Coronavirus (COVID-19)

57 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Im meant to be going to a party tonight.  The issue I have is, should I catch it, my wife would also have to isolate for 10 days.  Meant to be going down to her mums in England on 24th for her to see her gran, who isnt in the best of health, which would be scuppered by a positive test.

So, do I play rona roulette tonight or bide in, thus avoiding a potential situation of a prolonged period of her absolutely fuming if end up positive and scupper her family Xmas plans.

Head to your local supermarket. Busy enough and you won't feel guilty, then go out and party 

3 hours ago, thisal said:

I was double jabbed by AZ and caught Covid. My symptoms were negligable compared to my two mates of similar age and fitness. They both caught it pre-vaccine and ended in hospital.  So even by my small non scientific study you're talking shite.

did i say it was it didn't work ? No, i said it was shite in comparison to Pfizer & Moderna, stop being so angry, its almost Christmas

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

As someone who utterly despised tories and everything they stand for, I’m delighted Boris has told her to fucking do one. We’d be locked down by now, but instead I’ll be going to hospitality at Palmerston tomorrow then the pub with my mates. 

This is the part that I find most interesting Nicola... you have actually made more people want to go to the pub.  Isn't that great?!

ThunderousHotAmericanwigeon-max-1mb.gif.b834dedda4cc86760cdf1c202cd76696.gif

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

This is the part that I find most interesting Nicola... you have actually made more people want to go to the pub.  Isn't that great?!

ThunderousHotAmericanwigeon-max-1mb.gif.b834dedda4cc86760cdf1c202cd76696.gif

Anecdotally I know of a few people who are giving the pubs a bye this weekend because they don't want to risk covid wrecking Christmas. 

Statements like all the UK governments have made this week will seriously hit hospitality while doing f**k all to compensate them.

Which is why said pubs will likely stick two fingers up at any attempt to make them do more to "be safe". 

8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Anecdotally I know of a few people who are giving the pubs a bye this weekend because they don't want to risk covid wrecking Christmas. 

Statements like all the UK governments have made this week will seriously hit hospitality while doing f**k all to compensate them.

Which is why said pubs will likely stick two fingers up at any attempt to make them do more to "be safe". 

I hope so. I'll be reverting back to my previous policy of giving the short shrift to any pub that indulges in theatre in favour of ones who simply continue as they ever were

13 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Yeah, I know more than one person who has decided not to go to a gig, go to a function of some description, or go to a hotel for a ‘wee overnighter’ they had booked ahead of Christmas…just in case. 

Personally, I was happy to take my life in my hands and go to the Barras’ to see Del Amitri this week, but it’s been kyboshed. If I was shitting myself about catching Covid ahead of Christmas, I would have avoided the gym, where people are standing on a treadmill right next to me, sweating profusely and breathing their Omicron-riddled breath in my airspace. No mask or anything either. No, hold on, been to the gym on average three days a week since they were allowed to re-open, and I’m fine and dandy. 

Better not go tomorrow morning. Just in case.

Edited by pozbaird

12 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Yep I know a load of folk who've binned pub visits and nights out this weekend. Main reason is to try to decrease the chance of having to self isolate over Christmas. We were due to be at a night out in St Andrews tomorrow night. It's been cancelled given a large number of call offs. Full refunds provided by the venue.

Yep I know a load of folk who've binned pub visits and nights out this weekend. Main reason is to try to decrease the chance of having to self isolate over Christmas. We were due to be at a night out in St Andrews tomorrow night. It's been cancelled given a large number of call offs. Full refunds provided by the venue.
If you were going to the fairmont then I'm not too surprised.
They have been particularly hard hit with outbreaks.
Just had my works Xmas Dinner courtesy of the WestPort in St Andrews. Badly hit by cancellations unfortunately.

How are other P&Bers finding their hometowns just now? Please don’t say ‘I just take the bus as usual and there it is’…. 😜

Was up in Cumbernauld town centre earlier, and it was very quiet. Wasn’t even a queue at Greggs in the Antonine Centre, and that’s a first. Folk avoiding towns ‘just in case’, or maybe just quiet because the turkey, sprouts and stuff is still only dated to December 20th?

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

How are other P&Bers finding their hometowns just now? (Please don’t say ‘I just take the bus as usual and there it is).😜

Was up in Cumbernauld town centre earlier, and it was very quiet. Wasn’t even a queue at Greggs in the Antonine Centre, and that’s a first. Folk avoiding towns ‘just in case’, or maybe just quiet because the turkey, sprouts and stuff is still only dated to December 20th?

Was in Dundee earlier this afternoon and tbh it was exactly like I would expect a Friday afternoon to be.

More than a few party groups going about for Black Friday.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

As a Dundee fan I'd be delighted to get the season stopped right now . . . [emoji58]
Saints are torture but it's one thing folk look forward to regardless. It's a social thing for our crowd as much as the actual game. We all live umpteen miles apart and it's the one focal point every fortnight oh and the Scottish cup jolly to Ayr is on the horizon, a great day out.

That's Denmark going into a partial lockdown/wetting the bed (delete as appropriate):

Danish prime minister Mette Frederiksen said on Friday that theatres, cinemas, concert halls, amusement parks, museums and art galleries must shut down to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

Frederiksen said stores smaller than 2,000 sq metres (21,528 sq ft) and restaurants in Denmark also must limit their number of customers. The government is advising residents to limit social contacts over the Christmas holidays.

“We are not talking about shutting down the whole country as we did last year,” Frederiksen said.

The shutdown order requires parliamentary approval. Lawmakers on the epidemic committee meet on Friday afternoon.

Like many other European countries, Denmark is seeing an rise in Covid-19 cases, with health authorities saying the number of infections and hospitalisations has risen faster than expected.

The country reported 9,999 new cases on Thursday, and the number was above 11,000 on Friday, the prime minister said.

Last year, Denmark was one of the first European countries to close schools because of the pandemic.

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Was in Dundee earlier this afternoon and tbh it was exactly like I would expect a Friday afternoon to be.

More than a few party groups going about for Black Friday.

Surely next Friday is black Friday?

Just now, Abdul_Latif said:

Was in Dundee earlier this afternoon and tbh it was exactly like I was expect a Friday afternoon to be. More than a few party groups going about for Black Friday.

Busy in Dundee then? Glad to hear it. Cumbernauld was busy before the ‘think about cancelling your Christmas parties’ spiel. The atmosphere in and around the town centre was very good. Was a different story today.

Went for my booster this morning at Barmulloch, feared the worst after coming off nightshift and hearing horror stories about people waiting for hours as that was the last thing I needed to be doing. Appointment was at 9.10, dropped the daughter at school and joined the queue which was outside the building at about 8.50. Reckon there were about 40 people in front of me, so I was pleasantly surprised to be jagged and back in the house for 9.20.