Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Surely the sight of Scotland rugby fans going down to just say St James park or old Trafford or wherever decides to play the games in large numbers would just show the government what a total farce they have made of this 😂

I'm not sure if the internet could cope with this, given the meltdown over two lassies going for a drink in Carlisle.

Reducing the isolation time is a clear acknowledgement in and of itself that Omicron is less to worry about, and that transmission and case numbers are less critical, otherwise the inherent risk of doing it would be unpalatable on a public health basis.

Doing that whislt simultaneously keeping bullshit restrictions would be the wildest of the wild.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

If it goes ahead in England with fans it will rank up there as one of the most farcical episodes of the pandemic. 

Yeah, especially with the main excuse they use for not having fans at games is because of folk packed into trains and buses.

On 04/01/2022 at 07:37, SlipperyP said:

@dirty dingus Please check out what is happening here, if you don't know already.

Thai Government are meeting today....

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2241455/test-go-to-remain-on-ice-for-month

As from 10th Jan, you have to entre by quarantine or via the Phuket Sandbox only

Aye seen that, no official announcement till Friday so still holding out a little hope they have a change of heart as I'm meant to fly on 13th. It's pish too because you can't transit through Bangkok and have to fly direct to Phuket to do the sandbox, heard there was talk of other sandbox places including Koh Chang which would suit me. Will wait to see what they say tomorrow but not doing quarantine in BK. f**k that, heard its torture. 

6 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Did the Scotland National Team not base themselves in England during the Euros because of the repercussions of testing positive if based in Scotland?

I think it was because another country had already booked wherever it was Scotland had in mind up here 

coudl be wrong though . But don’t think that decision was down to anything Covid related 

Edited by Forever_blueco

8 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Did the Scotland National Team not base themselves in England during the Euros because of the repercussions of testing positive if based in Scotland?

I think it was more down to being one of the last to qualify.

BBC saying that suspension for PCR of positive asymptomatic LFTs might be introduced in devolved administrations before 11th in England. 

Just make sure you upload your positive LFT.......

As someone said earlier this does sound like the first step back to normality and putting the emphasis on individuals, surely no chance of a call from the track and trace people with that system. 

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I think it was because another country had already booked wherever it was Scotland had in mind up here 

coudl be wrong though . But don’t think that decision was down to anything Covid related 

Croatia and the Czech Republic were meant to be based on Scotland for the Euros but both decided against it due to the Covid rules that were in place.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7188329/scotland-euro-2020-croatia-training-base-czech-republic/

BBC saying that suspension for PCR of positive asymptomatic LFTs might be introduced in devolved administrations before 11th in England. 
Just make sure you upload your positive LFT.......
As someone said earlier this does sound like the first step back to normality and putting the emphasis on individuals, surely no chance of a call from the track and trace people with that system. 
Yeah this.

On the basis that two years of pure fearmongering dictates there will never be a moment where they just say "right thats it". Instead, things just get stripped away bit by bit meaning that only the batshit mental will jump through the hoops required to keep covid relevant.

21 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

It was both Croatia and Czech Republic.  The isolation rules at the time would have meant the entire team isolating in Scotland, so they cancelled their bases at Oriam and St Andrews to stay in their respective countries and travel for the games.  

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Another thing is Omicron with its nasty ability to spread faster than someone with it not noticing until they have tested positive should be ripping through the care homes by now, even with the strongest measures taken in prevention there should be at least two or three homes in trouble by now. I've not seen anything on any news feeds on this apart from a shortage of staff due to having to isolate having tested positive of course. Usually we would be told if there was a large number of positive cases, but silence.

Read this which is encouraging - https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/19825327.glasgow-care-home-boss-says-nonsense-ban-visiting/

Unless the it hasn't happened yet which I seriously doubt, it should show how much of a threat so far Omicron is to our most vulnerable. I really hope I'm right here.

Has this been brought up yet by our FM?

There was an outbreak near me.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/3801111/northcote-lodge-covid/

1 hour ago, AMMjag said:

"Yeah that would really help because that would spread infection even further and that would be not doing anything for businesses!"

Maybe it's now a different virus to what, a fortnight ago?

Reducing the isolation from 10 days to 7 is not before time.

Asymptomatic covid sufferers will test negative on their day 5 & 6 Lateral flow tests and are not much of a risk to carry on spreading the virus anyway.  Maybe 5% chance I believe.

Unfortunately anyone with a runny nose will still likely test positive and be stuck with the 10 days. 

The main game changer that hopefully will also come is binning this ridiculous need to self isolate when you are fully jagged don't even have the virus in a family bubble. For the life of me I do not see why this should continue after todays briefing.