Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I genuinely think another lockdown will lead to the death of more people than it will save. I've spoken to two friends in the last week who are on the brink of mental breakdown and I really worry about what happens if they become isolated again. People are ready to give up. I sincerely hope sense finally prevails for once and the info/data from South Africa coupled with the complete lack of worrying hospitalisation or death numbers here will see society opened again to it's fullest.

And please, no more fucking threats to my liberty - you were handed emergency powers to deal with this but those powers are now held above the population like a guillotine. Was there a time period set on these powers and if not, how do we (as in your average Joe Public) get these powers removed?

24 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

As has been said, it's utterly shambolic to introduce restrictions in a week's time.

Either the variant is so transmissible that we see hospitalisations at a level that would overwhelm our health system, notwithstanding its lesser virulence, in which case something needs to be done now, or it isn't.

In which case nothing needs to be done. This preoccupation of grown fucking adults with a religious holiday is laughable.

Ragin!

Oh dear. 

Having come back to this thread today, I'm drawn to the conclusion that loads of folk will be absolutely furious if there AREN'T more restrictions as they won't be able to summon up a good seethe to tide themselves over Christmas. 

The Cabinet meeting is dragging on a bit. They must be well pished by now. 

Oh dear. 
Having come back to this thread today, I'm drawn to the conclusion that loads of folk will be absolutely furious if there AREN'T more restrictions as they won't be able to summon up a good seethe to tide themselves over Christmas. 
The Cabinet meeting is dragging on a bit. They must be well pished by now. 
Its mental how folk like you whine about the bIn FiRe CoViD tHrEaD!!! and unironocally post utter shite like that.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Glad I haven't got my booster yet. It'll give me a reason to leave the house more than once a day.

This is a disgrace on two levels if true.

They are either waiting to see how serious it is, leaving this spectre and stress of another four months of lockdown looming. What if numbers are still fine on the 28th? Do we just carry on as normal. After spending the Christmas period dreading what was to come.

Or they know it's serious but don't want to ruin Christmas, so are bumping it down the road by a couple of days. Thus putting everyone at danger.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Theoretically question - if cases rise and rise and we see pressure on the NHS, ICU capacity reached, large rises in deaths, at what point would people accept restrictions to prevent case increases?

Theoretically, some folk around this forum would still girn like 5 year olds if they were asked to wear a mask and stop licking door handles if the bodies were piling high in the streets. 

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Theoretically question - if cases rise and rise and we see pressure on the NHS, ICU capacity reached, large rises in deaths, at what point would people accept restrictions to prevent case increases?

Bit of a pointless question, tbh. Cases can't and won't just keep rrising. Would any 'tipping point' last more than a week or two? Is this worth torching society for yet again?

My neighbor came round this lunchtime. She was just back  from shopping in Glenrothes  and reported that Morrisons was heaving with not a parking space to be had. Sounds like Fifers are collectively telling Dr Death and Nicola to shove it.

I don't think anyone has suggested folk are not shopping for food / essentials !!!

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Glad I haven't got my booster yet. It'll give me a reason to leave the house more than once a day.

Wouldn't bother your arse, tbh. What is the point if these utter psychopaths shut everything down again. Like, what are we actually fucking doing?

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Wouldn't bother your arse, tbh. What is the point if these utter psychopaths shut everything down again. Like, what are we actually fucking doing?

I'll be honest, my initial reaction to any further lockdown will be to patch the vaccination. Which, I accept, is a bit of cutting off my nose to spite my face. But it's my natural lashing out instinct.

I reckon I won't be alone in that. Especially amongst people who are vaccine hesitant. Which I'm not. If it doesn't stop me getting it, doesn't stop me passing it on and (assuming the data is accurate) is a fairly mild illness then I'm really not sure what the advantage is.

I was buzzing for my first dose because I felt like it was me playing my part in helping us get out of lockdown. Now that couldn't feel further from the case.

8 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Theoretically, some folk around this forum would still girn like 5 year olds if they were asked to wear a mask and stop licking door handles if the bodies were piling high in the streets. 

That’s poor, this thread can be over the top but fundamentally challenging the government over any and all actions they’re taking on this is pretty essential.