Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ICTChris

Boris Johnson press conference tonight as well. Joy of joys
Smashing. I'll reserve any further comment until I hear what he says but this is all feeling very like this time last year when the "Kent variant" was discovered.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Today's figures below.

Hospital numbers down by around 200 in the last month. ICU figures relatively unchanged over the same period.

2,287 new cases of COVID-19 reported

29,800 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

8.2% of these were positive

17 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive

53 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (57 one month ago)

727 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (was 925 one month ago)

4,344,043 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,945,451 have received their second dose, and 1,598,749 have received a third dose or booster

Get the cigars out.

2 hours ago, D.V.T. said:

2 UK cases confirmed of the new variant

Border restrictions working wonderfully again!

What is the point in making people take PCR tests for a variant that is already in the country? It's here - that's it. 

No evidence it evades the vaccine, no evidence it causes increased rates of serious illness. 

Edited by Michael W

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Review again in 3 weeks (18th December) exactly a week before Christmas. Cancellation incoming!

I think we are going to start hearing Tory MPs wondering loudly in public if we should bring back restrictions before 18 December.

Surprised Bozo the Clown is indulging in a few bits of pointless theatre to appease the psychos. Tbh though, I was fearful it would be far worse.

With any luck things will calm in the coming weeks.

Just now, Elixir said:

Surprised Bozo the Clown is indulging in a few bits of pointless theatre to appease the psychos. Tbh though, I was fearful it would be far worse.

With any luck things will calm in the coming weeks.

Wonder if the SG will announce more rules and restrictions since Boris has done it.