Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Every graph I've seen today and yesterday shows Omicron is fading already, yet were absolutely undoubtedly getting more restrictions/lockdown.

Does seem to have rattled through quite fast only thing is are people not getting tested as it's close to Christmas? 

I don't really think it makes all that difference because if you're not ill then you are unlikely to get tested but that could explain a lower and earlier peak of test positivity?

My mother in law has fully lost the plot. Now told my mrs she’s not allowed to meet up with any of her friends from back home when we’re there and can’t go out to hospitality even if it’s open. My in laws don’t drink and spend much of Christmas sat watching dreadful tv. 

She is also checking our flight across to see if it’s sold out, suspect if it was she’d ask us to find different ones. 

She’s already tried to stop us going to a wedding of one of my close friends, she’d shit the bed if she knew I was planning on going to Easter road in addition to her ludicrous desire for us to test ourselves. 

All because they refuse to miss out on seeing our daughter, if it wasn’t for her we’d be told it to come. 

My wife really wants to go but I’ve told her if this continues I’m just telling her if she’s that fucking worried about covid we’ll stay at home. 

This is what happens when such ludicrous language is used by NS etc. a triple vaccinated person absolutely paralysed by fear of this thing. 

Edited by Dons_1988

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Does seem to have rattled through quite fast only thing is are people not getting tested as it's close to Christmas? 

I don't really think it makes all that difference because if you're not ill then you are unlikely to get tested but that could explain a lower and earlier peak of test positivity?

That would only widen the gap between cases and hospitalisation.

The public should be absolutely seething that the Government have completely shat the bed on this out of little more than arrogance. The info about disease severity was there for all to see, yet because we didn't have any data from here it was dismissed.

Yet again the good guys on the general nonsense forum have absolutely wiped the floor with our supposed experts and advisors.

We need a complete clear out of these useless arseholes.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

My mother in law has fully lost the plot. Now told my mrs she’s not allowed to meet up with any of her friends from back home when we’re there and can’t go out to hospitality even if it’s open. My in laws don’t drink and spend much of Christmas sat watching dreadful tv. 

She is also checking our flight across to see if it’s sold out, suspect if it was she’d ask us to find different ones. 

She’s already tried to stop us going to a wedding of one of my close friends, she’d shit the bed if she knew I was planning on going to Easter road in addition to her ludicrous desire for us to test ourselves. 

All because they refuse to miss out on seeing our daughter, if it wasn’t for her we’d be told it to come. 

My wife really wants to go but I’ve told her if this continues I’m just telling her if she’s that fucking worried about covid we’ll stay at home. 

^^^ @Dons_1988's father-in-law IMO

33 minutes ago, 101 said:

WHO saying all holiday celebrations should be cancelled, feel they are a bit behind the curve as per.

Just how detached are the 'public health' legends from reality? Do they not know such absurdity will be roundly ignored? Either way, it shows you that they have long since lost the room.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is what happens when such ludicrous language is used by NS etc. a triple vaccinated person absolutely paralysed by fear of this thing. 

I'd have binned visiting this arsehole already by now. Jesus fucking christ. 

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'd have binned visiting this arsehole already by now. Jesus fucking christ. 

We actually did diplomatically put it to her that maybe we should put it off until January if she’s that uncomfortable. 

“no, it’s the little ones first Xmas. You have to come.”

We actually did diplomatically put it to her that maybe we should put it off until January if she’s that uncomfortable. 
“no, it’s the little ones first Xmas. You have to come.”

Then show up, with a blanket wrapped around you, fake coughing and sneezing and say “it’s the little ones first Christmas” before saying you need to do an LFT.

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

The WHO with this cracker this morning;

“An event cancelled is better than a life cancelled”

Tbh, I think I’d prefer a cancelled life at this stage if it’s a straight choice.

Pete's lyrics have really gone downhill. 

28 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I knew I fucking hated Wales for a reason. Bed shitting c***s.

They’ve given this excuse.

Unionist Brexiteer cunts too.  Plaid Cymru have no chance there.