Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, 101 said:

We pay their wages and own them 24/7 365 they should be working non stop if the country is in such a state yet all that seems to of happened at number 10 is constant parties.

This is unreasonable and unrealistic. Regardless of their job they have the right to reasonably defined working hours and the right to go on holiday. Asking people to work non-stop, even in times of crisis, is not conducive to good decision making.

The money so far wouldn't touch the sides of Furlough. I see they are talking about 8pm Curfews and such like at Westminster now.

Should be noted that the narrative about Sturgeon trying Greivance-monger for her own gains kind of falls apart when you realise that the advice she's getting is consistent with advice being given to Westminster who slowly are being talked around into it, and that Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany and Norway at least have already sped past us into wide ranging restrictions.

Despite the more positive data coming out of both South Africa and Denmark, the public health advice being given out to European governments seems to be fairly consistent in its caution.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Not any more. I've had three jabs, pretty much everyone at risk has had three jabs. What the hell are we supposed to do?

You should be reassured that Nicola cares. 

Seriously though Im sorry its had that impact on you, you’re not alone in that, im really worried about the impact its had on a loved one too. I think the fall out from this hasnt even registered yet.

If we get through whatever Christmas/January rise of hospitalisations is coming with a relatively low peak (you know, like a flu season that's happened every single year of my life), I'm not sure the British/Scottish govs will be forgiven so easily this time.

Literally hourly drip feeding of fear/doom mongering news for the past 3 weeks, and its not even Christmas yet. Shot mine and many others mental health to buggery. Hospitality industry decimated due to their words, with no financial support. For some reason I usually quite enjoy Christmas. Its a laugh. The pain of what might or might not be to come after it has me thinking oh, I need to just get through it this year. Something really does have to change.

Guest ofter guest on the BBC this morning parroting the need for more restrictions, laughably saying nobody who has seen the latest Sage data could disagree

Also Leitch, not sure if it was the same interview people mentioned yesterday, but he claimed omicron didn't exist "anywhere in the world" 21 days ago. Just a straight lie and treating the viewers as idiots.

He also had a sarcastic dig at people on twitter thinking they know better than the experts. I'm guessing this was aimed at people on twitter correctly pointing out data from other experts with first-hand experience dealing with omicron.

12 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Also Leitch, not sure if it was the same interview people mentioned yesterday, but he claimed omicron didn't exist "anywhere in the world" 21 days ago. Just a straight lie and treating the viewers as idiots.

A bit harsh to call it a lie, he was likely meaning when it was first identified.

But, say you, surely there is nothing easier than for me to imagine trees, for instance, in a park, or books existing in a closet, and nobody by to perceive them.

The objects of sense exist only when they are perceived; the trees therefore are in the garden... no longer than while there is somebody by to perceive them. George Berkley 1710

Boris considering 3 options:

1. Guidance to reduce household mixing as per the SG last week

2. Outright legal ban on household mixing and 8pm hospitality curfew

3. Full lockdown

Scientists apparently pushing for option 2 but cabinet want option 1 

Just now, CALDERON said:

Johnson shitting the bed re restrictions,  I would guess.

Johnson doesn't have the authority to make decisions by himself any more. There was a 100 MP rebellion just last week on Plan B and a senior ministerial resignation about restrictions over the weekend. Throw in a by-election trouncing and the leadership candidates will be on manoeuvres.

Unlike the SG hivemind, a UK Cabinet meeting is not a fait accompli for restrictions. 

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A bit harsh to call it a lie, he was likely meaning when it was first identified.

It was reported to WHO on 24th November.  the first known confirmed sample was from 9th November.  Take either of those dates as your measure of when it was first identified and he's still talking rubbish.

Surely they know that any sort of 'guidance' will be roundly ignored. If they seriously want households to avoid mixing the only way to do it is to make it law and even there will be millions of folk who will just ignore it.