Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Anyway, who wants a new conspiracy theory? Omicron lab leak 2.0.

https://bprice.substack.com/p/lab-leak-20

I have no idea who this guy is and I have done no verification or fact checking at all. He could very well be a certified lunatic.

I do think it was made in China as it has fallen apart and doesn't work as well after 2 years as per all the other rubbish that comes from there. 

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Didn’t she just say 1 in 40 ? 

then tell us a few minutes later it’s 1 in 20 ?

1 in 40 to the week 23rd December

1 in 20 to the week 31st December

1 in 40 to the week 23rd December
1 in 20 to the week 31st December

So it’ll be 1 in 10 by 07/01 and then it’ll be everyone by 14/01 then eh. Happy days.

Cause that’ll be a more accurate indicator than actual testing numbers of approx 1% of the population EVERY DAY.

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Are we getting the split between with and because of today, or was that just rumoured? 

Whitty showed it on one of his graphs yesterday for England.  Think it was a third of folk in hospital there with Covid weren't admitted for Covid.

And nearly all who were admitted for it haven't had any vaccines.

"Even if Covid is not the primary reason people are in hospital, the fact they have Covid means enhanced measures are required in hospitals."

A valid point. But one that is preparing us for the numbers in hospital because of Covid being low. And the inevitable reaction that, that will bring.

34 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Another thing is Omicron with its nasty ability to spread faster than someone with it not noticing until they have tested positive should be ripping through the care homes by now, even with the strongest measures taken in prevention there should be at least two or three homes in trouble by now. I've not seen anything on any news feeds on this apart from a shortage of staff due to having to isolate having tested positive of course. Usually we would be told if there was a large number of positive cases, but silence.

Read this which is encouraging - https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/19825327.glasgow-care-home-boss-says-nonsense-ban-visiting/

Unless the it hasn't happened yet which I seriously doubt, it should show how much of a threat so far Omicron is to our most vulnerable. I really hope I'm right here.

Has this been brought up yet by our FM?

My Dad's care home currently closed to visitors and has been for a week now. My dad is amongst the residents who currently have Covid. Prior to this there had been one or two cases in total over the whole pandemic. It's reasuuring that so far none of the residents are unwell due to Covid which is presumably due to them being vaccinated and boostered.