Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's this obsession with "CHRISTMAS" that they all have, nothing else matters. So basically you can go infecting each other like Hell for the next 5 days but when the 26th comes in all bets are off and then, but ONLY then, we MUST "follow the science" !!

Don't be fooled though, it might be the Welsh and Scottish who have started this garbage but rest assured the bold Boris will follow suit once the holy grail of "CHRISTMAS" has passed........

I actually think Boris might be guaging the reaction from Wales and Scotland . Right now Nicola is getting hounded . If Boris rides this out until omicrom is seen as the massive over reaction it is certain to be.Then the devolved governments have nothing but eggs on their face and big questions to answer whereas he is the hero for not shutting things down

by Boris I obviously mean whoever is behind him and his planning because he personally has the political intelligence of a wet sponge 

Edited by Forever_blueco

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's this obsession with "CHRISTMAS" that they all have, nothing else matters. So basically you can go infecting each other like Hell for the next 5 days but when the 26th comes in all bets are off and then, but ONLY then, we MUST "follow the science" !!

Don't be fooled though, it might be the Welsh and Scottish who have started this garbage but rest assured the bold Boris will follow suit once the holy grail of "CHRISTMAS" has passed........

Boris seems to be dancing to his own tune at the moment. It's hard to predict what he's going to do. 

If he keeps things open through New Year the media attacks on him will hit another level. 

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

2020:  “OH MY GOD THEY’BE CANCELLED CHRISTMAS” 

2021: “OH MY GOD WHY AREN’T THEY CANCELLING CHRISTMAS?” 

I think it’s those kind of society reactions they are hoping to avoid.

Edited by Jambomo

8 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Well folk can go and watch their local lower league sides to get their fix. I saw Rossvale earlier this season, and it was quite good. 

I think the West of Scotland League is on a break and resumes on 8 January.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Is it 500 fans at football or 0? They cant even get that message out clearly. Tin pot politicians going power hungry with authority. GTF

It's 500 max capacity in the stadium so in effect that all but rules out supporters.

Thats not what the BBC are reporting.

If getting boostered clearly isn't enough, what's the f***ing point in these 'protections' and screwing the nation over if it's not going to be fully eradicated, unless this is simply a "this is what you're getting until you all get the booster c*ntos" affair? 

It's like being treated like an infant who's being told that they can't play with their toys unless they finish the third course of a shite dinner.

Edited by Hedgecutter

17 minutes ago, G51 said:

The near exponential decrease in Omicron cases in Gauteng is one of the oddest things about this variant. It’s disappearing nearly as fast as it appeared.

Not really. There is loads of immunity in places like South Africa and the UK. These things won't just keep going forever. Up for four weeks or so then down in four weeks or so as we enter and exit the worst of winter isn't a surprise.

Boris doing a big lockdown will only intensify the rebellion against him.

Although it could be a way for him to leave and in his own mind save some face.

'I was only keeping the country safe!'

Edited by Scott Steiner