Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Asked for clarification about returning to work. Apparently there's an ongoing risk assessment. This is friday and being asked to go back monday.

Was told via conference call two days ago that number one priority is the health and safety of employees but then at the same time receive an email from HR seeing they've actively went out and seeked guidance on if they weren't essential or not.

Apparently we are essential, no idea where the info has come from and who said it.

What we do doesnt directly effect anything to do with coronavirus.

Not really sure what to do, been left hanging with 'speak to hr' response but they will just give it the hardline response.

It's a complete contradiction and not in keeping with their own policies not to mention immoral and borderline illegal.

FFS

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Got to feel sorry for Boris Johnson's ladyfriend and child-to be..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercation-at-boris-johnsons-home

Hopefully he'll be too out of breath to go shouting at her and smashing her flat up. 

Hopefully put his pumping prowess gas at a peep as well.

7 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Deep clean Downing Street is the new Drain the swamp.

Which was the old Mumford and Sons, I think.

The other thing that this "crisis" is showing up is that "individuals" have far too much money and power. Basically it's a daily procession of "this Tennis player is doing this", "this footballer is giving that", "this actor is kitting out this", etc, etc.

I'm sorry, but when we're at the stage where we're relying on individuals from the world of sport and entertainment to bail out National Health Services and provide for our poor then I think we should all wake up to the fact that a change is much needed in society.

Don't get me wrong, I applaud these people for giving a fraction of their wealth when they don't need to do so, however it's a sad indictment on our societies that firstly they have this sort of money when the actual "country" is struggling and secondly that our nations are actually relying on it !!!

5 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

181 deaths in the 24 hours to 5pm yesterday. f**k.

Not unexpected, I'd reckon we'll be over the 300 daily mark by Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

We are in for a couple of bad weeks until the impact of the lockdown starts to come through. 

An actual lockdown might be better instead of this kiddy on lockdown we have at the moment.

You only need to look through this thread to see how many employers are wanting to open back up on Monday because they A can and B see their competitors probably doing the same thing.

Edited by Todd_is_God