now telling people on Day 8 of their lockdown that they have to fulfill their 10 day isolation, whilst those about to test positive will only need 7.  Is this some sort of submutation that just stopped being as dangerous?

Is there any science behind such a decision, or is it just arbitrary rules for the sake of rules? Sounds like an absolute f***ing farce. 

Edited by Hedgecutter