Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Modelling behind Sajid Javid’s claim of 200,000 daily omicron infections ‘no longer valid’ (msn.com)

Telegraph running stories questioning the modelling. A particular highlight is the bit where Neil Ferguson and his Imperial buddies give it "theres no evidence to say its milder, its actually worser!!!!"

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Hospital numbers below 500 for the first time since 28th August.

image.png.94972248f0c438f8582b2dcc585eaf34.png

Stats are a bag of w**k that can be twisted to suit any agenda, omicron has only been in the country 3 weeks

8TE=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0&sres=1&sresct=

Edited by Meldrew

I've said it before but I honestly don't get the level of sheer panic going round at the moment.

Last year we had the Kent variant (or whatever the f**k it was) and were heading into winter with no vaccine coverage. Restrictions were a kick in the baws but just about understandable, looking a back.

A year on we have most of the population at least double jagged with the elderly/vulnerable triple jagged. Hospital numbers are no where near the peak and falling. We have a variant with all the evidence so far indicating its nothing more than a bad cold for the vast majority yet we're STILL talking about further lockdowns.

The goalposts have been shifted constantly throughout this pandemic. I don't know what the current analogy would be but the goalposts are nowhere to be seen as far as I can tell.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

I've said it before but I honestly don't get the level of sheer panic going round at the moment.

Last year we had the Kent variant (or whatever the f**k it was) and were heading into winter with no vaccine coverage. Restrictions were a kick in the baws but just about understandable, looking a back.

A year on we have most of the population at least double jagged with the elderly/vulnerable triple jagged. Hospital numbers are no where near the peak and falling. We have a variant with all the evidence so far indicating its nothing more than a bad cold for the vast majority yet we're STILL talking about further lockdowns.

The goalposts have been shifted constantly throughout this pandemic. I don't know what the current analogy would be but the goalposts are nowhere to be seen as far as I can tell.

The panic is coming from vaccine manufacturers desperate not to lose their cash cow, and from experts desperate to retain the appearance they know what they are talking about.

The public, in the main, aren't panicking.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

The panic is coming from vaccine manufacturers desperate not to lose their cash cow, and from experts desperate to retain the appearance they know what they are talking about.

oh you're one of them ? i had you pegged as a social climbing tory that was brought up in a council scheme.

Tin-Foil-Hat.jpg&ehk=6DfKwJc2%2BLUr6SsPF

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Jumped the shark or forgot to change account. 

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The BBC I'm sure it was were interviewing the moderna CEO asking about severity of disease. Unbelievable "journalism"

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm all for a bit of banter but you can take this sexist shite and shove it.

talk absolutely shite for months about a ''deadly'' virus and you get pissy about that, conversing online or face to face would make no difference to me, you're a fuckin arsehole.

1190812758_tenor(2).gif.ea255b912670b006cd27dc76a5838032.gif

Just now, Thorongil said:

Hospital numbers just keep tumbling. Positivity rate up a massive 1 percentage point in a week. 

This nonsense has to stop.

naw, you're nonsense needs to stop, nothing is tumbling, and we'll see where we are in another couple of weeks, no doubt you'll still be full of shite.