Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I see the thread's moved on from continually quoting the Telegraph and the Spectator to the likes of fucking Agent P. :lol:

The Telegraph and Spectator have objectively had very good output over the course of the pandemic. None of this will matter to dyed-in-the-wool sycophants like yourself, though.

Anti-SNP = bad!!111

43 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I tested positive on an LFT last night with absolutely no symptoms, just took it after our work strong advised them after going back after Christmas. 

It probably does go a decent enough way to explaining why cases are through the roof. I was out and about with my girlfriend in a couple of bars on Monday none the wiser and had absolutely no idea, testing negative on Friday for the family's sake. 

I tested positive this morning as had to do an LFT for work. Did you manage to get a PCR test booked? Can't get a PCR in Aberdeen. 

Edited by betting competition

3 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I tested positive this morning as had to do an LFT for work. Did you manage to get a PCR test booked? Can't get a PCR in Aberdeen. 

Yeah I've got one for this afternoon in Dundee, booked it about 7pm last night. 

I'm nhs so ticked the essential worker box or whatever it is, I dunno it that has an impact or if its just different regions with different testing capacities. 

11 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye, Lady Di. The People's Princess. There are some superb Facebook tribute pages to her. Utterly bizarre levels of obsession with someone nobody on the group has ever met.

That's definitely OFTW behaviour. Although she seems to have had that sort of impact on loads of folk. 

Much as I'm not in the mindset of defending Diana, what did she ever do to deserve being lumped in with that horrible, evil old b*****d Mother Teresa?

Tom is clearly one of these folk who swallow any old shite about a public figure. The fact that the name 'Mother Teresa' is a modern synonym for someone who is benevolent and pure of heart is fucking hilarious.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What nonsense.

No such thing will happen and I can't believe many people at all, think it might.

Ehh..... Yeah I get that its unlikely in the cold light of day mate. Fear isnt always rational though. 

Irrational fear is the prevailing narrative in Scotland though. Its hardly any wonder folk are concerned how far they will go. 

How thick are people btw?

Scotland's (and Wales and N.I.) official case numbers for the last 4 days are 0, 0, 0 & 0 yet people use graphs like this in an attempt to show that BJ is wrong and the likes of NS's restrictions have caused "7 day average cases" to plummet.

It's stupidity at best; dishonest, confirmation-bias fuelled nationalist propaganda at worst.

The exact same tactic used when the reporting issue caused the graph to look like this for a day.

20211229_122015.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ehh..... Yeah I get that its unlikely in the cold light of day mate. Fear isnt always rational though. 

Irrational fear is the prevailing narrative in Scotland though. Its hardly any wonder folk are concerned how far they will go. 

Aye, you’ve certainly lost any rationality you once had.  It’s a bit of a shame.

Which is why using terms like shan virus doesn't help matters either.

Like it or not there is a significant proportion of the population who are very scared - some with good reason because they do have underlying health issues - others because of the relentless battering from the media.

Empathy, understanding and not getting angry are more likely to change those people's minds than shouting at them or calling them stupid.

We've gone through, as a family, our own ups and downs the past few days due to different opinions and personal choices - thankfully we resolved our differences and everyone is now speaking to each other.

It won't be the same elsewhere - and I can guarantee that some families have fallen out big time over this issue during the festive period.

It's a crying shame the negative effect this whole pandemic has done to relationships in some families.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye, you’ve certainly lost any rationality you once had.  It’s a bit of a shame.

It's somewhat ironic that you'll spend hours running around the politics sub demanding folk ignore moronic trolls like Spongeheid and the latest Stormzy alias, yet here you are indulging in the exact same trolling behaviour on here.

Weird. 

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

It's somewhat ironic that you'll spend hours running around the politics sub demanding folk ignore moronic trolls like Spongeheid and the latest Stormzy alias, yet here you are indulging in the exact same trolling behaviour on here.

Weird. 

Hes been like this with me various times after calling him out on stuff over the years. 

This old man has nothing to say and takes plenty of time saying it. 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Weird. 

Yeah, I suppose there’s an element of trolling.  But IMO it’s a reasonable response given that rational opinion on this thread is no longer tolerated whilst outrageous points are encouraged and applauded.

I am with you on this, however I think the Soft Yes/On the fence group are currently a firm 'No'.

She’s definitely overplayed her hand here. It perhaps doesn’t matter to the party faithful but to the undecided and soft yes who will make the difference, the alarm bells are ringing.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hes been like this with me various times after calling him out on stuff over the years. 

This old man has nothing to say and takes plenty of time saying it. 

I can only assume that you have little going for you IRL that you attach such an overinflated importance to how you’re perceived on a primarily football related Internet forum.

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

She’s definitely overplayed her hand here. It perhaps doesn’t matter to the party faithful but to the undecided and soft yes who will make the difference, the alarm bells are ringing.

Do you have any evidence to support this.  Opinion polls carried out very recently suggest otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

As much as I think she is making a rip roaring c**t of the current situation, it doesn’t appear to be damaging support for independence. If anything I have seen more people who previously disliked the notion come out in support of her and what she is doing than the opposite. Plenty of people who support independence have always disliked her and the SNP, that has been highlighted as well but is very different to putting people off independence altogether.