Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

I see loads of people slag off Hermes but our guy is brand new.  Always got biscuits for the dogs and I have a chat with him about the football.  If we don’t answer the door he knows to fire the stuff into the greenhouse.

I have to agree. Our Hermes guy is brand new. If he we're not in the parcels are fired into the kid's playhouse in the back garden.

Yup. I'd completely rubbered LFTs until Xmas Eve as we were going to be staying at mum's for Xmas. She's 77, not in particularly good health and already has a respiratory issue. Testing positive was obviously a fucking gutter, but IMO the right thing to do. Self isolating with beer and loads of cheesecake hasn't been a total fucking disaster either. 

Aye I’m the same. The gf and myself have spent Christmas with a lot of people who are classed as vulnerable and on balance it’s easier to take a test and establish I don’t have it than attempting to explain why they shouldn’t worry.

No, I just seem to have a better understanding of the innate selfishness in all humans than you do.
I meant to add that there is absolutely no doubt that a significant number of those testing their arses off are hoping for a few government-sanctioned days off at the end of the year.
But you continue to believe you live in world full of unicorns where there's a clear delineation between "good people" and "bad people" if you want.

Pure projection. Quite funny though.

51 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I meant to add that there is absolutely no doubt that a significant number of those testing their arses off are hoping for a few government-sanctioned days off at the end of the year.

You can self cert for 28 days so why would anyone wanting to take a few days off bother testing?

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You can self cert for 28 days so why would anyone wanting to take a few days off bother testing?

One reason could be if you are hourly paid SSP kicks in immediately (as opposed to on the 4th missed day) with a positive covid test.

Yup. I'd completely rubbered LFTs until Xmas Eve as we were going to be staying at mum's for Xmas. She's 77, not in particularly good health and already has a respiratory issue. Testing positive was obviously a fucking gutter, but IMO the right thing to do. Self isolating with beer and loads of cheesecake hasn't been a total fucking disaster either. 

Like you my main reason for using LFTs is the contacts I have with elderly relatives who have health issues.

Personally I'm not scared of Covid just wary of being caught out and having to self-isolate - the tightening up at the start of December hasn't helped. I'm already a staff member down (on maternity) - the incompetents at DCC took till 3 weeks after she went on leave to advertise for cover - no surprise that we didn't get anyone. Juggling classes for the last 2 months hasn't been fun but would be worse if I too had to self-isolate.

I'm sure there will be others in a similar position - the knock-on effect on businesses of constant self-isolation must be horrendous.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The absolute nerve of this weirdo to use a (quite obvious) data reporting lag to attempt to highlight that deaths have suddenly rocketed.

I'm adamant the reason Deepti is so obsessed with and bringing up 'long covid' is because there isn't (and will never be) any concrete evidence on the numbers suffering.

Her recent and regular use of the word hopium is pretty classless as well. God forbid people don't look at everything as a doomsday scenario. 

Still waiting for my PCR results which is now over 3 days. Had a look at the government website and they if you haven't had results in 6 days then phone 119 - what is the point in that as I would more likely be a negative by then.
It is already fucking with my mental health having to isolate over new year alone
I wouldn't wait that long. I had a PCR in September on a Sunday morning after being flagged up as a close contact. Phoned the number on the test receipt card on the Tuesday, turned out the clueless bint who had booked me in hadn't logged the test against my name properly, so the test result was in the system but didn't have a name tagged to it. Got the results 30 seconds after the phone call ended.

Has anyone else tested positive but the folk they've been in contact with test negative? I spent last weekend with about 8 family members (at least one day of which I was riddled) and slept in the same bed as my girlfriend for 2 nights.  Every single one of them is testing negative on LFTs in spite of the fact only one (we know of) has had it before.
I'm beginning to think I'm pretty shit at this whole super spreader thing.
My wife and daughter have both had Covid months apart from each other, and I tested negative on both occasions.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You are the living embodiment of the old Chinese saying that a wise person speaks because he has something to say and a fool speaks because he has to say something. 😆

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Why are you giving him biscuits that are for your dog? 😜

🤣

No, I just seem to have a better understanding of the innate selfishness in all humans than you do.
But you continue to believe you live in world full of unicorns where there's a clear delineation between "good people" and "bad people" if you want.
f**k off. How dare you question someone whose only reason for testing was to protect their elderly relatives.

No one is more up their own arse in this thread and that is saying something. If someone is doing something, anything that they feel they is required to keep THEIR family safe that is f**k all to do with you and how a total Walter Mitty like yourself feels justified in criticising that is beyond me. You really come across as a grade 1 cock.

Not hard to see how you were driven out of BWA onto here and to be roaster in chief on that site really takes some doing.

Away to the pub today. Got a room booked to ourselves for the sky matches for a friends birthday. It’s a surprise but because he has a shite immune system we’ve agreed to do LFT’s before going in. No skin of my nose and as expected I’m negative. So I’m away to get ready to get pissed.