Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Any joy with this Bonksy? Easycunt are still sending me emails about my flight as if I haven’t asked for a refund despite me doing it online. On the app it’s still saying refund being processed but no money. Come on Stelios you big hairy b*****d, gies ma £300.

Not heard from either EasyJet or Jet2. I paid with my credit card so should be able to get my money back that way if worse comes to worse. What a total c**t taking that massive dividend and not refunding people with cancelled flights. If you search ‘easyJet refund’ on Twitter there’s hundreds of folk in a similar position.

12 minutes ago, beefybake said:

It was 'the media' having a little bit of revenge on Cummings.  He despises journalists, reporters. He also was really fond of the 'herd immunity' theory,

which seemed to be to do nothing much, almost everybody should get a dose, then 'the herd' gradually gains immunity.  Then the latest, greatest

academic computer model came along ( Imperial College ) which predicted that 500,000 would die. 

And so, the implied joke was that, for someone so casual about the deaths of others, it was interesting to see how he reacted when the plague

( in the form of Johnson catching a dose ) got close to him. 

I'd like that to be true. 

Why they didn't just say the applause was for all our essential workers I'll never know, save all this petty shite !

The appropriate expression is "above and beyond the call of duty".  You were doing your duty (or job if you prefer) and yes it was important and valuable work and yes you might have been putting your life at risk at time.  Same could said about firemen, policemen, pilots and any number of other professions.
How the NHS staff are performing an essential service right now.  They could stay at home to avoid the risk of infection but they are not.  In a lot of cases they are not paid a lot but they still do it.
That is what they are being applauded for.

Was his name Chuck?
I'd love this to be true though, I'm a member of an ex-pat forum mostly with American members - a bigger bunch of sexist, homophobic and racist people you'd be hard pushed to find.
And before anybody adds, no I don't fit in well!

Australians appear to run the Septics close, but they probably do edge it.

Can't imagine it's true, even the Chinese patient zero is probably been picked up by Western press and exaggerated. Although the person exists and was at least one of the first 27 treated.

Disease update. Again woke up fine still have a faint headache rattling around that paracetamol soon sorts. 

No aches no pains and no lack of energy. Coughing is entering the wet stage and I hocked up an impressive bit of bright green flem this very morning.

Still sleeping for 10 hours when I'm used to 6 or 7.

The lack of taste and smell are stil quite prominent the only thing I can tell is if something has a bit of spice but I couldn't tell you how much for all I know I could be eating fire and it wouldn't sting.

Last night I drank water, lager, coffee, fizzy juice and diluting juice it all tasted of nothing🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Was his name Chuck?

I'd love this to be true though, I'm a member of an ex-pat forum mostly with American members - a bigger bunch of sexist, homophobic and racist people you'd be hard pushed to find.

And before anybody adds, no I don't fit in well!

Cheryl Cole Okay GIF - CherylCole Okay Awkward - Discover & Share GIFs

Just to chip in on the entire round of applause stuff. I didn’t participate but have no problem with those that did. If it made some frontline staff feel better, then all good.
My problem is with the fucking gobshites on Facebook advertising the fact that they participated as if somehow this makes them more caring.
One woman in particular who since this all started has suggested (all on Facebook)....
1. A food swap page where people can get rid of unwanted food & swap for stuff they would prefer. This would be all well & good if the virus wasn’t transferable on food containers & it didn’t involve unnecessary travel. This idea was shot down pretty quickly.
2. A massive outdoor play date for the kids of dozens of families for the first day after the schools announced closure. First reply was - “Don’t be so fucking stupid”

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Sporting/Shooting estates now greeting because "that Sturgeon" has excluded them from business support payments.

OR maybe it's because they're based on rateable value. Rates I believe that the same estates fought tooth and nail to avoid paying.

ROFLCOPTER.

They've also got Phil designing their memes.
FB_IMG_1585392471753.jpg

14592E88-5235-40A5-92D8-4DECEDB1C0AF.gif.6390ec29d190ed1b39078468641b327c.gif14592E88-5235-40A5-92D8-4DECEDB1C0AF.gif.6390ec29d190ed1b39078468641b327c.gif14592E88-5235-40A5-92D8-4DECEDB1C0AF.gif.6390ec29d190ed1b39078468641b327c.gif

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Sluts fell to a late money shot slammed home from eight inches...

Ach, shite. I had 50p on 2-1 Sluts. Maybe my next one will come up trumps on Bet365. I’ve stuck £1 on the next person walking past my window will have a beagle. Mrs Poz has went for the old favourite, cockapoo at 4/1. Wish me luck.

12 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Australians appear to run the Septics close, but they probably do edge it.

Can't imagine it's true, even the Chinese patient zero is probably been picked up by Western press and exaggerated. Although the person exists and was at least one of the first 27 treated.

I found this quite convincing, from an English teacher in Wuhan who claimed he caught it in November.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8075633/First-British-victim-25-describes-coronavirus.html

Do you not find as an expat in the last 15 years, the embassies and their services have generally turned to shit to the point now it's nearly worthless speaking to them?

I wouldn't really call myself an expat, I'm just an immigrant.

I've not really had much contact with our embassies, mainly because I assume they'll be useless so I don't bother.
I did get some very pleasant service from a local woman working at the UK embassy in Dushanbe last summer though, so perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to tar them all.

In general embassies are staffed by surly jobsworths who look down on the (non-minted) public at every opportunity. One notable exception was the Mongol consulate in Irkutsk which was basically someone's house. They sat me on the sofa and made me some tea. The Mongols, great bunch of lads.

35 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Not heard from either EasyJet or Jet2. I paid with my credit card so should be able to get my money back that way if worse comes to worse. What a total c**t taking that massive dividend and not refunding people with cancelled flights. If you search ‘easyJet refund’ on Twitter there’s hundreds of folk in a similar position.

Indeed. I’m not holding my breath.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Ach, shite. I had 50p on 2-1 Sluts. Maybe my next one will come up trumps on Bet365. I’ve stuck £1 on the next person walking past my window will have a beagle. Mrs Poz has went for the old favourite, cockapoo at 4/1. Wish me luck.

I heard she was partial to a cockertoo or 4 on 1.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Flog all your bog roll on Ebay and put it all on FC Minsk at home to Dinamo Minsk. Nap at 21/10 with McBookie. I'm taking over from the resident expert on Ukrainian football. :whistle

£10 on FC Minsk draw no bet, free money imo.