Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Mind that brief spell of Polis checking the "neccessity" of what folk were coming out of shops with. emoji23.png

There was a few reports in the Daily Mail, from shoppers leaving B&M’s (in Newcastle & around Tyne & Wear from memory). Snoopers taking photos of folk leaving the stores with “non essential goods”  from memory. What a time to be alive!

16 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Correct.

It'll be a blanket ban on fans at all levels.

You said this last time and you were wrong, and I'd expect you to be wrong again. If they bring in capacity restrictions again then it will be for all "outdoor events" rather than anything specific for football. Therefore, unless they ban all outdoor events (and who knows at this point), they are going to have some limit similar to what was in place from May-September.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

Glenn Campbell hinting at restrictions for large events like Hogmanay and sporting events to be considered tomorrow.

Will be too much to ask for them to wait until the Premiership winter break in a week and a half of course.

The fallout if she closes parkhead for the 2nd would almost make it worth it to be honest 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think there was a couple of isolated incidents, don’t think that was ever widespread.

I do remember wales making supermarkets close off non essential sections that included tampons in Tesco :lol:

We were in Matalan in Bishopbriggs exactly a year ago and that was when we had similar stuff going on in Scotland. I clearly recall we could buy tinsel, Santa Claus hats and decorations as they were homeware but 100% they taped off clothing, so you couldn’t buy a pair of pants as that was “non essential”.

In places near my home in Stirling, I could go to any supermarket and buy greetings cards and any other shite, however small independent shops selling same stuff were closed for months. 

Edited by deegee

Leitch made comments yesterday about outdoors events being low risk - something about not being concerned about how many folk were at Hampden but more about how they got there. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like what the Irish have done with 50% capacities.

The question is about the finances to support the people who find themselves not working as a result.

Surely they must be to tell that compliance will be signficantly lower when it comes to household mixing. If you shut businesses, people will just go to each other's homes thus reducing any impact of closing sections of the economies.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I generally have to work over christmas and new year, the mrs does except the public holidays and her place is working with 1/4 of the staff it actually needs, my mums a nurse and has to work it too, with shift work I dont get a great deal of time with my wee boy, so we thought the best way to mark us not having a proper christmas would be to get to Florida and have a bit of sunshine in late january, all booked, disney tickets sorted and the wee man talking about it every day how excited he is.
To be honest im also under an incredible amount of stress at work with absences and people still expecting no impact on service, to the point I spent the weekend at work with an infected broken tooth, sitting in absolute agony because I didnt want to let anyone down with other people being off. Its compounded by quite a lot of other public services also experiencing strain papping off their issues over here.
The one thing getting me through was the thought of getting to f**k next month and leaving it all behind. 
To read that they are proposing to halt travel again ‘just for that month’ is yet another boot in the balls. I genuinely think im going to explode with stress and the prospect of no time off until May (ie 8 months with no real break) is absolutely killing me to the point I think i’ll need to go and speak to someone. 
They still cant tell us what their end game is, they still cant tell us what the justification is, im done with it. Completely done. Apologies for the rant im just scunnered.  

We have all had our rants and breakdowns over last two years . I would still take the time off you have planned and I’m guessing the ban on travel will be international so the option of going elsewhere in Scotland may still be there . As appealing as Scotland in January is I know but just shutting away for a period of time can still help a great deal . Even just taking the time off to chill at home could still do wonders for your stress levels .

It would be outstanding if cases were to fall in London for the next week or so with little to no impact on the NHS. Those in charge only seem to be referencing whatever data suits their narrative but there's surely no way they could ignore what's going on almost literally in their own back yard.

If this is the case it should show politicians and the "experts" that no further restrictions are necessary. However, these people never seem to be able to admit to being wrong so I'd expect some restrictions at the very least just because.

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

We have all had our rants and breakdowns over last two years . I would still take the time off you have planned and I’m guessing the ban on travel will be international so the option of going elsewhere in Scotland may still be there . As appealing as Scotland in January is I know but just shutting away for a period of time can still help a great deal . Even just taking the time off to chill at home could still do wonders for your stress levels .

Unfortunately due to how my role works Im generally interrupted on my time off for court appearances if im not out of the country, that means you spend your day (or more if its a solemn trial) in the office waiting to give evidence. This quickly turns into ‘whilst youre here could you do x,y,z’. I’ll still try and take a week off if there are no citations but any more will be a waste tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

We have booked (last summer) a “once in a lifetime” fortnight in February to the Caribbean; week in hotel in Barbados with a week luxury cruise type thing. Couple of family reasons why we booked this but regardless it’s now starting to look unlikely to happen. A few days in a Scottish bed & breakfast in mid winter, however nice they may be, wouldn’t be a substitute tbh. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Unfortunately due to how my role works Im generally interrupted on my time off for court appearances if im not out of the country, that means you spend your day (or more if its a solemn trial) in the office waiting to give evidence. This quickly turns into ‘whilst youre here could you do x,y,z’. I’ll still try and take a week off if there are no citations but any more will be a waste tbh. 

As opposed to a happy one?

Local shop near me has the 12 people at a time bit of A4 paper on the door. Felt like I had wandered right back to April 2020 when I went in after work . Clearly just for show and box ticking as the shop was rammed with the the Usual between 5 and 6 rush of folk popping in after finishing work 

Edited by Forever_blueco

7 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Leitch made comments yesterday about outdoors events being low risk - something about not being concerned about how many folk were at Hampden but more about how they got there. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like what the Irish have done with 50% capacities.

The question is about the finances to support the people who find themselves not working as a result.

Surely they must be to tell that compliance will be signficantly lower when it comes to household mixing. If you shut businesses, people will just go to each other's homes thus reducing any impact of closing sections of the economies.

Chat seemed to be around lack of emergency service support for bigger events, presumably because of sickies etc.

Would think/hope that we’re not quite at that stage yet though. And they could use the winter break without impacting the games with the bigger attendances, but Sturgeon hates football fans so…

10 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Given it will be crashing down again by new year there is absolutely no need to do anything. What would limiting crowds for a bit achieve? 

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Given it will be crashing down again by new year there is absolutely no need to do anything. What would limiting crowds for a bit achieve? 

Cynically I'd suggest that it's because they have to be seen to be doing something, even if it'd make very little difference.  

7 minutes ago, deegee said:

We have booked (last summer) a “once in a lifetime” fortnight in February to the Caribbean; week in hotel in Barbados with a week luxury cruise type thing. Couple of family reasons why we booked this but regardless it’s now starting to look unlikely to happen. A few days in a Scottish bed & breakfast in mid winter, however nice they may be, wouldn’t be a substitute tbh. 

aye that is shite . Have the travel agents or whoever you are booked with made clear what happens if lockdown , restriction on international travel etc come into play ? They are probably just as confused and out the loop as the rest of us just now now to be honest . Hopefully it can be rearranged or even better still go ahead

Edited by Forever_blueco

Just now, Forever_blueco said:

aye that is shite . Have the travel agents or whoever you are booked with made clear what happens if lockdown , restriction on international travel etc come into play ? They arE probably just as confused as the rest of us just now now to be honest . Hopefully it can be rearranged or even better still go ahead

Cheers mate. We are COVID covered with the holiday, whatever that actually means in reality. If cancelled, I guess we’ll just kick the holiday back a year tbh. The agents don’t really have a clue, understandably so we’re not sweating too much until we get to January and will need some clarity either way. 

1 minute ago, deegee said:

Cheers mate. We are COVID covered with the holiday, whatever that actually means in reality. If cancelled, I guess we’ll just kick the holiday back a year tbh. The agents don’t really have a clue, understandably so we’re not sweating too much until we get to January and will need some clarity either way. 

Not in the same wavelength but I’m doing similar with looking to book up for the Dortmund europa league tie and seeing how everything is looking come end of January before committing to anything   . Few of my mates have been left out of pocket by the Lyon ticket carry on a few weeks back so not risking anything for now . 

33 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Local shop near me has the 12 people at a time bit of A4 paper on the door. Felt like I had wandered right back to April 2020 when I went in after work . Clearly just for show and box ticking as the shop was rammed with the the Usual between 5 and 6 rush of folk popping in after finishing work 

I popped into Waitrose in Stirling earlier and noticed TK Max next door has gone full “March 2020” with Max capacity signs and a woman (wearing PPE like it was a nuclear war) counting in customers.

Heads have totally gone in government and whilst retail have had to implement these guidelines, it’s a “message of fear”  causing more harm than good, in my opinion.

Edited by deegee
Blasphemy due to spelling error!

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Not in the same wavelength but I’m doing similar with looking to book up for the Dortmund europa league tie and seeing how everything is looking come end of January before committing to anything   . Few of my mates have been left out of pocket by the Lyon ticket carry on a few weeks back so not risking anything for now . 

You’d be daft to book anything until later next month mate. Lyon was a shambles for your lads, caused mainly with French government mis- messaging but tbh any country has shown the ability to act mental over these variants, even reasonably sane countries like Germany.