Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ICTChris

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

I'm 10 or so days past a positive PCR and I've been told that I'll continue to test positive for up to 90 days. Right now, I reckon I'd fail any and every test.

Muppet is perfectly fair but I just can't fabricate stuff, I can't play poker.

I did try and start again and they'll let you change enough details but not your covid history (muppet me, agreed). I now know I've signed the death warrant on my own holiday as @Billy Jean King has i think confirmed - and, yes i'm completely fucked off about that - but its 90% money back and revisit again in 3/4 months.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, I relooked at the rules and the LAMP test would only help someone who was unvaccinated recovering from Covid, and as they've now totally banned unvaccinated people from the UK it was useless information. Hard lines m8, maybe have a wee trip to Ullapool or Paris to keep you going till your next attempt. The 90 days is an exaggeration btw, especially with LAMP, and usually you're only asked if you were tested positive in the last 14 days. Which means you could rebook for a week or so, we double vaxxed elite don't have to mess around with fit to fly testing after all!

Just to clarify that answer, you could probably postpone your holiday for a couple of days and pass the Spanish landing form algorithm, just make sure it's 15 days after your negative test that you declared in your first one.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If it was me I'd redo the landing form and just be a bit sensibly discrete with the actualite this time, you muppet, and hope the algorithm pumps you out nice new QR codes.

So the great Moral High Grounder speaks!!!!!

Having finished lecturing the rest of us to do the "decent moral thing" and blindly follow the rules,  you then candidly state that you would personally bullshit on a Landing Form to get a holiday abroad.

Are you starting to see why I'm so scathing about plastic lefties?

Can't trust any of you.

Like I said before. The inherent greed of human beings only needs a bit of self interest to rear it's ugly head.

People like you need to stay the f**k out of others lives.

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

do the "decent moral thing" and blindly follow the rules

I'm fairly sure I've never said that. All I've suggested is it's not worth getting hysterical over being asked to wash your hands at an optician or to wear a mask in a shop or bus. You can argue how much use it is but I'm sure it's not zero, especially to the bus driver with thousands of passengers every day. I apply common sense to the rules, when I was told last year I shouldn't drive more than 5 miles for a walk, sometimes I'd go 7. If I was going to Spain and they asked if I'd had a negative covid test in the last 14 days, and I'd had one 12 days ago, and fully recovered, I'd say no. If I'd tested positive in the week before I wouldn't even think about going. 

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

FTFY.

Of course. Common sense is seriously lacking on this thread, far too many absolutes. Covid is a maze you have manoeuvre through, not a set of walls of certainty to bash your head against. 

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

I welcome any and all treatments for it. 

You don’t make your argument any stronger by referring to a virus which has killed 145,000 in the UK as a “nothing virus”.  

Do you know how many people have died from influenza in human history?

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Of course. Common sense is seriously lacking on this thread, far too many absolutes. Covid is a maze you have manoeuvre through, not a set of walls of certainty to bash your head against. 

Certainly looking forward to you next getting on your soapbox and calling anyone out for anything.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Do you know how many people have died from influenza in human history?

I would both welcome any treatments for influenza, and also not refer to it is as a “nothing virus”. Not sure where you are going with this.

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm fairly sure I've never said that. All I've suggested is it's not worth getting hysterical over being asked to wash your hands at an optician or to wear a mask in a shop or bus. You can argue how much use it is but I'm sure it's not zero, especially to the bus driver with thousands of passengers every day. I apply common sense to the rules, when I was told last year I shouldn't drive more than 5 miles for a walk, sometimes I'd go 7. If I was going to Spain and they asked if I'd had a negative covid test in the last 14 days, and I'd had one 12 days ago, and fully recovered, I'd say no. If I'd tested positive in the week before I wouldn't even think about going. 

Not sure what additional risk you’d pose to others here but I’m sure it’s not zero.

14 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Not sure what additional risk you’d pose to others here but I’m sure it’s not zero.

You could say the same about 15 days, it's about balance. They have to fix a number somewhere, so 5 miles travel last year didn't make 4 miles safe or 7 miles deadly, it was a benchmark. I'm not really trying to justify this thing I haven't done, I'm just saying there's no need to throw your common sense away over an arbitrary number on a form.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You could say the same about 15 days, it's about balance. They have to fix a number somewhere, so 5 miles travel last year didn't make 4 miles safe or 7 miles deadly, it was a benchmark. 

Same as washing your hands a thousand times a day or wearing a mask then.  Their balance and where the set their benchmark by choosing not to do it is obviously OK going by your logic.

You hypocritical c**t.

Edited by Left Back

33 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I would both welcome any treatments for influenza, and also not refer to it is as a “nothing virus”. Not sure where you are going with this.

Things we have effective vaccines and treatments for that ultimately will continue to lead to death by natural causes in some very old people is a mundane part of the human experience.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You mean in the last hundred thousand years or so? Hundreds.

jose.png

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Same as washing your hands a thousand times a day or wearing a mask then.  Their balance and where the set their benchmark by choosing not to do it is obviously OK going by your logic.

You hypocritical c**t.

c**t's fine but I don't see the hypocrisy. One minute I'm accused of being a simp following the rules blindly, the next I'm accused of being a hypocritical c**t for interpreting them with a bit of common sense.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You could say the same about 15 days, it's about balance. They have to fix a number somewhere, so 5 miles travel last year didn't make 4 miles safe or 7 miles deadly, it was a benchmark. I'm not really trying to justify this thing I haven't done, I'm just saying there's no need to throw your common sense away over an arbitrary number on a form.

Correct. They. Not you.

I find it absolutely astonishing that you've spent the last 20 months staunchly defending against all criticism everything the SG have "fixed somewhere" to the hilt like a pathetic simp, making out that everyone who doesn't agree with them is a selfish c**t, yet whenever said "fixed somewhere" doesn't suit you then its suddenly ok just to ignore it and apply common sense.

😂😂😂

Just like every weirdo celebrity scientist before you, given enough time you have shown you are just as much of a hypocritical arsehole as they are.

Off you pop.

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Things we have effective vaccines and treatments for that ultimately will continue to lead to death by natural causes in some very old people is a mundane part of the human experience.

jose.png

OK mate.  Whatever gets you through the night.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

c**t's fine but I don't see the hypocrisy. One minute I'm accused of being a simp following the rules blindly, the next I'm accused of being a hypocritical c**t for interpreting them with a bit of common sense.

You’re a hypocrite because you criticise others for not following the rules blindly.  Your normal line is “it’s not difficult or a hassle”.

You thick hypocritical c**t.

42 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You’re a hypocrite because you criticise others for not following the rules blindly.  Your normal line is “it’s not difficult or a hassle”.

You thick hypocritical c**t.

I don't think I've ever criticised anyone for not following the rules, I've criticised them for constantly whining about them and reacting hysterically to every bit of news, instead of getting on with life like a grown up. There was a Hibs fan who made an excellent post about how he copes with London mask rules a few days ago, well worth a read for some of you.*

*reposted below

Edited by welshbairn